removing centres on UK 45s?

2»

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Unfortunately they still retain the pockmarks from their past lives that remind one that they once had ugly centers.

• Just slip your middle finger through a bunch of center holes, lift out, and go. No need to worry about some UK centre filed midway through impeding your progress.

So you have no clubworthy 45s with picture sleeves nor any raer enough to be plastic-bagged. Bah!

• Just slip your middle finger through a bunch of center holes, lift out, and go. No need to worry about some UK centre filed midway through impeding your progress.

So you have no clubworthy 45s with picture sleeves nor any raer enough to be plastic-bagged. Bah!
    Good one!
    Glad butt tone is leaving the record alone...you might as well play soulseek mp3s
    Out if you are going to perform pointless surgery on a 45...as for reynaldo, I hope he breaks the next stateside press of a fania raer he decides to butcher...criminal! I, like marco feel cheated when my 45s have been dinked!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

haha busted! maybe a couple, not many though I admit.

• Button doesn't dig 7" records with a tricenter because:

They cramp my DJ process

I don't know if you spin on the club's sound system, but more than once I found the 45 spindle missing. You'll thank the Lord for a tricenter record then. A lot of these turntables in clubs are used by folks who play 12" records exclusively, and an adapter for singles is a mere afterthought. If the thing you play singles with is missing, no one cares.

(BTW, I usually bring a couple of extra spindles just in case, if it comes to that.)

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    small hole done turned loose.
    uh...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Button doesn't dig 7" records with a tricenter because:

They cramp my DJ process

I don't know if you spin on the club's sound system, but more than once I found the 45 spindle missing. You'll thank the Lord for a tricenter record then. A lot of these turntables in clubs are used by folks who play 12" records exclusively, and an adapter for singles is a mere afterthought. If the thing you play singles with is missing, no one cares.

(BTW, I usually bring a couple of extra spindles just in case, if it comes to that.)
    I play big hole 45s so much that playing a set with no spindle adapter doesn't phase me since I can eyeball them pretty much perfect everytime now. It's definitely not the end of the world. I played a radio show recently where I forgot my adapters & I just eyeballed it no probs, the other DJ who was there couldn't believe it. It was kind of funny.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ugly

What are you doing with these 45's ?
    Oh, I see...

slip your middle finger through a bunch of center holes...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Unfortunately they still retain the pockmarks from their past lives that remind one that they once had ugly centers.

I wish you were joking but sadly you are not.

Do you shave your back?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I only finger good lookin' 45s.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

It's like meeting a beautiful girl with four kids from a previous marriage.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I wish you were joking but sadly you are not.

Do you shave your back?
    Say what you will, just don't deny that it's ugly.