b, 211 jake one
    b, 212 elzhi
    b, 213 scarface
    b, 214 lil' wayne
    b, 215 nas
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21wanted to like killer mike and jeezy's albums more. listened to q-tip's album once and put it away for good.luda was ok, the games album was a terd! and plies, really???!!! shawty lo and webbie, you dudes are suspect.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Shawty Lo is admittedly an acquired taste, but Webbie is great.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I feel sorry for people who don't like the ABN or Scarface albums.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I feel sorry for people who don't like the ABN or Scarface albums.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Feel sorry for them not being able to get it - I can't find ABN here...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I feel sorry for people who don't like the ABN or Scarface albums.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Feel sorry for them not being able to get it - I can't find ABN here...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1I guess I should be grateful but Sam Goody is the only store I can get new independent rap releases now. They actually have a pretty good selection there but shit is all like $17+

I don't even want to tell you how much the Scarface was...am I the only sucker that is still paying for music on digital formats???

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i paid for albums via amazon -- its how i got the jeezy & q-tip albums -- they just give you straight mp3s w/out restrictions like itunes has

I don't have a internets at home and as the ladyfriend of a small business-owner, I try to buy things in stores as much as possible, not online (not counting set sales, etc). If the ABN is as good as folks say it is - well the folks whose taste I usually agree with - then maybe I got to go that route.

• b, 21b, 211- P Brothersb, 212- Elzhib, 213-Jake Oneb, 214-J Zoneb, 215- Illa Jb, 21b, 21Shouts to Black Milk, Nas, DJ Revolution, Q-Tip , PUTS, Statik Selektah, & Termanology...b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/870.gif" alt="" /1

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i liked the first statik selektah a lot more -- streets of MA is hot tho

• yeah, I hear you about his first lp being tighter...b, 21b, 21I ride for the m.o.p. joint on stick 2 the script though

• I wanted to make a seperate post for this but F*ck it, you know what's actually really dope and I thought would be zzzzzzzzzzzzb, 21b, 21is Babu's "duck season 3". Not trying to take the shine away from Jake, but it's similar to his joint. Same guests and similar production sound. I found myself bumping it a lot these past few weeks. It's also good to see a dude going from a dope deejay to solid beat maker. b, 21b, 21The MOP & Bishop Lamont joints are fire. He even had me liking a Percee P & Wildchild track.

• it's such an exciting, invigorating, time for rap music. so many rappers pushing the limits. i can't wait for next year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21it's such an exciting, invigorating, time for rap music. so many rappers pushing the limits. i can't wait for next year.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21dude, the musics gotta move in a forward direction, i don't wanna listen to shit that sounds like ditc/beatminerz circa 94, or 98-2001 rawkus shit. i like that music but also enjoy alot of new stuff. i was hanging w/ dj shame the other day playing him some new hip hop and nothing clicked w/ him based soley off the fact it was recorded after 96. i used to hate on new shit but stopped after i got outta high school, nothing personal kon, but this "true school" attitude is crazy.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21peace,xavier

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i like a lot of stuff that sounds like '96

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    so do i, but there is so much people miss cause they don't want hip hop/rap to change. i still enjoy hearing a good mc over a primo beat but i love hearing young jeezy over a dj toomp beat too. and, i might have listed the carter 3 below elzhi's album but i enjoyed both as much as the other.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21peace,xavier

"True School" is not 90's.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21it's such an exciting, invigorating, time for rap music. so many rappers pushing the limits. i can't wait for next year.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21dude, the musics gotta move in a forward direction, i don't wanna listen to shit that sounds like ditc/beatminerz circa 94, or 98-2001 rawkus shit. i like that music but also enjoy alot of new stuff. i was hanging w/ dj shame the other day playing him some new hip hop and nothing clicked w/ him based soley off the fact it was recorded after 96. i used to hate on new shit but stopped after i got outta high school, nothing personal kon, but this "true school" attitude is crazy.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21peace,xavier
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21nothing personal taken at all. as a real lover of music...on some feed my soul type shit, shits waaaack now. this has nothing to do with age. im just not fooled by this goo goo gaa gaa.b, 21b, 21b, 21and you know im not speaking on jakes efforts. b, 21b, 21ahh.... is it really moving forward ? cmon. shits backwards. its all image and money, and since thats how it is...theres no room for true artistry and experimentation. b, 21you got to sell records and be considered cool. and that has nothing to do with actually being an artist. b, 21b, 21guess what sells.....formulaic garbage. not some heartfelt shit. those days are over.b, 21b, 21young this, young that. lil this lil that. fuk outta here with this bullshit. b, 21same topics, same tired concepts. same beat structure. b, 21recycle bin raps bore me.b, 21every pic of "rappers" in this thread looks the f*cking same.b, 21b, 21b, 21its as if we are back in a time where 45s are the only thing record companies sell.(ringtones and video)b, 21b, 21b, 21there is no such thing as a cohesive full length hip hop lp anymore. not that most of these heads could even make one.b, 21b, 21shit needs to completely eat itself before it can be something as dynamic and natural as it once was.b, 21b, 21i never liked co flow or any of that shit. b, 21im the last person that wants to hear another group trying to sound like some contrived 90's atcq/ de la/ show & ag. if i want that i go to the source.b, 21auto tune is moving forward ? taking a sentence from a verse and stuttering it to make a hook ?b, 21zzzz.... shits exhausted. b, 21b, 21let me ask this, when this rap music of today, thats supposedly moving forward, elevating and pushing boundaries... gets old (as it will) just like the stuff from 80s/90s. all you got is a bunch of singles that all sound the same. b, 21b, 21when you look back, you really honestly think this crap holds a candle to what has come before us ?b, 21helllll no. b, 21b, 21take all this old music all of us fux with, (marvin, otis, bowie, roberta flack, james brown, etc)b, 21from 60's to 70's to 80's. why does it keep coming back to that ? we all know the answer....now apply this to rap music.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21oh yea....i love the clipse and yes they are on that drug shit...but they flip shit with that flavor that i just dont hear coming from the rest.b, 21b, 21ok rant over... back to these fresh, diverse, exciting times in rap music....where classics are banged out all day every day. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" /1

img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/formpager3xk.gif" alt="" /1

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    most boring yet

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I guess I should be grateful but Sam Goody is the only store I can get new independent rap releases now. They actually have a pretty good selection there but shit is all like $17+
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21For most Rap-a-Lot CDs that is about the running price... at least for something like ABN, which my local had at 17 or 18 (whereas they usually price around 13-16).

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Sounds to me like longwinded dude above loves live hip hop bands.

• DID MCENROE PUT ANYTHING OUT THIS YEAR?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I think it's been an alright year since I was struggling to find more than one album I really liked for about the first six months.b, 21b, 21Apart from The Jeezy which is truly a great album I would also rankb, 21b, 21Scarface (duly noted that I should go back and recheck Made but to my ears at least this is miles better)b, 21b, 21Killer Mike (really good but suffers in comparison to how amazing IPATTG 1 was)b, 21b, 21Jake One b, 21ABNb, 21b, 21And I need to go back and see how it stands up now that some competition has emerged but I really enjoyed the Rick Ross and Webbie albums at the time.b, 21b, 21Wayne's album falls apart about five tracks in sadly and I just don't get the Nas album at all. Oh yeah the new Luda is a solid effort as well.b, 21b, 21Can't recall anything else that was particularly decent this year.b, 21b, 21Edit: Forgot the Heltah Skeltah album which is actually one of the best releases of the year and deserves a place in the list.

Just looking back over this list and thinking back over the last couple of years I can't recall a great debut album being released. In fact I'm trying to think back when the last great debut album by a rap artist was?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Just looking back over this list and thinking back over the last couple of years I can't recall a great debut album being released. In fact I'm trying to think back when the last great debut album by a rap artist was?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21this question is depressing. hate to say it but .... The Game?

• ABN - It Is What It Isb, 21b, 21MOSS DEF

• HamHam 872 Posts
    wasn't young jeezys debut pretty great?

Yeah I was thinking possibly The Game but find it hard to believe that there hasn't been one since 2005. Jeezy's wasn't strictly his debut album as he had a couple of independent ones out first. Even ignoring those that was 2005 as well.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21wasn't young jeezys debut pretty great?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Let's think 2008.