Itunes heads

thiskidnamed32thiskidnamed32 99 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Just got a ipod for X-mas, and I been on Itunes. I read a few threads on here about some people having problems. Should I stick with Itunes or use an alternative like media monkey?Advantages? Disadvantages?

Comments

• I use itunes on an iMac and have no problems at all, not sure what the deal is if your using a PC though...

• Just make sure you manually manage your music. Do NOT allow iTunes to sync automatically. It's a huge pain in the ass.

• Yeah, I figured I should sync it manually. I'm gonna try out Itunes for awhile and see what happens.

• Make sure you buy unconventional science's albums on itunes. They increase the performance of your ipod considerably.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, I figured I should sync it manually. I'm gonna try out Itunes for awhile and see what happens.

The best way to sync is to make a playlist with everything you want on your ipod in it (your whole library if it fits on the ipod) and simply call it "ipod" or something. Then sync this playlist, and change whats on your ipod by dragging and dropping into this playlist - rather than onto the ipod itself.

The advantage of doing it this way is that it will add your ipod play counts and info to your itunes. Dragging and dropping to the ipod doesn't do this. It's not of the utmost importance, just useful if your particular about these kind of things.

Hope that makes sense.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    that makes no sense at all.

just manage manually.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I just select certain playlists to be on mine and sync those playlists automatically.