WHOA - medical phenomenon-r

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Obviously I hope everything is fine with the baby - no more complications and he remains healthy, but so crazy and so cool.b, 21b, 21_____________________________________b, 21b, 21Foot found in baby's brainb, 21 TheStar.com - HealthZone - Foot found in baby's brainb, 21 b, 21December 18, 2008 b, 21THE ASSOCIATED PRESSb, 21b, 21COLORADO SPRINGS???A pediatric neurosurgeon says a tumour he removed from the brain of a U.S. infant contained a tiny foot and other partially formed body parts.b, 21b, 21Dr. Paul Grabb says he operated on Sam Esquibel at Memorial Hospital for Children, Colorado Springs, after an MRI showed a microscopic tumour on the newborn's brain. Sam was three days old and otherwise healthy.b, 21b, 21Grabb says that while removing the growth, he discovered it contained a nearly perfect foot and the formation of another foot, a hand and a thigh.b, 21b, 21"It looked like the breach delivery of a baby, coming out of the brain," Grabb said. "To find a perfectly formed structure (like this) is extremely unique, unusual, borderline unheard of."b, 21b, 21Grabb isn't sure what caused the growth but says it may have been a type of congenital brain tumour. However, such tumours usually are less complex than a foot or hand, he said.b, 21b, 21The growth may also have been a case of "fetus in fetu" ??? in which a fetal twin begins to form within another ??? but such cases very rarely occur in the brain, Grabb said.b, 21b, 21Sam's parents, Tiffnie and Manuel Esquibel, say their son is at home now but faces monthly blood tests to check for signs of cancer or regrowth, along with physical therapy to improve the use of his neck. But they say he has mostly recovered from the Oct. 3 surgery.b, 21b, 21"You'd never know if he didn't have a scar there," Tiffnie Esquibel said.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Planting a foot in a baby's brain?!! That damn severed foot killer is stepping up his game.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    These kind of stories always remind me of this horror film: Manitou/a1

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Planting a foot in a baby's brain?!! That damn severed foot killer is stepping up his game.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21very funny, foot for brains.

• They should name the kid Zeus. Athena-birth-story related

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21These kind of stories always remind me of this horror film:
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Haha, I've actually seen that crap. I think this is more appropriate. In college, I started writing a movie loosely based on this film: a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101660/plotsummary" target="_blank"1The Dark Backward/a1 b, 21b, 21"A man pursues stand-up comedy encouraged by his fellow garbage man. Though his friend, who accompanies him on accordion, continues to tell him how great he is, he actually stinks. When the "comedian" grows a third arm out of his back, the friend uses this twist to get him signed up with a sleazy talent agent, and it begins to look like his career is on the move, even though his girlfriend has left him"