Married/Single did you get laid/paid well in 2008?

DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Overall results for fiscal 2008 and physical 2008?

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    fianc??e

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Insert "recession" jokes here.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    paid = yes
    laid = yes

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I don't really understand what he is asking.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Paid well? I work at a nonprofit.
    Laid well? My bonds were diversified and performed well above the market average.

• Paid well? I also work at a nonprofit.
    Laid. Got engaged in Oct.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    People who work at nonprofits are not going to have a good 2009.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Paid = I have a solid job, so yes.
    Laid = No, but I have never met a girl my age in this city who isn't dull as a doornail or have weird issues, so I don't care

• 2008 I didnt get paid well at all, so I got a new job that I just started last week but got the old bait and switch...got hired as full time, but when it came time for me to start I was told I would be PRN, or "as needed"... so I am only getting about 20 hours a week at the new spot...luckily, I can fill in the gaps with the record shop...uggh, job market is tough, but I should be thankful I even got a new, second job. The way things are looking, 2 jobs might be a long term fixture to my life.

Laid well? sure. Been living with my girl for over 2 years now...things are really great.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I have never met a girl my age in this city who isn't dull as a doornail or have weird issues

I find this incredibly hard to believe, as I meet interesting, relatively issue-free women all the time. I doubt the women in LA are so drastically different.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    paid = yes
    laid = yes

• paid = yes
    laid = Q1 and Q2 yielded good results, Q3 NO, Q4 looking a lot better

• Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I have never met a girl my age in this city who isn't dull as a doornail or have weird issues

I find this incredibly hard to believe, as I meet interesting, relatively issue-free women all the time. I doubt the women in LA are so drastically different.

He's talking about L.A.?

My god, there is probably at least three of every kind of woman one might hope to imagine. The ladies cannot be the problem.

For me:

Paid: Yay
    Laid: Yay Hit a slight rough patch with the long-time lady, i.e. Yes but not quite as much as '07, but who's counting? (I am)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

He's talking about L.A.?

My god, there is probably at least three of every kind of woman one might hope to imagine. The ladies cannot be the problem.

well, it's just in my personal experience. I live in an area where not much is happening, mind you. I consider myself a rather intelligent person, confident, I own my own car, I pay my own bills, I keep myself well groomed, I get out, I can hold a coversation. I'm abnormally short, but I don't think that's an issue..I'm certainly not the geek I was years ago. I don't know, I guess its just not my time yet.

• Paid=NO
    Laid=Alot

GOODTIMES!

• ..I'm certainly not the geek I was years ago.

that may be the prob un4t........geeks are underrated but ALWAYS appreciated!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

b/w

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Paid: I think I did well.
    Laid: --- One can always do better.

• Paid: yes, but 2009 is not looking good
    Laid: yes, but 2009 is not looking good

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

He's talking about L.A.?

well, it's just in my personal experience. I live in an area where not much is happening, mind you. I consider myself a rather intelligent person, confident, I own my own car, I pay my own bills, I keep myself well groomed, I get out, I can hold a coversation. I'm abnormally short, but I don't think that's an issue..I'm certainly not the geek I was years ago. I don't know, I guess its just not my time yet.

L.A. is a destination point for fly ladies across the globe. Go get some! 2009 is your time to shine.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

He's talking about L.A.?

There's plenty of single women that are cool. Go take some college courses, you can meet PLENTY. The bar isn't usually the best place to meet people, unless you're a stud or ho.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Had a lot of pointless but nice sex in 08. Will try to cut down on the Hank Moodswings in 09. As for money, I've lost thousands and will continue losing thousands... IT'S WHAT I DO.

• There's plenty of single women that are cool. Go take some college courses, you can meet PLENTY. The bar isn't usually the best place to meet people, unless you're a stud or ho.

I don't believe this for a minute. Women in school can flake out, too. The only difference between bar women and school women is that you have to see the school woman the next day. Which is good if things are going fine, but when it's not...you know how it is.

Romance is where you find it, be it bar, school, concert, rekkid store, street corner, party, behind the counter at Burger King, the gutter, etc.. Just get out there and circulate. And if it's "not your time," then do like a mole and go underground until it is.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I got paid to get laid

• Paid - added a job to the schedule, worked for clothes and shoes

Laid - got a new girlfriend so fusk yeah.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Married, Laid and PAID this year!

• PAID: started my first full-time job, so yes, but not well
    LAID: Quarters 1 & 2 - had a girlfriend; quarters 3 & 4...

• Paid: Nah, still struggling. I turned 30 in '08, so it's time to get my shit straight.

Laid: Not near as much as i'd prefer. Broke up with my girlfriend(of 5 1/2 yrs) in the 2nd quarter of '08, but started seeing someone else 2 or 3 months ago. I already broke up with her..so no action for me right now. =(

• PAID
    Quarters 1-3: worked full time, made extra ebay & freelance cheddar, paid down credit card debt.
    Quarter 4: quit my job, moved to L.A. during nationwide credit & stock crashes, currently unemployed for 2 months and counting, credit card debt rising past 1st quarter levels.

LAID
    Quarter 1: Divorce became final
    Quarters 2-3: Had a little bit of fun here and there
    Quarter 4: Stock rose (cough) with young Cali gf - futures look good