shipping to France

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I know some folks here won't ship to countries like Italy or France but I have to ship a record to France and am wondering what I can do to best protect my side of the transaction? b, 21b, 21Thanks.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Deliver it in person, have your attorney witness the handover, get it photographed by a notary public.b, 21b, 21Make sure you use a Polaroid, that pic needs to be countersigned by a high court judge for full protection.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    Ship it it registered mail. If a chargeback is started Paypal will ask for a tracking number, or the registered mail number to verify that the package was sent.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Ship it it registered mail. If a chargeback is started Paypal will ask for a tracking number, or the registered mail number to verify that the package was sent.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21won't help if it gets lost and you actually have to track the thing down. b, 21b, 21the french postal services said that my registered mail never arrived at the paris airport. the german postal services said that they handed it out at the paris airport. they could prove it. france still didn't care. they had no record of it. i think the french postal services don't use any kind of tracking number, so french people can claim the record got lost anyway. b, 21b, 21maybe a tracking number could help you with the paypal business. i didn't have to deal with it yet. but it seems to be the safest way for paypaling.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Yup he is right registered mail did not help me.... all I could prove was that the package left the United States....the USPS should stop selling "registered" mail as a shipping option to France esp since the French postal service wont comply with this service. Luckily in my case the person I sent the record to finally received it...registered mail to France is non existant. When I last spoke to someone from the USPS regarding this they told me to send it Express mail next time, rather then do that I just don't ship to France anymore.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21italy = on strike
    b, 21france = perhaps you paid $3 for $300 ebay sale. now i charegeback. ahh, is life.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I heard International Priority doesn't get to those 2 locals any quicker/safer either so I'm all like:b, 21b, 21img src=http://images.businessweek.com/story/08/600/1205_sb_obama.jpg1

• but with international priority you can at least pay to insure it, registered mail only covers you for up to $45.51 no matter how much the item is worth

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Would another option be to have them pay through Western Union, thereby preventing a possible chargeback?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Or do I compel the buyer to purchase registration so that at least I have a tracking number in case of any paypal shadiness? b, 21b, 21Buyer has 1000+ feedback, 99% BUT his sole negative comment in the last year was that he charged back. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21Advice plaese. b, 21b, 21NOTE: in the future, I just won't sell to the French. Seems like the simpler way to go.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I would either take the money order or withdrawal from the transaction. Shipping internationally is always a crapshoot and can give you an unwanted ulcer thinking about the package.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    The only other service I know of that will track packages to France is DHL but I took a package containing one record inside of your typical mailer (brought from bags unlimited) and was told that it would cost something like $75 to ship to France via DHL.. I wish I had other advice except to not sell to anyone in France.