Company Flow?

2»

Comments

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    I appreciate and enjoy Funcrusher for when it came out and what it was doing - however, it helped pave the way for too many fools to rhyme (or not) about nothing (and usually not well) and call it "experimental." For that I feel I could have lived without it.

• You dudes are funny. Acting like Faux Rills is going to jump out of the bushes at any moment...

"oh yeah, I like them back in the day, uh, before I was, you know, cool..."

I ride

• I appreciate and enjoy Funcrusher for when it came out and what it was doing - however, it helped pave the way for too many fools to rhyme (or not) about nothing (and usually not well) and call it "experimental." For that I feel I could have lived without it.

I think I'm tired of this argument because ignoring these people is as easy as not actively seeking them out. They are incredibly peripheral. Or are you mad that sometime, somewhere, there were a bunch of nerdy dudes in bedrooms and basements recording arrhythmical rhymes based on Philip K Dick novels?

• I appreciate and enjoy Funcrusher for when it came out and what it was doing - however, it helped pave the way for too many fools to rhyme (or not) about nothing (and usually not well) and call it "experimental." For that I feel I could have lived without it.

I think I'm tired of this argument because ignoring these people is as easy as not actively seeking them out. They are incredibly peripheral. Or are you mad that sometime, somewhere, there were a bunch of nerdy dudes in bedrooms and basements recording arrhythmical rhymes based on Philip K Dick novels?

No disrespect to Funcrusher (it was a classic) or experimental hip hop, but anytime someone breaks new ground people will bite it, incorporate it, or are simply influenced by it. Some people take the art to the next level, many make some whack azz garbage. It's the whole process that has taken music to where it is today. Some nerdy dudes can sit in their bedrooms an produce fire, but many of those cats need to get out and play that stuff for some people and get some feedback before labeling certified experimental heat.

• El-P is dope...

but his best work in my opinion is The Cold Vein LP from Cannibal Ox.

Classssiiiiccccc NY underground shit

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i like this album

• Tragedy of War in 3 parts is my shit.

I'll buy this cheap on LP from any former fans. I just have the cd.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I respect this album but I got rid of my copy about five years ago when I realized that I could not conceive of an occasion when I would ever want to listen to it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    none of it is classic

• HamHam 872 Posts
    none of it is classic

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    none of it is classic

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i liked them for 14.5 seconds when i heard that track with breezly brewin. unfortunately for me within that 14.5 seconds i received some sticker of EL-P and posted it on the back of my acoustic guitar. the shit is hard as hell to remove. look at the pic, u can see the corners where i tried to rip it off but it wouldnt give. i want to pour hot water on it and get rid of it once and for all, but i dont want to damage the texture of my acoustic guitar. on the front of the guitar are stickers of ratm, manic street preachers and skatalites. i've aged a bit since my youth but i still love those groups. so when you flip my guitar and people see a pic of a ginger, they're like wtf??? is it kick a ginger with a guitar day? argg...i wanted to make a post on the strut about how to remove stickers u no longer approve of off your acoustic guitars...but im waiting for a post on how to "remove tattoos that no longer have revelance to you" and sneakily sneak in a pic of my guitar in that thread.

indelible.

via babblefish brownie

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

DUDE