DELICIOUS!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Am I using the term correctly?b, 21b, 21_________________________________b, 21b, 21b, 21Levi Johnston's mother hit with drug chargesb, 21Arrested: her son was in the spotlight as father of bristol palin's baby.b, 21b, 21By ZAZ HOLLANDERb, 21a href="mailto:zhollander@adn.com"1zhollander@adn.com/a1b, 21b, 21(12/19/08 00:38:56) b, 21WASILLA -- A 42-year-old Wasilla woman was arrested Thursday at her home by Alaska State Troopers with a search warrant in an undercover drug investigation. Sherry L. Johnston was charged with six felony counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance.b, 21b, 21Johnston is the mother of Levi Johnston, the Wasilla 18-year-old who received international attention in September when Gov. Sarah Palin and her husband, Todd, announced their teenage daughter was pregnant and he was the father. Bristol Palin, 18, is due on Saturday, according to a recent interview with the governor's father, Chuck Heath. b, 21b, 21Troopers served the warrant at Johnston's home at the "conclusion of an undercover narcotics investigation," said a statement issued Thursday by the troopers as part of the normal daily summary of activity around the state.b, 21b, 21Troopers charged Johnston with second-degree misconduct involving a controlled substance -- generally manufacturing or delivering drugs -- as well as fourth-degree misconduct involving controlled substances, or possession.b, 21b, 21Troopers released no other information, including the kind or amount of drugs, because details could jeopardize an ongoing investigation, spokeswoman Megan Peters said. b, 21b, 21Asked how long the investigation had proceeded before Johnston's arrest, Peters would only say "a while."b, 21b, 21The Palmer District Attorney's office had no comment. b, 21b, 21Sherry Johnston was arrested around noon and booked at Mat-Su Pretrial Facility, according to a booking officer there. She was released on a $5,000 unsecured bond just after 2 p.m. b, 21b, 21No charging documents had been filed at Palmer courthouse by the end of the day, a clerk said. b, 21b, 21Levi Johnston sat with Bristol and the rest of the Palin family in St. Paul, Minn., during Gov. Palin's speech to the Republican National Convention, and he joined the family on the stage afterwards. b, 21b, 21When asked about the arrest, Palin's spokesman, Bill McAllister, issued the following statement by e-mail: "This is not a state government matter. Therefore the governor's communications staff will not be providing comment or scheduling interview opportunities."b, 21b, 21Johnston didn't come to the door of her home on Caribou Loop Road outside Wasilla on Thursday afternoon. A teenage boy who answered the door said he couldn't provide any information.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Am I using the term correctly?
    b, 21
    b, 21_________________________________
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Levi Johnston's mother hit with drug charges
    b, 21Arrested: her son was in the spotlight as father of bristol palin's baby.
    b, 21
    b, 21By ZAZ HOLLANDER
    b, 21
    a href="mailto:zhollander@adn.com"1zhollander@adn.com
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21(12/19/08 00:38:56)
    b, 21WASILLA -- A 42-year-old Wasilla woman was arrested Thursday at her home by Alaska State Troopers with a search warrant in an undercover drug investigation. Sherry L. Johnston was charged with six felony counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance.
    b, 21
    b, 21Johnston is the mother of Levi Johnston, the Wasilla 18-year-old who received international attention in September when Gov. Sarah Palin and her husband, Todd, announced their teenage daughter was pregnant and he was the father. Bristol Palin, 18, is due on Saturday, according to a recent interview with the governor's father, Chuck Heath.
    b, 21
    b, 21Troopers served the warrant at Johnston's home at the "conclusion of an undercover narcotics investigation," said a statement issued Thursday by the troopers as part of the normal daily summary of activity around the state.
    b, 21
    b, 21Troopers charged Johnston with second-degree misconduct involving a controlled substance -- generally manufacturing or delivering drugs -- as well as fourth-degree misconduct involving controlled substances, or possession.
    b, 21
    b, 21Troopers released no other information, including the kind or amount of drugs, because details could jeopardize an ongoing investigation, spokeswoman Megan Peters said.
    b, 21
    b, 21Asked how long the investigation had proceeded before Johnston's arrest, Peters would only say "a while."
    b, 21
    b, 21The Palmer District Attorney's office had no comment.
    b, 21
    b, 21Sherry Johnston was arrested around noon and booked at Mat-Su Pretrial Facility, according to a booking officer there. She was released on a $5,000 unsecured bond just after 2 p.m.
    b, 21
    b, 21No charging documents had been filed at Palmer courthouse by the end of the day, a clerk said.
    b, 21
    b, 21Levi Johnston sat with Bristol and the rest of the Palin family in St. Paul, Minn., during Gov. Palin's speech to the Republican National Convention, and he joined the family on the stage afterwards.
    b, 21
    b, 21When asked about the arrest, Palin's spokesman, Bill McAllister, issued the following statement by e-mail: "This is not a state government matter. Therefore the governor's communications staff will not be providing comment or scheduling interview opportunities."
    b, 21
    b, 21Johnston didn't come to the door of her home on Caribou Loop Road outside Wasilla on Thursday afternoon. A teenage boy who answered the door said he couldn't provide any information.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Not exactly--the most delicious element of this story is that it was authored by one Zaz Hollander.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21by
    b1
    i1thee
    /i1
    /b1 one Zaz Hollander.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Is it just the name or is s/he known for something truly befitting delicious?b, 21

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Is it just the name or is s/he known for something truly befitting delicious?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm pretty sure that nobody from Anchorage is known for anything--it's just that there's no way somebody with that name isn't totally delicious.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I am so happy that it took me a second to remember who exactly is Levi Johnston. Thank you again, America!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Is it just the name or is s/he known for something truly befitting delicious?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I'm pretty sure that nobody from Anchorage is known for anything--it's just that there's no way somebody with that name isn't totally delicious.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21The question that's burning in my mind is: Is Zaz short for something, and if so, what could it possibly be? Something equally delicious I would guess.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I'm pretty sure that nobody from Anchorage is known for anything--it's just that there's no way somebody with that name isn't totally delicious.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21The question that's burning in my mind is: Is Zaz short for something, and if so, what could it possibly be? Something equally delicious I would guess.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21Pizaz