edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I f*ckin hate that guys voice.wanker.

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yr trippin, insomnia is the jam

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    His name is G.O.D., the "Grand Oral Disceminator"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• i hated that line "takin off tights with my teeth"....or some'in like that.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

that 'song' is pure cheese man.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    life is cheese

• There's not one single thing about this group that doesn't suck.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    They are the epitome of almost there. They have some good bits and then just F*ck it up.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    It's one of those songs that always gets requested regardless of the situation.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ive never been somewhere where faithless has been requested. i should remedy this by requesting it next time im in the appropriate venue

'insomnia' is 9.5

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    the appropriate venue

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    Just from reading this thread,
    now i have this giddamn song stuck in my Head

• the appropriate venue

Marco's parties are off the chain kulli!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the appropriate venue

no offense but each of these parties look awesome imo

• the appropriate venue

Marco's parties are off the chain kulli!

Har har ya'll know at my parties the only gora/guero in attendance is BEHIND the decks come on now

• First time I heard this and wow anybody who's cosigning has got to be out of their mind. Unless you're into a Dave-Chappelle-with-fake-british-accent-doing -"I'm Too Sexy" bag, in which case by all means do your thing.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ^does. not. party

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i hated that line "takin off tights with my teeth"....or some'in like that.

it's only a few seconds until he saves it though, with "rise like yeast."

PROTIP: Chapstick.

• My boy Josh does a project with Faithless called One Giant Leap It's kinda cool in the Sesame Street spirit... you guys probably know it but it's one continuous recording made from parts played by musicians around the world and then linked together. Josh travels and records it and spends Faithless' cash getting the recordings. Kinda awesome, but I agree that Faithless is kinda of douche-town and his music is annoying like 'Retail Store House'.... worst genre ever.....

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    ^does. not. party

Deej, I'm known to enjoy, ironically and non-ironically, tons of corny dance music but I have to say that this song is ass.

It's the first time I've heard it, so I'm speaking from a completely nostalgia-free perspective.

If this came on at the clurb, I'd have to run up on dude and request "I Like to Move It" with the quickness. "Cut that shit off, son!"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    at rertain house music clubs 'i like to move it' is mos def more played out and therefore 'corny' vs. insomnia

• Insomnia is a classic. I Like to Move It sucks.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i wouldnt go that far but its way more fun in the context of a set of not-house music

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    at rertain house music clubs 'i like to move it' is mos def more played out and therefore 'corny' vs. insomnia

Zero Gravity?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ha. ive never been but im guessing that what a lot of soulstrut djs play is a lot closer to what they play at zero g, top 40 raps and shit like that

gonna have to check that 18 and over cigar bar one day tho B^)

I know. That's why I mentioned it. As corny and played-out as "Move It" is, it is a hundred times better than "Insomnia."

dancehall chat vocals > breathy Massive Attack raps

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i agree with that greater-than-less-than sign in theory but in this particular instance, im just saying that in some house clubs, 'insomnia' would be the less corny selection. and not 'zero gravity' unless you're going to zero g circa 1996 or something. this is classic pop house at this pt.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what do you guys think of captain hollywood project

i agree with that greater-than-less-than sign in theory but in this particular instance, im just saying that in some house clubs, 'insomnia' would be the less corny selection. and not 'zero gravity' unless you're going to zero g circa 1996 or something. this is classic pop house at this pt.

You are right that Insomnia is less corny and over-played. Hell, I hadn't heard it until today (disconnected from the 90's clubs-related). However, despite Insomnia's less-played status in the clubs, it's still garbage and I would take Move It or any other corny house anthem over it any day. Alls I'm sayin.

• did this ever make it into the 90's club scene?? spaceman indeed.....hahaha.