Gran Torino

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
This movie is gangster. End of story

Comments

• I have to disagree. I thought it pretty much sucked a rotten egg nestled between a pair of donkey balls.b, 21b, 21The acting was on the level of an afterschool special. Clint is bad-ass but all he did in this movie was grunt and moan and use damn near every racial slur in the book! If I was Asian I'd probably be pretty pissed (and I don't get pissed or offended easily).b, 21b, 21It seemed like the cheesy ass plot was nothing but a thinly-veiled excuse to say shit like "get me a beer, dragon lady" and "zipperhead this and gook that." Lame ass lame.b, 21b, 21And yeah, I know, "he's an old white man who hates Asians 'cause of the war, that's really how some old white men who fought in the war feel!" Blah blah blah. The point was made clear from the get-go. Did they REALLY have to keep it going throughout the WHOLE movie?!b, 21b, 21Also...b, 21b, 21**SPOILER ALERT**b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21- Why did Tao keep fixing Clint's stuff AFTER his week of punishment/payback was over? They clearly weren't "friends" yet.b, 21b, 21- Sue got beat up and raped and then someone (her friends, I presume) just drop her off and bounce?! She had to stumble into the house all by herself?!b, 21b, 21- The granddaughter was stubborn and mad that she had to help Grandpa Clint and then in the next scene she was trying to be "friendly" and ask for his stuff when he dies?! C'mon.b, 21b, 21- Finally, you mean to tell me that ALL those gangbangin' ass Asian fools shot up Clint and then ALL of them waited around for the cops to show up so they could ALL be arrested?! I call bull-to-the-shit.b, 21b, 21As my friend said as the credits began to roll and Clint began to sing (Really, Clint?? You're a singer now?!), "this movie was kinda ghey."

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21It seemed like the cheesy ass plot was nothing but a thinly-veiled excuse to say shit like "get me a beer, dragon lady" and "zipperhead this and gook that."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Sounds like an episode of I>Entourage[/i]!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    b, 21- Why did Tao keep fixing Clint's stuff AFTER his week of punishment/payback was over? They clearly weren't "friends" yet.b, 21b, 21Because he knew deep down he was a nice dude but was a bigot!b, 21b, 21- Sue got beat up and raped and then someone (her friends, I presume) just drop her off and bounce?! She had to stumble into the house all by herself?!b, 21b, 21I guess Sue was supposed to go out with friends but got abducted by the gang instead. her friends didnt drop her off. some douchebags did.b, 21b, 21- The granddaughter was stubborn and mad that she had to help Grandpa Clint and then in the next scene she was trying to be "friendly" and ask for his stuff when he dies?! C'mon.b, 21b, 21Cause she was a whore..b, 21b, 21- Finally, you mean to tell me that ALL those gangbangin' ass Asian fools shot up Clint and then ALL of them waited around for the cops to show up so they could ALL be arrested?! I call bull-to-the-shit.b, 21b, 21yea i dont understand that...b, 21b, 21but it was Clints last movie so who cares