Ask me about German records pt. 4

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Bored at work. ASK!!! b, 21b, 21We're going to have a Christmas dinner at work today and I really don't know what to do until then. I already made some Guacamole at my desk and cut the meat. Maybe I'll prepare some Mayonnaise dip too.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Irwin Lehm... Lahm? Or am I thinking of the footballer? I don't know his name, but he did a funky cover of 2001. What's his name? Do you have a cheap spare to sell for a few Euros?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    It's Erwin Lehn. He's got a good record on MPS which has two funky tracks. What Lp is that cover version on. Can't remember what it is really...

b, 21LOL. How can you not know!b, 21b, 21It may be from a straight 2001:ost covers LP, perhaps on MPS? Or maybe the track goes by the "Thus Spoke Zack Al Thooza the main mudder funkin Dooza" on some comp.b, 21b, 21Anyway, been after that since I heard it on a cool Solid Steel mix from around... 2001. I think it was a DJ Master Chef mix (aka One Cut of Hombre records out of Bristol). Funky, cosmic hammond action, stops at odd points for some horn blasts and stuff.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    i got thisb, 21b, 21img src="http://www.geocities.com/krautrockgroup/AlbumCovers/ApoCalypso.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21in berlin a while back, and like it, care to recommend some further Embryo listenage?

• mayonnaise dip???!b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21whats the rarest james last record?b, 21which is the hottest?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21LOL. How can you not know!
    b, 21
    b, 21It may be from a straight 2001:ost covers LP, perhaps on MPS? Or maybe the track goes by the "Thus Spoke Zack Al Thooza the main mudder funkin Dooza" on some comp.
    b, 21
    b, 21Anyway, been after that since I heard it on a cool Solid Steel mix from around... 2001. I think it was a DJ Master Chef mix (aka One Cut of Hombre records out of Bristol). Funky, cosmic hammond action, stops at odd points for some horn blasts and stuff.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21well, how can i remeber such a wacky song? b, 21b, 21nah, i think it's on that mps lp. there's a cheaper lehn 2lp that has tracks from the early MPS recording plus later tunes. must be on there. i don't know the track names. i don't have that record anymore.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i got this
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21in berlin a while back, and like it, care to recommend some further Embryo listenage?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21steig aus b, 21surfinb, 21b, 21both good.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21mayonnaise dip???!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21whats the rarest james last record?
    b, 21which is the hottest?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21maybe there's an afghan pressing of the voodoo party lp? who knows...b, 21b, 21i don't like any james last record. i think Cosmophonic liked the Well Kept Secret one. i let him buy it. it has been reissued as 180gr pressing? OMG! MUCH WORSE THAN MAYONNAISE DIP!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I'm sorry I missed you in Stuttgart. Too many family obligations. I made it to Second Hand and bought some stupid shit because I was in a hurry. Also went by Tommes and got some good post/punk 12" singles. LOL at 40 euro Roberta Flack records. I should have brought over my local dollarbins. I love Stuttgart.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i couldn't find an erwin lehn track called 2001. don't know. maybe it's the wrong title?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm sorry I missed you in Stuttgart. Too many family obligations. I made it to Second Hand and bought some stupid shit because I was in a hurry. Also went by Tommes and got some good post/punk 12" singles. LOL at 40 euro Roberta Flack records. I should have brought over my local dollarbins. I love Stuttgart.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21did you stand across the road from the main station and an older guy was talking to you in english? i was about to ask if you were Fatback, but i had to catch my train. did i almost run into you?b, 21b, 21next time! i didn't get that you had no cell phone in germany. sorry about that!

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i couldn't find an erwin lehn track called 2001. don't know. maybe it's the wrong title?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Well it's from 2001:A Space Odyssey, but that's some classical music called "Alzo Sprack Tharathusa". Lehn's track is a funky hammond cover of this, b-side features a remix by Edan called "Sprack Yer Tape Deck".

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm sorry I missed you in Stuttgart. Too many family obligations. I made it to Second Hand and bought some stupid shit because I was in a hurry. Also went by Tommes and got some good post/punk 12" singles. LOL at 40 euro Roberta Flack records. I should have brought over my local dollarbins. I love Stuttgart.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21did you stand across the road from the main station and an older guy was talking to you in english? i was about to ask if you were Fatback, but i had to catch my train. did i almost run into you?
    b, 21
    b, 21next time! i didn't get that you had no cell phone in germany. sorry about that!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21no. i would have talked back. i only went to the main train station through he U-Ban. I was staying over near Olga str about 4 blocks from Tommes.

oh, and define old. i would be the old dude wearing sweatpants and crocs bitching about not getting ice in my soda.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21oh, and define old. i would be the old dude wearing sweatpants and crocs bitching about not getting ice in my soda.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21haha! it wasn't you then. it must have been an american getting some information about stuttgart by his unlce or something. b, 21b, 21would have been ab, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bf2e70d8.gif" alt="" 21

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i couldn't find an erwin lehn track called 2001. don't know. maybe it's the wrong title?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Well it's from 2001:A Space Odyssey, but that's some classical music called "Alzo Sprack Tharathusa". Lehn's track is a funky hammond cover of this, b-side features a remix by Edan called "Sprack Yer Tape Deck".
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i can't find any info. maybe they changed the song title. post a clip and i'll take a listen. there's a song on the colours lp (MPS) by erwin lehn that has a track with several changes. i can't remember for sure though...

• Dr Grope,b, 21b, 21 i heartily enjoy playing out stuff like Panta Rhei, Electra Combo etc... all demented b-boy drums, proggy flutes/horns and wailing vox - - -can you recommeend me more stufff that fits this bill?b, 21b, 21 ta.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Where can I finally find a clean copy of Happy Girl by Nathan Davis on SABA? Help!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Dr Grope,
    b, 21
    b, 21 i heartily enjoy playing out stuff like Panta Rhei, Electra Combo etc... all demented b-boy drums, proggy flutes/horns and wailing vox - - -can you recommeend me more stufff that fits this bill?
    b, 21
    b, 21 ta.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Uve Shikora - Das Gewitter - it has the Angela Davis track plus lots of Progb, 21b, 21b, 21what else do you know? do you want me to tell you about eastern german stuff only?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Where can I finally find a clean copy of Happy Girl by Nathan Davis on SABA? Help!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i have no frickin' clue img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Dr Grope,
    b, 21
    b, 21 i heartily enjoy playing out stuff like Panta Rhei, Electra Combo etc... all demented b-boy drums, proggy flutes/horns and wailing vox - - -can you recommeend me more stufff that fits this bill?
    b, 21
    b, 21 ta.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Uve Shikora - Das Gewitter - it has the Angela Davis track plus lots of Prog
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I have a spare of this if you don't already have it Pencilface.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    darn... it's Uve Schikora

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Are you a fan of motorik Grope? Any recommendations? (Or anything that sounds like a 70s German Stereolab.)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    motorik? psycho motorik by muehl?b, 21b, 21stereowhat? what is it?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Is that a German joke? b, 21b, 21b, 21Motorik, Neu!, La D??sseldorf, Klaus Dinger. ? b, 21b, 21No?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i never heard of motorik before. i googled it. still don't really get it.b, 21Neu! is not my type of thing. Kraftwerk? Could never really get into it. Same goes for Can. Yeah, I just said that!b, 21b, 21and still... what's stereolab? i never heard of it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21and still... what's stereolab? i never heard of it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereolab" target="_blank"1They are a French/English indie band from the 90s, who were heavily influenced by motorik and other euro music of the time. b, 21b, 21a href="" target="_blank"1

• This has been a guilty pleasure of mine since high school. I was always a sucker for the rhodes. You?b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I've been asking you about the same record now for like 5 years! You know THE ONE. What's with it? Send me a copy..........

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Dr Grope,
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21 ta.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Uve Shikora - Das Gewitter - it has the Angela Davis track plus lots of Prog
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21what else do you know? do you want me to tell you about eastern german stuff only?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 aha - -cheers for the tip off. doenst have to be only eastern german - -- i'm interested in all Eastern european stuff. b, 21b, 21 you know any more stuff that fits my description that i may not be up on??b, 21b, 21 cheers.