Company Flow?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
What is the Strut's view on the Funcrusher Plus lp? Personally, despite some of the flack it got from certain quarters I thinks it's stood the test of time and is a great original hip hop album.

Comments

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Just wanted to be the first to say:

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm the guy resposible for that "OIUHUESSSUIUEUER" noise that you hear on that album. I didn't get credit for it, but that was me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i liked them for 14.5 seconds when i heard that track with breezly brewin. unfortunately for me within that 14.5 seconds i received some sticker of EL-P and posted it on the back of my acoustic guitar. the shit is hard as hell to remove. look at the pic, u can see the corners where i tried to rip it off but it wouldnt give. i want to pour hot water on it and get rid of it once and for all, but i dont want to damage the texture of my acoustic guitar. on the front of the guitar are stickers of ratm, manic street preachers and skatalites. i've aged a bit since my youth but i still love those groups. so when you flip my guitar and people see a pic of a ginger, they're like wtf??? is it kick a ginger with a guitar day? argg...i wanted to make a post on the strut about how to remove stickers u no longer approve of off your acoustic guitars...but im waiting for a post on how to "remove tattoos that no longer have revelance to you" and sneakily sneak in a pic of my guitar in that thread.

indelible.

via babblefish brownie

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• THE INSTANT THE ALBUM CAME OUT IT WAS A CLASSIC, AND IT IS STILL A CLASSIC AND QUIETLY SHITS ON ALL OF HIP HOP.

• I kind of F*ck with a couple cuts off it. I don't really play it end to end... don't think I even own a copy now that I think about it.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i liked them for 14.5 seconds when i heard that track with breezly brewin. unfortunately for me within that 14.5 seconds i received some sticker of EL-P and posted it on the back of my acoustic guitar. the shit is hard as hell to remove. look at the pic, u can see the corners where i tried to rip it off but it wouldnt give. i want to pour hot water on it and get rid of it once and for all, but i dont want to damage the texture of my acoustic guitar. on the front of the guitar are stickers of ratm, manic street preachers and skatalites. i've aged a bit since my youth but i still love those groups. so when you flip my guitar and people see a pic of a ginger, they're like wtf??? is it kick a ginger with a guitar day? argg...i wanted to make a post on the strut about how to remove stickers u no longer approve of off your acoustic guitars...but im waiting for a post on how to "remove tattoos that no longer have revelance to you" and sneakily sneak in a pic of my guitar in that thread.

indelible.

via babblefish brownie

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    put a sticker over it if you are so ashamed

its really large and i dont really collect rock stickers anymore, but its kind of a good back story. so unless i find a massive sticker of a group im into, the story will do. i guess im happy its not in the front.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Print this thread on sticker paper and put that over it and then you have the story and the sticker all in one.

• I grabbed this album during an era of buying everything Rawkus was putting out. I used to rock the ish out of Funcrusher Plus and copped all the singles, but I feel my taste has changed these days. I would still label this a classic (8 steps to perfection and Krazy Kings too were my jams), but don't feel the urge to pull it off the shelf and listen to it.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    lune tns is mad hip-hop yo!!!

check this art film

haha...i hatt, but was hardcore into these dudes back in college.

overheard in the cubicle next to me, from dude walking by and reading my monitor:

" if i was a feminist working in the corporate world, i would totally name one of my empowering seminars 'Company Flow' "

wtf?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I don't know about that LP, but yesterday I just happened to dust off that Company Flow compilation Mr Len released a couple of years ago and was blown away once more by that "Linda Tripp" (Sole diss). I think this officially my favorite diss track ever.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mad low post counts up in herr

• Haha... yea Linda Tripp is the most personal mean spirited diss song ever made. Its the shit though.

Krazy Kings Too on the 12" for end to end burners is one of my favorite hip hop songs ever made.

Funcrusher Plus is definitely one of my favorite records though.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i liked them for 14.5 seconds when i heard that track with breezly brewin. unfortunately for me within that 14.5 seconds i received some sticker of EL-P and posted it on the back of my acoustic guitar. the shit is hard as hell to remove. look at the pic, u can see the corners where i tried to rip it off but it wouldnt give. i want to pour hot water on it and get rid of it once and for all, but i dont want to damage the texture of my acoustic guitar.

I sure hope you appreciate the irony here: you're afraid of disturbing the appearance of your guitar, yet you put a giant sticker of an URB magazine cover on it?!

• end to end burners is one of my favorite hip hop songs ever made.

8 steps to perfection was the cut off of funcrusher plus for myself but anything after that record from those doods gets no love.

• I like the Holy Mountain sample.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    on the front of the guitar are stickers of ratm, manic street preachers and skatalites.

• "Patriots" was my favourite CoFlow track at the time Rawkus could do no wrong, and it wasn't even on that album.

I think it's interesting but I can't listen to it any more. That goes for pretty much everything El-P-related I've ever owned or checked out; it's interesting music, so I want to listen to it a few times to kind of figure out what's going on, but in the end it's just not nice to listen to.

Except the Cannibal Ox LP of course.

I think it's interesting but I can't listen to it any more. That goes for pretty much everything El-P-related I've ever owned or checked out; it's interesting music, so I want to listen to it a few times to kind of figure out what's going on, but in the end it's just not nice to listen to.

I tried checking out 'Fantastic Damage' but thought it sounded

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    You dudes are funny. Acting like Faux Rills is going to jump out of the bushes at any moment...

"oh yeah, I like them back in the day, uh, before I was, you know, cool..."

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Cosign on Krazy Kings

• HamHam 872 Posts

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    You dudes are funny. Acting like Faux Rills is going to jump out of the bushes at any moment...

"oh yeah, I like them back in the day, uh, before I was, you know, cool..."

I ride

I rotated the hell outta the Funcrusher EP (sidebar: Wasn't that vinyl going for money not too long ago?), then wasn't impressed by the full length.

I have listened to the full length since it was new. After meeting dudes, I think that fully ended the possibility of ever giving them a chance again.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I kind of F*ck with a couple cuts off it. I don't really play it end to end... don't think I even own a copy now that I think about it.

Yeah, I actually sold my copy. It was nice to listen to here and there, before I had a woman in my life.

• After meeting dudes, I think that fully ended the possibility of ever giving them a chance again.

Do tell

• I'll Sleep When You're Dead = slept on classic

IMHO it's better than Funcrusher Plus or Fantastic Damage. On par with the Cold Vein.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Acting like Faux Rills is going to jump out of the bushes at any moment...

He never disappoints either.