Barry White production

triptoyourmindtriptoyourmind 294 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I've been really getting into some Barry White productions lately, Gloria Scott and Tom Brock in particular. Is anyone out there able to recommend other stuff he's produced thats worth a listen? any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• "Change" is in my rotation.

• Jay Dee "Come On In Love" (Warner Bros.)b, 21Westwing "Westwing" (20th Century) b, 21White Heat "White Heat" (RCA)b, 21b, 21These three are all nice Barry White productions. The White Heat has some pretty decent funk tracks. The Jay Dee and Westwing are nice soul records.

• I dont think White was actually behind the boards for the White Heat LP. He just put up the money or got them the deal. b, 21b, 21This has been discussed here before. Maybe someone can clarify the story.

• Smoke "Oh Love" on Mo-Soul

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i've said it before, but just start collecting anything produced/arranged by gene page, him and barry white go hand in hand. and gene had his hand in ALOT more projects than barry, i see 45's and lp's w/ gene page credited everytime i go out digging.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21peace,xavier

• Don't forget Danny Pearson, Love Unlimited & Love Unlimited Orchestra. Co-sign on the Gene Page stuff as well. That White Heat was awful. Flipped it immediately.

• Most everything on the Bronco label in the mid-sixties, which was the soul music division of Del-Fi Records. This would include Felice Taylor's girl-groupish "It May Be Winter Outside."b, 21b, 21Del-Fi released a compilation of these sides about ten years ago or so...Boss Soul: The Genius Of Barry White. It is now out of print, although I see Amazon.com has a few copies lying around for $3.99...