SF/Vegas this New Year - what's really.

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
OK, so me and my girl are giving the finger to the economic apocalypse on some "laugh now, cry later" shit, and heading out to the West Coast for New Year. We're in SF for the New Year itself, from 30/12 until 4/1, when we fly out to Vegas until 9/1, during which time I hope to actually have a memorable f*cking birthday for a change. Birthdays the week after New Year suck - everybody's either detoxing or broke after the holiday season, and they don't want to do shit. Anyway, what I hope the Strut will be able to provide is a little assistance with the following;A heads-up on anything good and/or accessible party-wise on NYE. I realise that just about every serious party worth talking about is likely to be over-subscribed by now, but any suggestions as to where a couple could have a good time in SF on New Year's Eve if they just flew in the night before would be more than welcome. Bars, clubs, anything. As long as the clientele isn't stush and the music's good, we're down for whatever like Ice Cube. As for Vegas, this will be our first visit. The more research I do, the more I conclude that it's a city that's geared solely towards big ballers, gamblers and groups of single men pretending they're in Oceans 11 (no shit, Sherlock?). Nothing wrong with that, but if anyone knows what's up as far as any interesting spots that the tourist guides maybe don't cover, I would so appreciate your input, and so would my girl, because we'd like to do something there apart from eat, drink and lose money. We're planning on checking the Beauty Bar at some point, and I believe there's a regular steppers jam somewhere in town on Sundays, so we may well take a look at that too. Thanks in advance, people.

Comments

• not sure if this will be your steez but I'm doing a party with daz I kue, marc de Clive lowe and lady alma in SF. Music wise it'll be everything teh raps to teh disco to teh house musics.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Time/place? Sounds like it'd be fun.

• nye at Poleng Restaurant/club. I got u on the hook up!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Cool as! I shall most assuredly holla.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Essential Heads are doing NYE at Luka's in Oakland. Get familiar with the transaction!

Nah, for real, if you can't make it to Oakland, we've gotta link in SF while you're in the area. Please to holler!