Slow and Sleazy Recommendations (RR)

2»

Comments

• How is this one not up yet?!?!

GOLLY! This was on that Jake One "A-R Music" mix that came out a few years back! I used to play that all the time. Amazing track.

Are those mixes (A-R Series) around for sale or download anymore?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

some of yall have BPM issues.

• Yeah, keep it slow people.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• Lukk- On the One

• Take that to the Thump Records compilation thread, keep it slow.

• Not quite as dope as the studio version, but definitely well up in this category:

Johnny "Guitar" Watson -- "I Wanna Ta-Ta You, Baby" (live in Germany '77)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0tF8LxpAKA&feature=related

Not really being from the DJ/beatz community, I don't know if people are especially into sampling his shit, but that run of records he made from something like '75-'80 (as a lot of you probably know, he was one of the original west coast R&B guitarists in the early '50s and got rediscovered and rejuvenated by Frank Zappa) are all

Go back farther than 75. "Listen" from '73 is my favorite JGW album (maybe manny balone would agree with me?). The whole album is slow, seductive, and funky. Peep two of my favorites:

It's All About You:

You Bring The Love:

• Go back farther than 75. "Listen" from '73 is my favorite JGW album (maybe manny balone would agree with me?). The whole album is slow, seductive, and funky. Peep two of my favorites:

That first one especially is interesting--I've never heard JGW in front of a Curtis/Isaac-style orchestral arrangement like that.

Other grimesteez:

Erkut Ta??kin, "Sevmek ??stiyorum"

And does anyone have a link to a Polish record on Musea by a fusion band called Laboratorium? The LP is Quasimodo and the second track, "I'm Sorry I'm Not Driver," is fuskin'

Some Leon Thomas-type free jazz vocals fed through a harmonizer over a greasy bass part.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

lick by joi - both slow and sleazy

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    A Quebec favorite:

DAG - You Can Lick It (If You Try)

Beautiful Sleazy Slow FONK.....

The first time I heard this shit, I was at an All-Nude Skripper Bar on 22nd St.

The ladies were allowed to play whatever songs they wanted for their "featute".

The DJ put this shit on and this slinky sister got on stage and grooved to this.

• Claudja Barry - Love for the Sake of Love

Barry White - Love Serenade Part 1 & 2.