Jake/ Thes, how are your albums doing?

2»

Comments

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I wrote out this long diatribe about how we should all thank the internet for your solid success on your projects/careers, Jake and Thes. Soulstrut hated on the kid's profundity. Oh well...b, 21b, 21Anyway, I'm happy for you both.b, 21b, 21I thank the Strut for harboring an economy of great music contribution. Peace to Cosmo, Day and others that understand the power of the internet. I see y'all and will continue to rebroadcast your quality contributions. Because of a place like Soulstrut, I get paid to blog. It's a beautiful thing.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I forgot to ask for the Mp3 of that DJ Day remix. I heard it on the mixtape and was like "HOLY SHIT." Its funny because you can tell its Day all the way. His shit is always kinda epic. Anyways, gimme some free mp3.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yo this is a thread about JAKE AND PUTS! My name shouldn't even be mentioned in here.b, 21b, 21All that said, I'm proud of you dudes for real and you guys deserve all the success you have. I'm gonna do my best to make it out to the PUTS show on Friday. b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sn.gif" alt="" 21

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21If I want to do boogie album next than I can do it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Fantasy is reality in the world today. b, 21

• I got it in my store, and it just keeps selling out. b, 21b, 21b, 21Australia digs you guys!!b, 21b, 21b, 21Keep it up!!!b, 21b, 21b, 21Thanks

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    These 2 ablums are my favorite Lps to come out this year. For what it's worth O.U.R. college radio show keeps these in heavy rotation. On a side note the manager at this bar I dj at just got hip to PUTS. The dude requested L.A. song last week and Acid Raindrops last night. He wasn't even aware of FUN DMC. It's astonishing because he is far from the "head" demographic. Dudes just a 40 year old bar manager who heard something he liked.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    10,000 units for an indy rap act in 2008? I'd say you are doing very, very well!b, 21b, 21I thought the record was pretty good, too. I work for a radio station so I couldn't really give it a thorough listening but it did make my list of "albums I should spend some time with" (a surprisingly small list considering I listen to about 20 CDs a day).b, 21b, 21I put a little sticker with a note on it for the DJs at the radio station that said "PUTS deliver another great effort, definitely check out even if you're not into hiphop."b, 21b, 21It got played a lot and has been #1 on our tiny hip-hop charts for a month or two.b, 21b, 21I think you had Spectre doing radio distribution which is also a good look. They promote a lot of "bigger" titles and from my experience much of the campus/community radio stations take them a lot more seriously than other promotion companies.b, 21b, 21I'm not sure how radio play translates into sales these days, but there was definitely love from the DJs all the way up here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Keep up the good work.

• both records knock.

• dudes Fun DMC is excellent- keep up the good work. BTW thes i just saw the rootdown soundclash dvd (im in the UK so i couldnt come to the actual shows!) and i swear you just killed that fool will.i.am in the battle- i had to buy the cd with those tracks you did live there, me and my friends are all loving it!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thes, your original reply is so f*ckin on point that i want to print it out and hang it on a wall.b, 21b, 21You managed to simultaneously dissect the problems with the music industry, give props to your fans, humbly accept props from your elders and position yourself as an elder all whilst coming across as a solid dude.b, 21b, 21it leads me to believe that you must have bad breath or be a nosepicker or something as no dude can be that dude.b, 21b, 21B/W Come to Amsterdam.

• He's definitely a suspicious character.

• I been listening to PUTS since i heard SFNights and been looking for Jake One beats since i heard walman rotationb, 21I am so very happy these two dudes are doing so well.