NY buyers need not apply, wtf? eBay-R

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/Orquesta-El-Sabor-De...S:B:SRCH:US:101
Please New York Bidders(Meaning Queens/Manhattan/Bronx/Brooklin/New Jersey) Don't Bids In My Auction If A See Any Auction Winners From New York I Won't Send The Records,So Save Me A Headache And Do The Same To You Thanks
What's that about? What's weird is 1) this dude is in NY and 2) he doesn't include this disclaimer in every auction.

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    running scams and doesn't want to get caught?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    His operation is kinda sketchy. I know at least one NY dude who'd like to see him in the streets (condition anger-related).

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Only thing I could think of was taxes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Weird

I've bought from dude before... and subsequently received a rather strange phonecall from him

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    And Staten Island is OK, but NJ is now NY?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Even stranger....dude is selling records w/o covers for $19.99???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Big-Brother-The-Hold...A1%7C240%3A1318

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Weird

I've bought from dude before... and subsequently received a rather strange phonecall from him

Okey dokey then, I'll just avoid this guy's auctions...

• support ur local record shop

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "Cero Feedbacks"

b/w

Question & Answer
    Q: Hi! Does this go for Yonkers people too? I never complain about shipping to any ebay merchant, my feedback store is proof. Anyway, I understand you, but could you do me one favor: do you have any Billo's caracas Boys LPs, specifically Billo 75 1/2 or 74 1/2? Let me know, also what other Los Melodicos records do you have, and will you post them on ebay. Dec-24-08

A: Listen Is anything Agains Ny But This Buyers Doesn't Want To Pay $7 I Provide Proof That I Spend More Money Than $7 With My Services That Is The Reason Yes I Do Have Couples Billo Frometa Records And Los Melodicos Too Which One Are You Looking For?

Weird

Okay, now I'm recalling the full saga:

About a month after I received the record, dude apparently showed up on my stoop and left his name and number with my landlord.

I have no idea who he is or what he wants, but I call.

He wants to verify that I received the record because apparently he's received some complaints from people claiming not to receive records and he "trys to stay on point".

Of course, I had already left him positive feedback upon receipt of the record, so I don't know why coming to my home was necessary.

Very strange.

TIme to get a PO Box

• Of course, I had already left him positive feedback upon receipt of the record, so I don't know why coming to my home was necessary.

Perhaps he was a fan of your work on this board.

Of course, I had already left him positive feedback upon receipt of the record, so I don't know why coming to my home was necessary.

My sense is that he has not yet reached that level of the internet game.

My sense is that he has not yet reached that level of the internet game.

He watch Channel Cero.