Cable TV: What's really good? (provider-related)

verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
So my wife cosigned on me getting an iPhone but only with my promise of cable TV in the future. I held out as long as I could, but she's put me on the case and now we're in the market.b, 21b, 21What cable service do you guys have? hot or not? Prize czech? b, 21b, 21b, 21I'd rather not mess with dishes and lots of hardware shit like that. Plus we only are looking for basic moves. We don't need On Demand and movie channels and all that. b, 21b, 21rep your schitt!!!b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/923.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I liked TWC.b, 21I now have Charter in other location, and it's fusking gabage.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Get AT&T U-Verse if it is available. The user interface is much better than Time Warner. You can watch what you've DVR'd on one box from any of the others around the house. You can program the DVR from the web also.

• [grampa simpson]Don't go comcast. I've been trying to downgrade my service for three weeks without success. Worst customer service I've ever experienced[/grampa Simpson]

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    well there's bad news, you can only get cable service from the ONE provider that does service in your area. There might be 3 different ones in a city but none overlap. it's some law I think. So basically you can call and find out who it is, you have more options for stuff like DSL and phone but Cable is solo uno.

• if you are a comcast city...get a dish...seriously, comcast sucks major ass service wise, channel selection, billing...run fast in the opposite direction.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21well there's bad news, you can only get cable service from the ONE provider that does service in your area. There might be 3 different ones in a city but none overlap. it's some law I think. So basically you can call and find out who it is, you have more options for stuff like DSL and phone but Cable is solo uno.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21It's Comcast then. I'm in a new building and I believe we're already wired for Comcast. I would get U-Verse if they carried it in my area. A bunch of people in my building have dishes. Not sure whether it's AT&T or Directv or whatever. Might have to mess with that.

• I never had any issues with directv. Much better service, box, interface IMO.