Spiral Walls Containing Autumns Of Light

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
If you think Common flipped out w/ Electric Circus, u should check Divine Styler's second album. b, 21b, 21Dude dropped Hip Hop and went Alt-Rock/Electronica. b, 21b, 21I was a fan of Wordpower and his second joint was some on some other shit.b, 21b, 21Just sayin'

Comments

• Just the man I wanted to talk to. b, 21b, 21Do u remember this?b, 21b, 21Dude pulled a 360 and did some mash-up of Punk,Funk,Electronica,Folk, Hip Hop and whatevers. b, 21b, 21to this day its hard to listen to but he was on some "fusk it" shit that I can appreciate.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I picked this up at a pawshop years back and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. If someone could explain it to me I would listen. I even saw some book where a critic wrote that it was the one CD he would have marooned on a desert island. I would not want to be on that island, but am willing to hear what someone sees in this music.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I picked this up at a pawshop years back and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. If someone could explain it to me I would listen. I even saw some book where a critic wrote that it was the one CD he would have marooned on a desert island. I would not want to be on that island, but am willing to hear what someone sees in this music.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21At the time there was NO HIP HOP artist(that I can remember) jumpin off the deep end like this dude did.b, 21b, 21Its not a Rock album. Its not Electronica. Its not R&B, Its SR8t Genreless.b, 21b, 21I never heard Neil Young's TRANS, but to straight up change your steez like this takes balls whether good or bad. Drunk or coked up.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21wait w...wha... we're starting another terrible album cover thread?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I never heard Neil Young's TRANS, but to straight up change your steez like this takes balls whether good or bad. Drunk or coked up.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21well, technically dude was doing a lot of LSD. Everlast even drops a line on the first HOP record talking about doing acid with Divine styler or some ish. And really, at that time in hip hop, people weren't talking about that kinda stuff, it was mostly drinking, blunts and some coke every now and then. Like, the only other dudes that were talking about tripping balls were Yomo & Maulkie and Justin Warfield.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Justin Warfield.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21SOMEONE PLAESE UPLOAD "SEASON OF THE VIC"! I've been trying to track that joint down for years now. b, 21As corny as that dude was, that song was the shit. Not sure if it still holds up after all these years tho.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I never heard Neil Young's TRANS, but to straight up change your steez like this takes balls whether good or bad. Drunk or coked up.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21well, technically dude was doing a lot of LSD. Everlast even drops a line on the first HOP record talking about doing acid with Divine styler or some ish. And really, at that time in hip hop, people weren't talking about that kinda stuff, it was mostly drinking, blunts and some coke every now and then. Like, the only other dudes that were talking about tripping balls were Yomo & Maulkie and Justin Warfield.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Trust that certain hood rappers including Bushwick Bill, Esham, and Volume10 were simultaneously tripping balls with the best of them. b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21

• Never felt the album as a whole....but 'Grey Matter' had a ill vibe to it. b, 21b, 21He switched it up on his third album too. It was on some Def-Jux shit.....years before Def-Jux existed.b, 21b, 21Like his 2nd album I couldnt get into it, except for 'Before Mecca'. Classic Styler.b, 21b, 21I heard that shit first on one of Moodswings mixtapes.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Justin Warfield.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21SOMEONE PLAESE UPLOAD "SEASON OF THE VIC"! I've been trying to track that joint down for years now.
    b, 21As corny as that dude was, that song was the shit. Not sure if it still holds up after all these years tho.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 a href="http://www.sendspace.com/file/j0t5nk" target="_blank"1here you are/a1

• "Euphoric Rangers" has better drums than "Love Lockdown".

• a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=FhGhMWOQk-MC&pg=PA78&lpg=PA78&dq="divine+styler"+"desert+island"&source=bl&ots=sU2G22lbp7&sig=DRrTU8BEVMe5e2BqIsmeI1nruZA&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA69" target="_blank"1http://books.google.com/books?id=FhGhMWO...ct=result#PPA69/a1,M1

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Justin Warfield.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21SOMEONE PLAESE UPLOAD "SEASON OF THE VIC"! I've been trying to track that joint down for years now.
    b, 21As corny as that dude was, that song was the shit. Not sure if it still holds up after all these years tho.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    a href="http://www.sendspace.com/file/j0t5nk" target="_blank"1here you are
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Thanks! QDIII on the mixxxxxxxxxxx

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'd just like to take this moment to drop a name...I am currently very good friends with Bilal Bashir of Divine Styler fame.b, 21b, 21That is all. b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/581.gif" alt="" 21 Herm

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'd just like to take this moment to drop a name...I am currently very good friends with Bilal Bashir
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Takbir's brother, right? Real nice dude. I had a chance to talk to him back when I worked for Subculture.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'd just like to take this moment to drop a name...I am currently very good friends with Bilal Bashir
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Takbir's brother, right? Real nice dude. I had a chance to talk to him back when I worked for Subculture.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21yeah that's him, he's good people. We're supposed to be working on some house music ish together...but that's been supposed to happen for like a year now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Can u ask him if he was ever suppossed to be on the A Tribe Called Quest B-Side - If The Papes Come.