gran torino

autoauto 198 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This cant possibly be better than Marley & Me.

• really good movie

• I want a sequel where Harrison Ford moves in next door and they growl "GET. OFF. MY. LAWN." at each other for 90 minutes.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I thought this movie was great. Clint does a very good job in it. Mean ass old man on some "GET OFF MY LAWN" type shit.

• How could you guys like this movie?! It was an afterschool special with curse words, blatant & tiresome Asian stereotypes, old man grunts and moans and the typical "white man saves the day" theme (albeit, by sacrifice, but still)!

(And before someone answers with some dumb ass "what do you expect? This is Soulstrut" bullshit make sure you chiggity check yourself and realize that YOUR ass "lives" here too. Stones-throwing bastards. - no pun intended)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Looks like "187."

How could you guys like this movie?! It was an afterschool special with curse words, blatant & tiresome Asian stereotypes, old man grunts and moans and the typical "white man saves the day" theme (albeit, by sacrifice, but still)!

(And before someone answers with some dumb ass "what do you expect? This is Soulstrut" bullshit make sure you chiggity check yourself and realize that YOUR ass "lives" here too. Stones-throwing bastards. - no pun intended)

You're sexy when you hatt.

• New Clint Eastwood movie...needless to say, this is probably a shoe-in for at least 10 Oscar nods?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Yeah, Eastwood is one of my favorite action movie icons, but the "one man army cleaning up the neighborhood" plot has been done to death

• Just saw this last night. I thought Eastwood was great in it. The movie did suffer though due to the supporting cast.

• this movie is good. yes the supporting cast was weak, and the stereotypes were at often times heavy handed. but it was hecka funny and as a genre flick (western) it was another example of clint eastwoods awesomeness. not that he hasnt made some turds.

• this movie is good. yes the supporting cast was weak, and the stereotypes were at often times heavy handed. but it was hecka funny and as a genre flick (western) it was another example of clint eastwoods awesomeness. not that he hasnt made some turds.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    New Clint Eastwood movie...needless to say, this is probably a shoe-in for at least 10 Oscar nods?

this movie is probably too reactionary to win anything... he calls a group of black teenagers "sp--ks"... despite the message of togetherness, i can't see in happening in 2009

that said, it was a good movie, a nice updating of that 70's Death Wish shit for 2008 america... his grunting was funny as hell... it was like seeing Dirty Harry in the retirement home... it was cool how he realized that he had more in common w/ his immigrant neighbors than his bougie kids and grandkids... a bit too corny, but a solid flic...

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    This shit looks/sounds terrible.

peace,xavier

• I enjoyed this movie. Watched it with the in-laws, who liked it too.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Worst acting I've seen in a while.