Chicago - What's Good

tallbobsmoketallbobsmoke 715 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Will be in Chicago from Christmas to New Years visiting friends and freezing my ass off. Good eats? Good music? Good spots? Good things?

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    go to Cafecito downtown for the best cheap cuban sandwiches -- recent discovery

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    There's a big SS-friendly NYE in Milwaukee if that is an option for you.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Get yourself down to Hyde Park Records at 53rd and Dorchester and eat some Ribs n Bibs.

• ddownddown 65 Posts
    And hit up Harold's Chicken Shack!

Chicken fried in beef fat!!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    LOL...great minds connect. I posted that earlier:
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=crates&Number=251088&page=0&fpart=12

And Meaty, you still at the Shop? I'll be there in March so I just wanted to know...

nope, moved to Phoenix man!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Beween TJ and AB, there are no records in AZ.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Doesn't TJ live in NM?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'll be in Milwaukee for nye. What's this thing there, button?

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Well, take possibly the premier funk+soul night in the US -The Get Down- move it to an art/performance space to keep it sorta on the DL (read: no random douches, pricks, skeevs or floozies who have 3 drinks and forget how to act proper). Add guest DJs Mr. Fine Wine + Nick Cope, and a rare performance by the enigmatic psych/funk band , The Chain, and you've got what will be the hottest ticket in town.

Its pretty much the exact same deal as last year which went off smooth as silk. About 300 in the door throughout the night. Mostly pretty art girls and guys who like pretty art girls. Everyone dancing. no fist fights, dramas, or vomit to be spoken of.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=65053345

***** recommendation, no doubt.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    nope, moved to Phoenix man!

Oh damn...Sorry to hear that!!lol I mean, i guess you have a good reason to be there and probably some things to enjoy, but the only taste I had of Phoenix is pretty bad. Good luck.

Im actually loving it right now. Walkin around in a t shirt while all my friends and family are home shivering like some bitches! Plus Ive had no trouble finding good vinyl...... FEELING IT

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Doesn't TJ live in NM?

Triangulation.[/b]

• Saturday in the Park, Wishing you were here, Just You and Me and Hard for me to say I'm sorry.