Wolverine trailer

scebasceba 122 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=48043679"1X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE HDb,21object width="425px" height="360px" 1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/1param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=48043679,t=1,mt=video"/1embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=48043679,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"1/embed1/object1

Comments

• I'm glad Hugh Jackman is sticking with the character even though I think he's too pretty boyish for Wolverine. Film looks a bit comic bookish which may work. Looking forward to this.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Oh shit, they got Gambit up in this?

• looks kinda good!

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Oh shit, they got WILL.I.AM up in this?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21

• Hugh looks ripped for this. Gambit is a plus - hope they keep him as being creole. I'm an x-men fanboy (from growing up with them) so I'll go see this for sure.

Can't be worse than that p.o.s. "X-Men 3".

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    wow

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Oh shit, they got Gambit up in this?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21No disrespect intended, but can anyone explain why Gambit is a popular character? What is his power exactly? Gambit and Rogue were 2 reasons I quit reading the X-Men (and superhero comics in general) way back in the late 80s/early 90s. Man, I want to like this movie but Gambit is seriously cringe-inducing to me.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21No disrespect intended, but can anyone explain why Gambit is a popular character? What is his power exactly? Gambit and Rogue were 2 reasons I quit reading the X-Men (and superhero comics in general) way back in the late 80s/early 90s. Man, I want to like this movie but Gambit is seriously cringe-inducing to me.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21coincidently they were 2 of my favorites as a cartoon watching yunginb, 21b, 21Gambit can charge objects with kinetic energy, causing them to explode. He is extremely agile and quick, and well trained in the martial arts. His thoughts are hard to control, and his voice is somewhat hypnotic. His power's true potential, though permanently excised now, is to control all manner of kinetic energy, allowing him to fire energy blasts, defy gravity and effectively exist as energy. As the adopted son of the leader of the Thieves' Guild of New Orleans, Gambit is also, needless to say, a phenomenal thief. In his Death IV incarnation, Gambit also possesses the ability to create poison gases in his own body and expel them as an offensive weapon.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 In his Death IV incarnation, Gambit also possesses the ability to create poison gases in his own body and expel them as an offensive weapon.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21So in that series he's what, a beer-drinking couch potato? Then I think a lot of us qualify for super hero status. b, 21b, 21Sween is the Superman of this shit!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 In his Death IV incarnation, Gambit also possesses the ability to create poison gases in his own body and expel them as an offensive weapon.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21So in that series he's what, a beer-drinking couch potato? Then I think a lot of us qualify for super hero status.
    b, 21
    b, 21Sween is the Superman of this shit!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Sween is a mutherfuckin GOD b, 21b, 21if he doesn't tell you "go stand over there" you're FUCKED

• img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/word3rp.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Looks like a good movie. Normally Hollywood just fucks up the comic book hero movies, but this one looks like it would be worth watching in the theaters.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21No disrespect intended, but can anyone explain why Gambit is a popular character? What is his power exactly? Gambit and Rogue were 2 reasons I quit reading the X-Men (and superhero comics in general) way back in the late 80s/early 90s. Man, I want to like this movie but Gambit is seriously cringe-inducing to me.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21coincidently they were 2 of my favorites as a cartoon watching yungin
    b, 21
    b, 21Gambit can charge objects with kinetic energy, causing them to explode. He is extremely agile and quick, and well trained in the martial arts. His thoughts are hard to control, and his voice is somewhat hypnotic. His power's true potential, though permanently excised now, is to control all manner of kinetic energy, allowing him to fire energy blasts, defy gravity and effectively exist as energy. As the adopted son of the leader of the Thieves' Guild of New Orleans, Gambit is also, needless to say, a phenomenal thief. In his Death IV incarnation, Gambit also possesses the ability to create poison gases in his own body and expel them as an offensive weapon.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Too complicated, IMO. Teleportation, that's a mutant power. Controlling the weather, I get that. Eye beams, wings/flying, telekenisis, claws/healing ability, these are the mutant powers I appreciate. And that thief stuff was cribbed straight from Storm, just transplated to NOLA.b, 21b, 21Anyway, looks like a fun time regardless.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21No disrespect intended, but can anyone explain why Gambit is a popular character?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21He's a thief who throws kinetically-charged cards as weapons. b, 21b, 21When I was a kid, that shit was pretty cool just on G.P.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Gambit can charge objects with kinetic energy, causing them to explode. He is extremely agile and quick, and well trained in the martial arts. His thoughts are hard to control, and his voice is somewhat hypnotic. His power's true potential, though permanently excised now, is to control all manner of kinetic energy, allowing him to fire energy blasts, defy gravity and effectively exist as energy. As the adopted son of the leader of the Thieves' Guild of New Orleans, Gambit is also, needless to say, a phenomenal thief. In his Death IV incarnation, Gambit also possesses the ability to create poison gases in his own body and expel them as an offensive weapon.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Too complicated, IMO. Teleportation, that's a mutant power. Controlling the weather, I get that. Eye beams, wings/flying, telekenisis, claws/healing ability, these are the mutant powers I appreciate. And that thief stuff was cribbed straight from Storm, just transplated to NOLA.
    b, 21
    b, 21Anyway, looks like a fun time regardless.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21wasnt storm learning all the thiefisms under gambits wing, when she had been reverted to little girl in the nanny storyline?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Too complicated, IMO. Teleportation, that's a mutant power. Controlling the weather, I get that. Eye beams, wings/flying, telekenisis, claws/healing ability, these are the mutant powers I appreciate. And that thief stuff was cribbed straight from Storm, just transplated to NOLA.
    b, 21
    b, 21Anyway, looks like a fun time regardless.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21wasnt storm learning all the thiefisms under gambits wing, when she had been reverted to little girl in the nanny storyline?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Returning to the South, Remy met the X-Woman Storm, who had been de-aged by the Shadow King and had no memory of her adult life. Twelve-year-old Ororo proved a capable thief, and Remy took her under his wing. Soon they were working their way through the South, cleaning out the best homes along the way. When Storm regained her memory and her true age, she sponsored Remy's admission into the X-Men, where he took the code name Gambit.

• When are they gonna make the Wolverine movie where Glenn Danzig plays Wolverine?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21looks kinda
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    F*ck Gambit. b, 21b, 21But Im glad he's in the flick.b, 21b, 21When Wolverine's Popularity started to wane Gambit was suppossed to be that NEXT dude who was Cool/Rebel/unknown past. Basically Wolverine Plus.....and he never really caught on. The flooded 90's w/ all the mysterious Weapon x/ Dept H cahracters like Kane and them never stuck. b, 21b, 21It was an overdose. Little kids who didnt read the Byrne/Clairmont run were introduced via the tv show and thought Gambit was cool. Years later Wolverine has stuck and Gambit, like Bishop,Cable and the other Milk carton Mutants of the 90's gluttony have washed away w/ time.b, 21b, 21DeadPool ( who u see in the trailer - pre-disfigurement) has sustained a cult following, but still to me is a Wolverine/Logan spin-off. Add Lady Deathstrike to the mix as well. Marvel O.D.ed off the Barry Windsdor Smith Weapon X story and created too fuskin much. Omega Red...NO.b, 21b, 21Wolverine was better when his past was unknown. The Pandora's Box has been opened and there are too many variants to his story.b, 21b, 21Despite all that...Im Psylocked to see this flick.b, 21There's Batman,Spider-Man,and....... Wolverine who is really a new character compared to the superhero Canon. b, 21b, 21Dude pretty much changed the game. Batman wasnt the asshole before Logan. His emergence "darkened" how heroes are perceived and written.b, 21b, 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Wolverine was better when his past was unknown.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21THANK YOUb, 21b, 21and that's why this movie does nothing for me.b, 21b, 21make the Miller mini-series or something like it,b, 21and I'd be interested ... but phuckin' Weapon X plots? img src="http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2817/claydavisuq1.gif"1

Even after Weapon X he still had a blurry past. b, 21b, 21Now there's comics w/ him fighting alongside Capt. America in WW2 and shit.b, 21It makes sense to a certain degree but theyve tried too hard to link him to a greater history because of his popularity. I can fault them but dag...dude used to be the hero ur mom didnt want u to be like. b, 21b, 21 img src="http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine112.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21The game is what it is. And Cash Rules Everything Around Me so I understand why he was transformed.b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.mikecs.net/prodigeek/images/Mostinfluentialmomentsincomicbookhistory_147C8/wolverine_out_of_the_sewers.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.diamondgalleries.com/product_images/1/1326/001_big.jpg"1

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Uncanny #134, "Wolverine Lashes Out" ... probably the high point of his career.b, 21b, 21He kills dudes in that shit. Hellfire guards getting hacked up and shit.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Uncanny #134, "Wolverine Lashes Out" ... probably the high point of his career.
    b, 21
    b, 21He kills dudes in that shit. Hellfire guards getting hacked up and shit.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hell to tha jeah. b, 21b, 21When i was a kid, the older cats would big up Logan after this issue.b, 21b, 21I wish I could find some John Byrne interviews about this issue.b, 21b, 21Logan didnt have that STATUS until much later.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Uncanny #134, "Wolverine Lashes Out" ... probably the high point of his career.
    b, 21
    b, 21He kills dudes in that shit. Hellfire guards getting hacked up and shit.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Hell to tha jeah.
    b, 21
    b, 21When i was a kid, the older cats would big up Logan after this issue.
    b, 21
    b, 21I wish I could find some John Byrne interviews about this issue.
    b, 21
    b, 21Logan didnt have that STATUS until much later.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21And whatever happened to Sabertooth being logan's father and him being in Alpha Flight, pre-Alpha Flight? Did I imagine all this?b, 21b, 21And as for that Gambit stuff about Storm, it all seems like phony baloney made-up excess history---her parent's were killed in Africa and that's where she learned her thievin', according to Giant-Sized X-Men #1, and then the subsequent Savage Land saga in Magneto's prison. God, the 90s were no place for straightforward plots, were they?b, 21b, 21Now that mohawks are back in style, do you think they will have Storm rock one in the next movie?b, 21b, 21img src="http://bp3.blogger.com/_dNgNPwAJDI4/R2hw3MphmCI/AAAAAAAAAZs/FpDsu0N5Pf8/s400/Stormohawk.jpg"1

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21And whatever happened to Sabertooth being logan's father and him being in Alpha Flight, pre-Alpha Flight? Did I imagine all this?
    b, 21
    b, 21THAT WAS JUST SPECULATION....AND I THINK THAT DUDE HE'S FIGHTING IN THE TRAILOR MIGHT BE SABRETOOTH PRE-TAMPERING...IM PROBABLY WRONG. BUT YEAH THAT WAS AN OG MYTH ABOUT LOGAN AND SABRETOOTH.
    b, 21
    b, 21And as for that Gambit stuff about Storm, it all seems like phony baloney made-up excess history---her parent's were killed in Africa and that's where she learned her thievin', according to Giant-Sized X-Men #1, and then the subsequent Savage Land saga in Magneto's prison. God, the 90s were no place for straightforward plots, were they?
    b, 21
    b, 21SHE WAS AN ORPHAN IN CAIRO FOR A MINUTE. REMEMBER WHEN SHE STOLE XAVIERS WALLET AT THE CAIRO BAR? THEN HE MEETS WITH THE FAROUK DUDE AND HAS AN ASTRAL PLANE BATTLE AT THE TABLE! THEY JUST STARE AT ONE ANOTHER - SCANNERS STEEZ!
    b, 21
    b, 21Now that mohawks are back in style, do you think they will have Storm rock one in the next movie?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Halle would look hot w/ a white mohawk.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21And whatever happened to Sabertooth being logan's father and him being in Alpha Flight, pre-Alpha Flight? Did I imagine all this?
    b, 21
    b, 21THAT WAS JUST SPECULATION....AND I THINK THAT DUDE HE'S FIGHTING IN THE TRAILOR MIGHT BE SABRETOOTH PRE-TAMPERING...IM PROBABLY WRONG. BUT YEAH THAT WAS AN OG MYTH ABOUT LOGAN AND SABRETOOTH.
    b, 21
    b, 21And as for that Gambit stuff about Storm, it all seems like phony baloney made-up excess history---her parent's were killed in Africa and that's where she learned her thievin', according to Giant-Sized X-Men #1, and then the subsequent Savage Land saga in Magneto's prison. God, the 90s were no place for straightforward plots, were they?
    b, 21
    b, 21SHE WAS AN ORPHAN IN CAIRO FOR A MINUTE. REMEMBER WHEN SHE STOLE XAVIERS WALLET AT THE CAIRO BAR? THEN HE MEETS WITH THE FAROUK DUDE AND HAS AN ASTRAL PLANE BATTLE AT THE TABLE! THEY JUST STARE AT ONE ANOTHER - SCANNERS STEEZ!
    b, 21
    b, 21Now that mohawks are back in style, do you think they will have Storm rock one in the next movie?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Halle would look hot w/ a white mohawk.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21So are those other superdudes in the trailer Alpha Flight people? Alpha Flight was sent to reclaim Logan in Calgary back in like '81, remember? Or did they throw that out in the 90s too?

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Halle would look hot w/ a white mohawk.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21So are those other superdudes in the trailer Alpha Flight people? Alpha Flight was sent to reclaim Logan in Calgary back in like '81, remember? Or did they throw that out in the 90s too?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The dudes I saw in the trailer were the Weapon X dudes like Deadpool.b, 21b, 21I thought Weapon X started w/ Wolverine. And then Deathstrike,DeadPool,Sabretooth,etc were added later. Logan's Healing Factor most likely gave him an advantage from the other dudes so he could heal after they grafted the adamantium to his bones.b, 21b, 21Alpha Flight/Dept. H comes much later. Yeah, Vindicator goes to America to claim Wolverine as property of Dept.H. Heather, the wife of Guardian/Vindicator found Logan in the woods after the Weapon X project. Logan remained loyal to them for a minute.b, 21b, 21Alpha Flight/Wolverine and them were John Byrne's Canadian pride project.b, 21Puck was a Hockey reference.

a href="http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)" target="_blank"1Marvel Universe - Wolverine = Suspect/a1

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 Wolverine tracked down the Winter Soldier in Serbia for information, but was rendered unconscious after a struggle after which the Winter Soldier revealed that he had earlier murdered Logan's pregnant wife.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/1/1d/Winter_soldier.jpg/440px-Winter_soldier.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21BUCKYb, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hard2.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21 /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 It was recently revealed that the Winter Soldier was involved in helping Wolverine escape from Weapon X, and was responsible for the loss of his wife and baby.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Im Psylocked to see this flick.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/841.gif" alt="" 21