Post a pic of your kid...

Comments

• wow, congrats to all the new parents. That is awesome. b, 21b, 21congrats to the already parents. Cute kids.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Yeah congrats to Anna and Casb, 21b, 21and 'Preme, wow, whoda thunk...haha, so happy for you bro.b, 21b, 21Raws done already been congratumalated by me but I repeat, CONGRATULATIONS DUDE!!!! you will have a dope gift on the way soon. I got the inside info on all the cool baby toys.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    First train ride.b, 21img src="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/beylotte/012-1.jpg"1b, 21First snow experienceb, 21img src="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/beylotte/025.jpg"1b, 21He could have hit the snow with that stick for hours.b, 21img src="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/beylotte/027.jpg"1b, 21First piano experience. He started by banging like Cecil Taylor then ended up doing this meditative Morton Feldman type thing.b, 21img src="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/beylotte/062.jpg"1

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Cute kid Justin!b, 21b, 21How's new parenthood treating you and Bev?

BTW: are we ready to start posting VIDEOS of our kids?

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21BTW: are we ready to start posting VIDEOS of our kids?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Question for SS parents, do you have friends watch videos of your kids when they come over? b, 21b, 21I find this to be a bad look, but have had it happen several times while visiting with friends. I am down to talk about/hang out with even babysit your kid, but I don't need to watch the video highlights of he/she eating cake at aunt Helen's 80th birthday party. I find it particularly odd when the child is in the room. Why can't we pay attention to the kid right now as opposed to paying attention to them on TV? It is also really hard to make the parents stop showing video once they start. b, 21b, 21I should have just taken this to the blog thread, sorry.

We don't really shoot video. I feel guilty sometimes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    there is a cassette of me and my dad talking when I was three or four. I love that tape.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I shoot a lot of video and never watch it. One day when they're older maybe.b, 21b, 21And no, I am def not ready for people's baby videos.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Question for SS parents, do you have friends watch videos of your kids when they come over?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hell no. I'm not trying to be one of "those parents." b, 21b, 21But the thing is - in the age of youtube - it removes the onus of forcing people to watch videos of your kids when you can just hit 'em with a link and they can choose to do it or not.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Question for SS parents, do you have friends watch videos of your kids when they come over?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Hell no. I'm not trying to be one of "those parents."
    b, 21
    b, 21But the thing is - in the age of youtube - it removes the onus of forcing people to watch videos of your kids when you can just hit 'em with a link and they can choose to do it or not.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I HATE video cameras. I bought 3 grand in film camera equipment to compensate.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21We don't really shoot video. I feel guilty sometimes.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You should, for the hell of it. I know it's cliche but they really do grow up so fast that it's nice to capture them at various mini-stages of their life.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21We don't really shoot video. I feel guilty sometimes.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21You should, for the hell of it. I know it's cliche but they really do grow up so fast that it's nice to capture them at various mini-stages of their life.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Problem is that we have two different pieces of equimpment for still and video. I'd like ot have them in one. We were about to pull the trigger on a new SLR, but I read that next year should have really good hi-def video capabilities built in.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21oh yeah, keeping it SS related always...
    b, 21
    b, 21chillin with uncle Herm
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21the look on that kids face is priceless... b, 21b, 21we need captions STAT

Nikon D90 will solve BOTH your problems.b, 21b, 21I've been saving DJ gig money to upgrade to one.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I find this to be a bad look, but have had it happen several times while visiting with friends. I am down to talk about/hang out with even babysit your kid, but I don't need to watch the video highlights of he/she eating cake at aunt Helen's 80th birthday party. I find it particularly odd when the child is in the room. Why can't we pay attention to the kid right now as opposed to paying attention to them on TV? It is also really hard to make the parents stop showing video once they start.
    b, 21
    b, 21I should have just taken this to the blog thread, sorry.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Worst look ever--subjecting your friends to home videos is a terrible look, period.b, 21b, 21I alsways marvel when I see somebody with a video camera--don't they realize nobody wants to watch that foolishness?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I find this to be a bad look, but have had it happen several times while visiting with friends. I am down to talk about/hang out with even babysit your kid, but I don't need to watch the video highlights of he/she eating cake at aunt Helen's 80th birthday party. I find it particularly odd when the child is in the room. Why can't we pay attention to the kid right now as opposed to paying attention to them on TV? It is also really hard to make the parents stop showing video once they start.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Worst look ever--subjecting your friends to home videos is a terrible look, period.
    b, 21
    b, 21I alsways marvel when I see somebody with a video camera--don't they realize nobody wants to watch that foolishness?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You sound terminally white, single and childless.

• I can understand wanting to video tape my own kids and watch it at some point when they are older. I just don't understand wanting to show everyone that enters my home the footage.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Worst look ever--subjecting your friends to home videos is a terrible look, period.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21now what are we going to do when you come over for the slumber party?!?!

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Nikon D90 will solve BOTH your problems.
    b, 21
    b, 21I've been saving DJ gig money to upgrade to one.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21How do you know if you don't got it yet? b, 21b, 21Seriously not trying to tet you. But I'd like to hear some testimonial. From SLR users that also fukk with video from the same piece. The Pentax SLRs get the consistently best reviews. But I know Nikon is great brand. At the same time, most reviews say the video is decent but not really there yet for all SLRs--even the baller joints. They also suggest that we are about to turn a corner with the ability to combine those features in one reasonably priced piece (under$1000). At the same time, I know one can say that year after year and just never do shit.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I alsways marvel when I see somebody with a video camera--don't they realize nobody wants to watch that foolishness?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21You sound terminally white, single and childless.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21don't forget bitter.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    odiesel: being a new father, just a father in general, has made me, in my opinion, become a better person... slowly. i still have some bullshit attitude in me from time to time but as soon as i think of ariana and beverlie it changes. b, 21b, 21i carry arianas picture on my id at work. i look at it all the time and feel happy. something i havent really felt like in a long time. real true happiness. takes away most of the bad feelings i have inside. i want nothing more than to give the moon and stars to my little girl... she'll deal with an old record and some toys but you know what i mean. b, 21b, 21on top of that i have a new found respect for beverlie. i find myself falling in love with her more and more everyday. shes off work until the end of february and i know she deals with a lot. first baby and only little thing her (and i) have ever been in contact with. it amazes me what women go through in order to give birth. giving birth is tough but nothing like what comes afterwards. theres the time you give the baby, the changings, the breast feeding/pumping, etc. it takes up most of her time. she is in the process of getting her masters so thats been tough but she finished her semester with passing grades and is getting ready for the spring semester. b, 21b, 21when she goes back to work at the end of february (maybe.. id rather her stay out until the fall semester) im going to be off work for two months for bonding time with ariana. im very excited by this. i cant wait to take her out and not worry about kaiser. ill still do the record thing but that wont take away alot of time from ariana. b, 21b, 21anyway im rambling... kids arent easy but they bring a joy to your life like nothing else. seeing the pics of all yalls kids that are newborn to however old rocks daughter is makes me excited for what comes next.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 seeing the pics of all yalls kids that are newborn to however old rocks daughter is makes me excited for what comes next.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21She's 22.b, 21b, 21The best advice I can give all of you new or about to be parents is this....b, 21b, 211) Spend as much time with them as possible. They will grow up in what seems a blink of an eye.b, 21b, 212) Always be honest with them....about everything. b, 21b, 213) Your kid will always be smarter than you think they are and not as smart as they think they are.....especially when they hit their teens.b, 21b, 214) NEVER, EVER forget what you were like when you were their age and don't expect them to be any different than you were.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Nikon D90 will solve BOTH your problems.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21My only problem is convincing my wife I need to spend the $$ to get one.b, 21b, 21'bout to join the club myselfb, 21 img src="http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9071/baby11is6.jpg"1

• Congratulations!b, 21b, 21Dollar_Bin find of the century! Looks like you're farther along than us. So are y'all moving back to Noe Valley? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• This has been the fate of all my children. b, 21b, 21img src="http://medicalimages.allrefer.com/large/abortion-procedure.jpg"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 2113 weeks tomorrow. We're calling it Piglet for now.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21We're at 25 weeks (the pic is about a month old). We call it "the Biscuit"b, 21b, 21Property acquisitions will have to wait until I get a real job outside of academia.

Ok, who is NOT expecting around here?b, 21b, 21Edith, you got anything to share with us? b, 21b, 21Congrats DB!

• a great thread... congrats to all expecting and all who are already getting their parent on. here's a recent iphone flick of my little guys hyp-mo-tized by the omnipotent power of the Wii-b, 21b, 21img src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2937858297_7fd5ccdf40.jpg"1b, 21b, 21soulman luh the kidz img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/word3rp.gif" alt="" 21

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Thanks dudes.b, 21b, 21We are due Feb 14 and it's a boy img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/son.gif" alt="" 21