Options

Distilled Water (Y/N?)...why?

edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Hey, what the skinny on distilled water.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happyday.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Don't drink it.b, 21It has no minerals in it, it's slightly acidic, and contains no bacteria (yay).

• The best drinking water in the world is the cold water that comes out of the bathroom faucet in my apartment. Its like drinking it straight from some stream in Croton. Thats why there were so many Breweries in Brooklyn, because NYC has the best tap water in the world.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The best drinking water in the world is the cold water that comes out of the bathroom faucet in my apartment. Its like drinking it straight from some stream in Croton. Thats why there were so many Breweries in Brooklyn, because NYC has the best tap water in the world.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Suck it you water appropriating bastards.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,110 Posts
    I'm not too what the question is refering to since any information about distilled, ionized and filtered water is readily available, depending on what your use for it is (drinking, pool, shower, fish tank, cleaning your car...). My job involves water conditioning near where I live which has mountain/desert areas with water of varying quality. I could drink straight tap water if I was really thirsty, but for taste, I would recommend carbon filtration hooked up to a countertop cooler. Bottled water is such a waste, I don't know why the sale of it is stopped completely.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Artesian spring or bust.

• I remember using it when I was younger for cutting weight for wrestling and kickboxing competitions.. i think that it is supposed to flush sodium out so that you can cut down on water retention

• I say no, gotta get your fluoride! Keep those teeth strong and healthy. Unless you live somewhere where the water quality is quite poor, there's not really much of a need to distill your water.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    flouride in the water calcifies your pineal gland

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    straight from the tap. nowadays, that's "roughin it"

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Artesian spring or butt.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/media//7401.jpg"1

• I drink water from the tap using a PUR filter attached to the spigot. Tastes fine to me. b, 21b, 21But feel free to inform me as to how this practice will kill me at an early age.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I drink water from the tap using a PUR filter attached to the spigot. Tastes fine to me.
    b, 21
    b, 21But feel free to inform me as to how this practice will kill me at an early age.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I heard that drinking from a bottle will give you wrinkles.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icallbullshit.gif" alt="" 21

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21"ooooooooooooooooWWWWWWW!"b, 21b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• Options
    sorry it has taken awhile for me to respond.....some thing with my cookies.b, 21b, 21i think the distilled water with a bit of rubbing alcohol has been working really well at cleaning 45'sb, 21b, 21especially the weird oily residue that shows up on some wax.

• Options
    but the thing is this...b, 21b, 21...the Earth is moving, it's surface is constantly vibrating and bending and moving. In CA there are concentrated areas of more intense tectonic activity. You have faults along the West Coast and then again in the Sierra's. This tiny vibrations can significant impact the self-life of stored records! Looking at the surfaces closely is see etching. Sometimes I notice that the building foundations are off centered. In that place try to be especially carefully of warps and bends.b, 21b, 21;-)