font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Kanye provides the soundtrack to a break up.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Yeah, if you're an insipid teenager.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You must not have been in a break up in a bit. Some splits are amicable, so are pretty damn nasty. If you are fortunate enough not to have experienced those feelings since your teens, consider yourself lucky. My ex-wife left me when I was 29. It fucked me the F*ck up. I remember feeling those feelings. I been there. b, 21b, 21I mentioned it in another thread. I just lost my father about a week and change ago. Coldest Winter was about his mother's death, but I could relate to a lot of the sentiments of that song.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21kanye is no roger
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Someone actually made that comparison? Yikes.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I love to quote myself. b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Roger Troutman was one of my favorite acts ever. Seeing Kanye getting his Roger on, I ain't mad.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I did not say Kanye=Roger. b, 21b, 21I will type slower this time.b, 21b, 21I...like...seeing...an...artist...take...influence...from...one...of...my...favorite...artists. b, 21b, 21If Roger was still around, he would be making a huge comeback. I wonder what some of Roger's stuff would sound like with autotune instead of vocoder.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    his new music is awful, but that isn't the reason i hate kanye now. it's because he veered into the realm of "musicians whose personalities can no longer allow you to listen to their music". he might be the single most annoying, self centered, egotistical, shallow, attention-starved, materialistic person i've ever come across in my search for entertainment (sports/music/movies/television). he literally can't do or say anything to make me have a lower opinion of him than i do now. anytime he is interviewed i want to throw a brick at his face. i can't think of a more obvious example of someone who blew up and seemed to turn into something this pathetic (but hey, i didnt know him before he was famous, so maybe he was always an annoying piece of shit)b, 21considering all the celebrities i ride for, it takes a lot for someone to cross the line of me not being able to be a fan because of personality, regardless of their art. kanye hath taken it there.b, 21b, 21/end of asshurt

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    tell us how you really feelb, 21b, 21lol

• If y'all hate Kanye that much, don't listen to him. Don't buy any of his album. Don't play his songs at gigs. Don't watch his videos. Don't watch interviews. b, 21Unless you are some kind of auto-mascohist, don't listen to something you don't like. b, 21Using this method, I only heard Laffy Taffy once.

• how can you hate? Time magazine named this the number one song of the year.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Kanye is going for it and the studio audience ATE IT UP.
    b, 21
    b, 21We...are on the sidelines.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21So? It doesn't disprove that it was a horrible performance. It does prove what low expectations people have for quality musical performances, though.b, 21b, 21I...would rather sit on the bench in this game.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21kanye is no roger
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Someone actually made that comparison? Yikes.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I love to quote myself.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Roger Troutman was one of my favorite acts ever. Seeing Kanye getting his Roger on, I ain't mad.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I did not say Kanye=Roger.
    b, 21
    b, 21I will type slower this time.
    b, 21
    b, 21I...like...seeing...an...artist...take...influence...from...one...of...my...favorite...artists.
    b, 21
    b, 21If Roger was still around, he would be making a huge comeback. I wonder what some of Roger's stuff would sound like with autotune instead of vocoder.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i hear you on that...but.b, 21b, 21i'd bet roger would denounce auto tune...and tell em all to get the F*ck off his dick. unless of course you gonna rock it right.b, 21b, 21im not mad at kanye's music. actually, all critiques aside...it's refreshing to see a rapper/producer show emotion's beside wanting to kill, fuckk and make money.b, 21b, 21being vulnerable= todays real rap ?

• kanye is the shit yo, you sour ass dudes need to fall the F*ck back and just witness a legend do his f*cking thing. I think it's great we get to witness an artist like this while we're alive and still give a shit about music.b, 21b, 21but i'm still not sure about coping the 808 album

• I mean I like Kanye too but none of this is taking away from the fact that his performance is really awful.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21kanye is the shit yo, you sour ass dudes need to fall the F*ck back and just witness a legend do his f*cking thing. I think it's great we get to witness an artist like this while we're alive and still give a shit about music.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Whoa whoa whoa, let's keep shit in perspective here. Plaese to remove your grip from dudes Headporter backpack straps for a sec. b, 21b, 21Kanye wants to be the MJ of this generation. Ok. Dude is cool with me, makes some good music, is entertaining (even if its by being an asshole), has flavor and puts some emotion into his music. Cool.b, 21b, 21BUTb, 21b, 21Dude is not MJ. There is no Thriller, and all this shit just seems like a desperate attempt at being validated as an "artiste'". The new record is growing on me, but that performance of Love Lock Down was just embarrassing. For real. b, 21b, 21[/end]b, 21img src="http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/client_images/kanyewest/3106_fddcab6b408d6997a4e4b83f0a425392.jpg"1b, 21 b, 21..................you may now resume swinging^^^^^

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21how can you hate? Time magazine named this the number one song of the year.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21TIME RUNS THE STRUT X2!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    div1
    object width="420" height="339"1
    param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x7q0or" 21
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" 21
    param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" 21
    embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x7q0or" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b, 21
    b1
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i laughed out loud at 3:20.b, 21b, 21dude cannot sing well.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21kanye is the shit yo, you sour ass dudes need to fall the F*ck back and just witness a legend do his f*cking thing. I think it's great we get to witness an artist like this while we're alive and still give a shit about music.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Whoa whoa whoa, let's keep shit in perspective here. Plaese to remove your grip from dudes Headporter backpack straps for a sec.
    b, 21
    b, 21Kanye wants to be the MJ of this generation. Ok. Dude is cool with me, makes some good music, is entertaining (even if its by being an asshole), has flavor and puts some emotion into his music. Cool.
    b, 21
    b, 21BUT
    b, 21
    b, 21Dude is not MJ. There is no Thriller, and all this shit just seems like a desperate attempt at being validated as an "artiste'". The new record is growing on me, but that performance of Love Lock Down was just embarrassing. For real.
    b, 21
    b, 21[/end]
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21..................you may now resume swinging^^^^^
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21who else is on dudes level right now? NOBODY. Dude is really in his own lane, dude not only changed rap music TWO TIMES but changed the way people dressed/swag. That isn't some "hey I made a hot album" shit he's accomplishing shit no one else is doing or has done in rap.b, 21b, 21Why are folks so desperate to claim this "artiste" shit is a load of crap?

• ughjgjgjgjgjgiuguytcd

• i just got ethered

• LOL!

• DAY WINS./font1/b1

• U muthas have bad taste. Dude is has been mediocre for a minute. He caught your attention w/ clothes and shit. b, 21b, 21Graduation was cool but he's no 10 album artist. b, 21b, 21He did his thang - its a wrap. DILL. b, 21b, 21You'll attempt to hold on to his schtick and realize you behind.b, 21b, 21Dont fight me. Swallow the truth.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    DAY WINS./font1/b1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21U muthas have bad taste. Dude is has been mediocre for a minute. He caught your attention w/ clothes and shit.
    b, 21
    b, 21Graduation was cool but he's no 10 album artist.
    b, 21
    b, 21He did his thang - its a wrap. DILL.
    b, 21
    b, 21You'll attempt to hold on to his schtick and realize you behind.
    b, 21
    b, 21Dont fight me. Swallow the truth.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/COCO8406/lamar.gif"1 b, 21b, 21Discredited.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21U muthas have bad taste. Dude is has been mediocre for a minute. He caught your attention w/ clothes and shit.
    b, 21
    b, 21Graduation was cool but he's no 10 album artist.
    b, 21
    b, 21He did his thang - its a wrap. DILL.
    b, 21
    b, 21You'll attempt to hold on to his schtick and realize you behind.
    b, 21
    b, 21Dont fight me. Swallow the truth.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 211).Do your other accounts feel the same way?b, 21b, 212). He hasn't been mediocre at all, dude got better at producing and rapping. Such a huge artistic growth from College Dropout to Graduation. When is 10 albums important to rap? You see the dudes who got 10 albums. And for the sake or argument dude has made 3 (maybe 4) classiques so for he's batting a thousand. b, 21b, 213). You must be kidding right? The whole "strutters got swayed by dudes gear".....Cargo pants are a way life with some. *sashayshontay!*

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I have defended Kanye on this album, I thought it was good for what it was.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21what it was being steaming dog feces right?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    BIG1
    BIG1
    /THREAD 1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21hahah

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    This is not good - he's heard himself sing with autotune and it's somehow convinced him he doesn't need it. They really need to do it live to, this is embarassing.b, 21b, 21I've never let Kanyes personality discourage me from being a fan, but this just doesn't fly.

• it was a pretty turdy performance, but some of you are acting like this is a deal breaker for you/the rest of society. It's one snl performance. It is nothing in the grand scheme of the exposure he'll get. It was awkward, but it's not like the Ashley Simpson thing. There is no big debate (except on here) about this. b, 21b, 21I listened to the album again today. It's a good listen. I like all of his albums. I think he's talented and takes risks. He's actually successful at taking risks. b, 21b, 21As for the 10 albums. I don't think there are really any rappers that have 10 good albums, let alone 10 albums period. I can't even think of very many bands that have 10 albums that people agree upon as classics.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Someone please post one epic SNL performance. I thought sucking on SNL was a right of passage?

• They aren't available online but man there's some winners. This is a random set of suggestions but I always dug Boz Scags' Lowdown performance and radiohead circa "KID A".

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    man a lot more of you enjoy this new album than I thought would have... maybe I will give it another listen, but that autotune shit gets tired after like 5 notes.... and the entire album is comprised of that shit....Just not good!