NYC'ers... EXPLAIN Charles Hamilton to me!!! NOW!!

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21So we're comparing the buying habits of baby boomers vs hipsters, teens and pre-teens?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21thread officially derailed
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I'm just saying there is more than one "game" these days, so I think that means "yes" to your question.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21What bearing does AC/DC's babyboomer game have on anything we were discussing? Do these people normally follow blog, check for the lastest shit on youtube, peep Sammy Hagar's latest mixtape? I don't get the point. Are we gonna hear about how folk singer-songwriters get their Starbucks distribution game on point?b, 21b, 21I don't get it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Kayne made baby boomer/Bush era money......CD's,Mixtapes,Videos,Vinyl,and TV exposure.b, 21b, 21These new kids are a new breed. That industry isnt there.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21So we're comparing the buying habits of baby boomers vs hipsters, teens and pre-teens?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21thread officially derailed
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I'm just saying there is more than one "game" these days, so I think that means "yes" to your question.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21What bearing does AC/DC's babyboomer game have on anything we were discussing? Do these people normally follow blog, check for the lastest shit on youtube, peep Sammy Hagar's latest mixtape? I don't get the point. Are we gonna hear about how folk singer-songwriters get their Starbucks distribution game on point?
    b, 21
    b, 21I don't get it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21at some point in this thread people mentioned "the game", and compared the way people play it, and whether or not they are official or something because rapper x "only has fans on the internets"b, 21b, 21the point i am making is there is no one universal game to play, do what works best for you and your audience. some people are succesful because of the internet, and some people don't need it. so i don't believe it matters whether or not you only have fans on the web, or if you none of your fans have access to the web, so long as you reach your audience in the way that you do. so i don't believe either game you play makes you more or less official than the next guy.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Kayne made baby boomer/Bush era money......CD's,Mixtapes,Videos,Vinyl,and TV exposure.
    b, 21
    b, 21These new kids are a new breed. That industry isnt there.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21As far as I know, the industry is putting a lot of weight on ringtones. If there is money to be made there, then the industry is there. OK, maybe "Kanye money" isn't there yet, but it eventually can be, and I think it will be.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Kayne made baby boomer/Bush era money......CD's,Mixtapes,Videos,Vinyl,and TV exposure.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Agreed. Kayne got a little money from everyone and alot of money from certain segments. You never know who might be next, but their current promotion models suck.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Agreed. Kayne got a little money from everyone and alot of money from certain segments. You never know who might be next, but their current promotion models suck.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I believe their current promotion models are good enough to land them lucrative record deals, which is already happening for a lot of them.b, 21b, 21How do their promotion models suck, if they are getting deals$$$ to buy neon jeans for a looooong time? b, 21b, 21Maybe their game is tighter than you want to give them credit for.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Agreed. Kayne got a little money from everyone and alot of money from certain segments. You never know who might be next, but their current promotion models suck.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I believe their current promotion models are good enough to land them lucrative record deals, which is already happening for a lot of them.
    b, 21
    b, 21How do their promotion models suck, if they are getting deals$$$ to buy neon jeans for a looooong time?
    b, 21
    b, 21Maybe their game is tighter than you want to give them credit for.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Getting a deal is not a goal for any artist, at least it shouldn't be.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I believe their current promotion models are good enough to land them lucrative record deals, which is already happening for a lot of them.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The way the industry is now, do you really think a Hip Hop artist should be tryin to get Def Jam to get them money?b, 21b, 21Depite the fact there are many ways to get money out there, a 16 year old Youtube MC isnt relying on Tower Records to swell their pockets.b, 21b, 21Do u see getting a record deal as the Pot Of Gold in 2008?b, 21b, 21AC/DC has a 30 year fanbase.....that cant be applied to MC Scarf-n-Cap.

and for the record Hamilton is wack. No one has yet to discuss his music or lyrics in this mutha. b, 21b, 21If dude was that interesting that should be at the forefront, not how he gets his shit out there.b, 21b, 213 years Milk Carton

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I would be interested to see your idea of the best promotion model for these artists.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I would be interested to see your idea of the best promotion model for these artists.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21SoulStrut.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I would be interested to see your idea of the best promotion model for these artists.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21SoulStrut.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Well obviously, it's worked out so well for so many people.