The hipster rappers in the Gap Xmas Commercial

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I believe that Harvey Canal was once quoted as saying dudes' music was "fun".

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i believe there are strutters on here who may be intimately involved in the careers of the rappeurs in question

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Dude, I am not going to watch whatever you poasted, but I'm sure these dudes were not Flo Rida.
    b, 21
    b, 21Perhaps there is more than one commercial?
    b, 21
    b, 21I saw it at the movie theater.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21there is a whole ad campaing featuring sandra barnhart, the black dude from 40 yr old virgin, the dude from the office, selma blair, etc.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Sandra Bernhard is not a rapper.b, 21b, 21If Selma Blair is a rapper, I have never heard of him/her.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Faux: I thought you said it was a holiday ad though? That Cool Kids one seems to be about "rock ze vote."

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Faux: I thought you said it was a holiday ad though? That Cool Kids one seems to be about "rock ze vote."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I thought it was, but those are definitely the dudes. I confess to having not given it my full attention.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Faux: I thought you said it was a holiday ad though? That Cool Kids one seems to be about "rock ze vote."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I thought it was, but those are definitely the dudes. I confess to having not given it my full attention.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Actually, it's gotta be a new clip with the same dudes--the movie theater wouldn't still be showing a rock ze vote clip this past weekend.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I thought it was, but those are definitely the dudes. I confess to having not given it my full attention.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21^^ PUTTING ON TEH MOVES DURING PREVIEWS REVEALED ^^

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21^^ PUTTING ON TEH MOVES DURING PREVIEWS REVEALED ^^
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21YOU HEARD ABOUT ME

• The real question I have is what movie were you attending when you saw this ad?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Cadillac Records?

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The real question I have is what movie were you attending when you saw this ad?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Cadillac Records

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The real question I have is what movie were you attending when you saw this ad?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    strike1
    Cadillac Records/strike1advance screening of "Marley and Me" won on radio call-in b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1

• I ride for all of those commercials.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    free market capitalism at its finest amirite

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21free market capitalism at its finest amirite
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes. What I like about the commercials is that these days huge chain stores are now more culturally interesting than the counter-culture. This is in part because all of the hippie counter-establishment types have infiltrated the establishment. But we are at a great moment, when something as trite and mass produced as the effing Gap is out-culturing the underground. So I celebrate these commercials and all that they stand for.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what cant the markets do!

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21these days huge chain stores are now more culturally interesting than the counter-culture.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21No.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21what cant the markets do!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 211) Stop investment banks from inventing an imaginary economy based on bets and hedges on the mortgage market that ends up becoming bigger than the real economy and causing the most serious economic downturn since the 1930s. b, 212) make people more kind, generous and giving. b, 213) increase the net quotient of human love in the world.

• 4) Stop corporate poverty pimping in the 3rd worldb, 21b, 215) End the destruction of the earth's environmentb, 21b, 216) Allow for actual fair competition, since the most powerful interests at the top rig the whole system against competition by exerting influence over government and popular opinion (through media sources like advertising).b, 21b, 217) I shouldn't get startedb, 21b, 218) Corporate ads are definitely not more interesting than counter culture. Bigger spectacle? Yes. More interesting? No. Not unless you're interested in the way that marketing works. This shit is all marketing. There is no content beyond marketing.

• lol at the cool kids in a gap commercial (more so than common or flo rida or whoever else).b, 21b, 21after all, wasn't "cool clothing" or whatever all those dudes actually did have going for them?b, 21b, 21way to alienate their core tight sag/pink kaffiyeh/sunglass demographic.b, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21[sherlockstrut]faux's story is full of holes. a rock the vote ad preceding Cadillac Records, a movie released after the election?[/sherlockstrut]

• I'm just glad Asher Roth hasn't popped up in anything like this. That dudes an abomination.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Im with you rootless. Perhaps the embarrassment of not recognizing Flo Rida was barreling down on the Fauxter when the heavens opened and presented another hiphop themed Gap ad onto the strut. Saved! Or so he thought.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 lol at the cool kids in a gap commercial (more so than common or flo rida or whoever else).
    b, 21
    b, 21after all, wasn't "cool clothing" or whatever all those dudes actually
    did have going for them?b, 21b, 21way to alienate their core tight sag/pink kaffiyeh/sunglass demographic.b, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21[sherlockstrut]faux's story is full of holes. a rock the vote ad preceding Cadillac Records, a movie released after the election?[/sherlockstrut] b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I already addressed this.b, 21b, 21What I know is the following: I saw a commercial that featured those two dudes on December 7 in the movie theater, and I think it had a holiday theme.b, 21b, 21It will eventually air in the cultural backwater in which you reside and I will be VINDICATED.b, 21b, 21But be warned: I will not countenance further speculation that I mistook Sandra Bernhard and Flo-Rida for a pair of hipster rappers.b, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21I wish I did lead a life in which the one Flo-Rida was unrecognizable to me.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 lol at the cool kids in a gap commercial (more so than common or flo rida or whoever else).
    b, 21
    did have going for them?b, 21b, 21way to alienate their core tight sag/pink kaffiyeh/sunglass demographic.b, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21[sherlockstrut]faux's story is full of holes. a rock the vote ad preceding Cadillac Records, a movie released after the election?[/sherlockstrut] b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I just don't think Faux wants to admit that it's Flo and Trey. b, 21b, 21Easier for him to hate on the Cool Kids!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I just don't think Faux wants to admit that it's Flo and Trey.
    b, 21
    b, 21Easier for him to hate on the Cool Kids!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21perhaps. though attempting to differentiate levels of suckiness between these artists would be a pretty useless exercise.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21It will eventually air in the cultural backwater in which you reside and I will be VINDICATED.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21lol. faux seems to live in a bygone era where people anxiously await the next movie reel delivery by pony express from NY.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21It will eventually air in the cultural backwater in which you reside and I will be VINDICATED.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21lol. faux seems to live in a bygone era where people anxiously await the next movie reel delivery by pony express from NY.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Another one of those "I am old" poasts.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• 1). Man those Cools Kids are f*cking lame. b, 21b, 212). Janell Monae's "lettin' go" is kufi classique but there's something very heavy handed on the image she's trying to pull-off. It's made me not to ever check her Metropolis EP or whatever else she's done.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 212). Janell Monae's "lettin' go" is kufi classique but there's something very heavy handed on the image she's trying to pull-off. It's made me not to ever check her Metropolis EP or whatever else she's done.....IN MY LIFETIME
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 211). Man those Cools Kids are f*cking lame.
    b, 21
    b, 212). Janell Monae's "lettin' go" is kufi classique but there's something very heavy handed on the image she's trying to pull-off. It's made me not to ever check her Metropolis EP or whatever else she's done.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21So just to be clear: you regard her previous work as classique, but refuse to check her current output because of her haircut or something?