THE BATMON in Richmond VA.

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I'm down here relaxin' w/ some old college peeps. Lookin to checkout the local record stores. Ive been told on a previous post that this town is empty. But I'm not I wont be lookin for raers anyway. "Im looking for the Celine Dion version of All By Myself ?"

Comments

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Fatback aka F***k, where you at? If he's round I'm sure he'll take you round. Also, Mesh and Mordecai are veterans of that territory, you guys in attendance today?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Batmon VS Richmond?

That's a tough one. Batmon is cool, but Richmond has all the history. I know Batmon has a nice collection, but Richmond has mad records.

Ultimatley I think Richmond has a greater influence on the whole scene, and has been around a lot longer so I will go with Richmond.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Batmon VS Richmond?

That's a tough one. Batmon is cool, but Richmond has all the history. I know Batmon has a nice collection, but Richmond has mad records.

Ultimatley I think Richmond has a greater influence on the whole scene, and has been around a lot longer so I will go with Richmond.

LOL

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Plan 9 !!!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Plan 9 !!!
    I moved here not that long ago Richmond Heads will tell you plan 9 is dried up, but if you go early in the day when they first open you can find shit. Sometimes. As far as what to do. Find a porch and a beer.

Plan 9 !!!
    I moved here not that long ago Richmond Heads will tell you plan 9 is dried up, but if you go early in the day when they first open you can find shit. Sometimes. As far as what to do. Find a porch and a beer.

[color:purple]That is what im doin' now. [/color]

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    head on out to stuck up ass Charlottesville. I can hook you up with all sorts of places where Dave Matthews worked...that or John Grisham books.

This dude down here seemed to agree w/ Rolling Stones'mags' opinion that London Calling by the CLASH is the "best" album of the 80's. I was flabbergasted. "get the fuck outta here" I told myself. Could any body put this LP in its proper perspective . I know its a classic, but the best of the 80's?- c'mon!!!!!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Hey

i just got back in town. where in richmond are you chillin? what are you looking for as far as records go?

what are you looking to do as far as nightlife??

yodel...

dogs im out tommorrow so i really didnt get to hunt/ too busy watersking. oh well.

ps.............................................................................. MESH was my tag back in 86'

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    too busy watersking.

sounds like you found the best aspect of richmond by yourself!

ps.............................................................................. MESH was my tag back in 86'

nice, i used to throw it up a little in the 90s...