Whats good in Buenos Aires Argentina?

BrianFromWheatonBrianFromWheaton 52 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
A homie of mine is landing there tonight and won't be home till feb. He has nothing planned at all and is just getting a feel for the place cuz he plans on moving there. anyway, i have asked him to bring me a pile of stuff back (i have very little knowledge of argentinian records), so my question for yall is....What are the dig spots to hit? what are some titles i should have him look out for? who's the man to go to? i'm sure someone can shed some light.....thanks duders.

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Apparently, there are full reels of purged German silent films hiding hither and thither. Say hello to the scion of Fritz Lang for me.

...and did you know that David Brooks is coming to our hometown (and its eponymous college) in February?

• Two great jazz records: "bronca buenos aires" & "el grito" by Jorge Lopez Ruiz
    If you dig bossa, look for any Agustin Pereyra Lucena album.
    Javi

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    tell him to check out www.hiphopargento.com.ar which has all the latest on clubs, gigs etc (some real dope local hip hop and baile funk crews)... also artist to check out Raptores Records (Apolo 11, Sutil/Benja), Mala Semilla, Bersuit, Fuerte Apache... Theres a Dj called Lenni, mad character, who is one of the only dudes I met that is really into the funk...if hes playing its worth checking out...

As for food.... seriously any place is dope, Ramos Mejia in the western suburbs is a good spot for clubs/bars (some have live sex shows and shit), but the classier places are in Palermo... Also tell him to check the local reggae/ska scene, lots of local bands and little clubs tucked away.... and if he sees any place called a 'Cabaret' its a stripclub/hookers lounge....

heres several good spots to dig in Buenos Aires and lots of bargain places (though the records can be in shit nick) theres a dope spot in Moron City and Flores.

• Tell him to have a steak the size of a toilet seat.

• good lookin out dudes...i appreciate it.....i guess they eat the most cows in the world. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........cows.