Thank God for that Whiiiiite

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I love the snow.b, 21b, 21It's coming down in NYC right now.b, 21b, 21White Christmas bitches!! They canceled street cleaning. HEAUXD HOLIDAYE

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    it's blowing around sideways over here!b, 21b, 21why did they cancel street-cleaning????

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I love the snow.
    b, 21
    b, 21It's coming down in NYC right now.
    b, 21
    b, 21White Christmas bitches!! They canceled street cleaning. HEAUXD HOLIDAYE
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21wait, they canceled street sweeping or they canceled street plowing? I can't imagine doing the latter in NYC.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Tuesday night, it was comin down, while i had a window seat at Pylos.b, 21b, 21Very ro-man-tik.

• Street cleaning - only important to those who drive a hooptie and have to move it from one side of the street to the other every few days.b, 21b, 21I imagine the plows will be out soon enough... but right now it's purdy

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Sayin'! My office is letting out at noon today. Getting somewhere between 6-18 inches apparently.b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snowman.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snowman.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snowman.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Snow in NYC was always depressing to me.....within 24 hours it turned gray/black with exhaust stains and general filth.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    That what makes those first 24 so special tho, shit is fleeting. Looking lovely right now for sure....

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Snow in NYC was always depressing to me.....within 24 hours it turned gray/black with exhaust stains and general filth.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah, but it's pretty great when it's coming down. This is the first serious snow of the year for Boston, so I'm psyched. I'll be sick of it come February, but the first one is always special. I'ma holler at some Jameson I think.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Snow in NYC was always depressing to me.....within 24 hours it turned gray/black with exhaust stains and general filth.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah its great for a day then it turns grey and people dump their butts and trash in it. Sleding in the park is fun though.b, 21b, 21This snow better not F*ck with my flight tomorrow.b, 21b, 21Jonny I hooked up a coveted Thursday spot for the whip, since Xmas and New Years are both on Thursday and alternate side is cancelled I'm good! No parking lots, no stress, yes.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I imagine the plows will be out soon enough
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21and then your car gets plowed in. Not a big deal when it's warmer and the snow stays soft, but if the temp falls and that snow wall around your car hardens up? Wackness. b, 21b, 21b, 21I'm glad the wife and I have made sufficient real world moves to afford a condo with a garage space. Shit is so necessary right now.

• I thought this was a post about benzoylmethyl ecgonine.

• seems like everywhere else is getting more snow than mpls. word, you can keep it!

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21seems like everywhere else is getting more snow than mpls. word, you can keep it!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21It's actually kinda relaxed here in Chicago. It was all "impending apocalypse" on the news the last couple of days, but the roads are pretty clear in the city. Can't vouch for the burbs, though.

• SLEDDING IN PPW TOMORROWb, 21IT'S ON BATCHES

• post pictures of the snow or i'll stuff snow in your male slot img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pasue23is.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21johnny, what time do you close tomorrow?

• Closing at 8 tomorrow... Saturdays go a lil late though.b, 21b, 21Yes tomorrow my car will be plowed in... but if these weather patterns hold up maybe it'll be 60 degrees on Sunday and by Monday when I have to move the car again the snow will have melted.

• word! i'll probably make it there by 8 with the walk, and the snow img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21img src="http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/0/0/02_2008/Picture 50_2.larger.jpg"1b, 21b, 21On another note, my wife and I just put up our little Charlie Brown style Christmas tree last night. Yay!b, 21b, 21img src="http://hahamusic.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/charlie-brown-tree-m.jpg"1b, 21

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I got up ultra early to beat the storm and get down to DC. It's just rain down here. b, 21b, 21My neighbors used to move the whip when I'd travel. A good look like that is untouchable in NYC

• out the back window in BK...snow on the wires...tis nice.b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.nyctrust.com/ish/snooow.jpg"1

• The real fun starts when it thaws out and you see all the dog dookies on the sidewalks b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doggie.gif" alt="" 21

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    They announced last night that today was a snow emergency all dayb, 21in Boston, meaning no parking in those areas marked snow emergency -b, 21then they drove up and down the streets outside my work all morningb, 21announcing that they would start towing at noon ... and muthaphuckersb, 21STILL left their cars out there, so I've been sitting here watching themb, 21tow car after car after car away ... and you just KNOW those dumbassesb, 21are going to come back for their cars and be like WHA-HAPPEN?!b, 21b, 21I can't help but find this amusing img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• I HAD TO WEAR A SCARF, JACKET AND A SWEATSHIRT

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21They announced last night that today was a snow emergency all day
    b, 21in Boston, meaning no parking in those areas marked snow emergency -
    b, 21then they drove up and down the streets outside my work all morning
    b, 21announcing that they would start towing at noon ... and muthaphuckers
    b, 21STILL left their cars out there, so I've been sitting here watching them
    b, 21tow car after car after car away ... and you just KNOW those dumbasses
    b, 21are going to come back for their cars and be like WHA-HAPPEN?!
    b, 21
    b, 21I can't help but find this amusing
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21About ten years ago my wife (then girlfriend) and I lived about a block apart. There was a snow emergency on Christmas eve and both of our cars got towed. It was Christmas Eve and I was all 'F*ck the f*ckin' cops! Do you BELIEVE this shit???"b, 21After we took a smelly taxi down to the impound lot we discovered that the cops had tried to locate both of us. They came to my apartment and knocked on the door (to tell me to move the car), but I was sleeping at her place, and her car still had NY plates, so they didn't know who to contact.b, 21Ain't that a bitch???

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I miss the snow, but damn 74 and sunny is hard to beat..

• It seems to have finished here. Mom dukes just called from Western Mass and she said it's still going. More better for whiskey! Be safe up there.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Yo,b, 21b, 21The snow's in effect in Somerset. I love a "White" holiday season, it's so beautiful. Here's how it looked earlier today:b, 21b, 21 img src="http://blog.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/2008/02/large_snow0212.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21Peace,b, 21b, 21Big Stacks from Kakalak