Bay Area Carpet Bagging Mission 7/27-8/5

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited July 2005 in Announcements
so my parents are staying in at a friends house in sausalito (my dad's geeked for the national coin convention) and since i have a place to stay i'm tagging along. i don't really have anything to do or know anybody who's there right now (other than you guys, i guess), so i have a few questions:

1) what's good that week (and a half)? any good concerts/partieswithcheapbeer/record shows/sales/etc? usually the announcements section is nothing but bay events, but as soon as i'm going out there i see nothing. i thought i read that there was a coup show in sf on the 4th, but then i couldn't find anything about it.

2) how difficult is it to get public transportation in and out of sausilito? can i fuck with it late at night? i don't have any transportation. are there things for me to keep me entertained IN sausalilto?

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Hahaha, you'll be stuck in Marin, that's comedy. August 5th is "Night of the Remix" at Milk, featuring the Strut's own YoungKingPhonicsMoist, B-CausingPeacefulRotations, and lil' old me. More info to come.

On the 29th I'm opening for Mark Ronson, lol. Should be mad decent though.

• maxchampmaxchamp 54 Posts
    August 5th is "Night of the Remix" at Milk, featuring the Strut's own YoungKingPhonicsMoist, B-CausingPeacefulRotations, and lil' old me. More info to come.

Word?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Hahaha, you'll be stuck in Marin, that's comedy.

i just called my boy and he's like "you better hope they have BIKES in the house you're staying in".

• naw dog, Golden Gate transit runs into the night, maybe till 10 or midnight or even 1 am. You could bust a cab but that would probably run 30-40 bucks?

hawlr

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Sausalito is really nice. Jump on Golden Gate Transit bus #10 at Bridgeway and Bay in Sausalito to get to SF... but I don't know how you'd get back.

And Morse, have fun at that Fluid place... Here are pics: http://www.desirefriday.com/desire2_content.html (Check #18.)

• hey Noz~

somebody handed me a flyer today, looks like next weekend has some cool free daytime concerts.

Saturday~ Pucho & His LAtin Soul Brothers
    plus more bands

Sunday- Rebirth Brass Band
    plus more bands

these take place at Washington Square Park in the SFC, 12-6pm as park of the North Beach Jazz fest.

thought it might be good option to consider, I'm still trying to make it work out so me and my fam can cruise down there.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Sunday, the 31st is this fancypants block party at Mighty. It's 40 bucks a ticket though. starts at 1pm

http://www.mighty119.com/rtb_web.html

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Noz-iz-like,

I'm not giggin' anywhere during that time, but lemme know if you make it into the City. PM me with your numbers and such.

Oh, and dress in layers, of course.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    August 5th is "Night of the Remix" at Milk, featuring the Strut's own YoungKingPhonicsMoist, B-CausingPeacefulRotations, and lil' old me. More info to come.

SAY Word[/b]

Chompion, hollur at moi.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    hey Noz~

somebody handed me a flyer today, looks like next weekend has some cool free daytime concerts.

Saturday~ Pucho & His LAtin Soul Brothers
    plus more bands

Sunday- Rebirth Brass Band
    plus more bands

these take place at Washington Square Park in the SFC, 12-6pm as park of the North Beach Jazz fest.

thought it might be good option to consider, I'm still trying to make it work out so me and my fam can cruise down there.

http://www.nbjazzfest.com/

thanks this looks great. got plans on sunday, but i think i pucho on saturday is a must, i might even drag my mom out for it.