new old juice crew releases

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
ayo, not sure how many of yall ever check the diggerswithgratitude website or are aware of their series of unrealeased classic era material. b, 21b, 21now they got some serious shit in the pipeline...b, 21unreleased Juice Crew material of the most classic variety. kane, G rap, a ridiculous sounding tragedy joint and a jackson sisters based craig G joint.....all marley production b, 21b, 21i imagine this will rehash the controversy of charging a lot for a vinyl release (its $80 for 6 tracks), but i'm definitely on board...b, 21b, 21snippets here:b, 21a href="http://www.divshare.com/download/5879041-23a" target="_blank"1http://www.divshare.com/download/5879041-23a/a1

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "i imagine this will rehash the controversy of charging a lot for a vinyl release"b, 21b, 21Yeah, especially for the Juice Crew. It's not like super random obscure rap, we're talking about the Juice Crew! That said, I'd consider copping but man.

• I've copped some dwg's in the past. If I've got money sitting in the paypal account it's kind of a no-brainer. b, 21The price is steep, but from what I understand, or at least I assume, it's high so that they can actually give the artists some money. b, 21b, 21This one does sound good too.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21"i imagine this will rehash the controversy of charging a lot for a vinyl release"
    b, 21
    b, 21Yeah, especially for the Juice Crew. It's not like super random obscure rap, we're talking about the Juice Crew! That said, I'd consider copping but man.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21youre little girl needs this. dont be a bad parent

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21unreleased Juice Crew material of the most classic variety.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Holeee shit.

• thats what im saying!!!!! b, 21b, 21this is kinda big news in my book...someone might as well haev invented a time machine

• Indeed...these tracks are of great historical importance. DWG raise the bar with the unreleased stuff.b, 21b, 21Can't wait to receive my copy.

• [no no drop-o] kane said that there's a version of kool g. rap spitting over ain't no half steppin'. kane was going to pass but once he heard him record a rough version/wanted to rock the beat he felt he had to rock it instead[/no name drop-o]

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Indeed...these tracks are of great historical importance. DWG raise the bar with the unreleased stuff.
    b, 21
    b, 21Can't wait to receive my copy.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21A truely great record essential stuff just wish I could afford it. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21The main source seven is worth checking for too.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21DWG keep up the good work...b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oj.gif" alt="" 21

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    props to DWG for finding these heaters and giving them the proper treatment... those fools even found some tracks off Main Source the Science!

• Thanks for the kind words everyone. b, 21b, 21The price isn't for the feint of heart, but it's not because we're making money. As Controller suggested, the majority of the loot goes straight to the artist(s) we work with. We'd have it no other way. What little is left goes toward keeping the forum up and things like that. We all have day jobs and do this because... (and I know this sounds corny)... we love it.b, 21b, 21We'd like to think some of these songs *may* have never seen the light of day had we not pressed them up. Sure, someone may have come and put them out after us, but they haven't for the last 20 years. Who's to say it wouldn't have been another 20, by which point we'd all be wearing suspenders and listening to Neil Sedaka on our wireless iPods (no dis)?b, 21b, 21Again, thanks for the feedback. These releases aren't for everyone, but hopefully those that dig them feel their money has been well spent.

• DWG CHANGED MY LIFE img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    b, 21
    b, 21The price isn't for the feint of heart, but it's not because we're making money. As Controller suggested, the majority of the loot goes straight to the artist(s) we work with. We'd have it no other way. What little is left goes toward keeping the forum up and things like that. We all have day jobs and do this because... (and I know this sounds corny)... we love it.
    b, 21
    b, 21We'd like to think some of these songs *may* have never seen the light of day had we not pressed them up. Sure, someone may have come and put them out after us, but they haven't for the last 20 years. Who's to say it wouldn't have been another 20, by which point we'd all be wearing suspenders and listening to Neil Sedaka on our wireless iPods (no dis)?
    b, 21
    b, 21Again, thanks for the feedback. These releases aren't for everyone, but hopefully those that dig them feel their money has been well spent.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm just curious how you guys decide on the the number of pressings? 350 is higher than it was for the Unique EP if I recall but you probably could have gone up to 500 if you had wanted.

• It really boils down to the time, energy, and resources we have to do it. Part of it is feel as well though. Say we doubled the press on the Godfather Don and cut the price in half. Could we have sold out? Maybe... I don't know. But none of us are financially well off enough to risk finding out.b, 21b, 21We started with 100 on the Phill which took 2 to 4 weeks to sell out, I think? 150 on the Godfather Don sold out in a little shorter time. We went 175 on Unique and that blew up, selling out in four days.b, 21b, 21So taking what we can put into this into account and laying all that over our existing customer base and ability to handle risk, 350 seemed like the right number to go with on the Marley. Marley agreed.b, 21b, 21I will say that after we've sold out on all of our previous projects, we've always wished we had pressed a few more. This may end up being the same. But we've found that just about everyone who has wanted to buy a copy has had the opportunity in the past.

Got mine in the mail yesterday.

"I Declare War" is

I may still smart at that $80 price tag but no regrets.

• Got mine in the mail yesterday. No regrets.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    my god this sounds dope as hell.. I wish I could swing that $80 but my dough aint right

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i pretty much spazed out when i got home and saw this sitting there. i havent been that excited to hear a record in a long time.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I feel like a sad faced clown for not buying this. (you can quote me on that)

Damn.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    They aren't sold out already, are they?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Looks like...

• if anybody bought dooblays and they want to trade for a phill most ep or the tiplove lp let me know. I've got doubles of those and would be willing to trade a spare.

• still waiting on the postman

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I thought there was like 300 pressed in different colors.

• 350 total, i think
    75 red
    75 blue
    75 some other color
    the rest in black

what the F*ck is up with the mailman!!!!

350 total, i think
    75 red
    75 blue
    75 some other color
    the rest in black

what the F*ck is up with the mailman!!!!

Mailman is at home, bumping "Stunt on the Block", thinking

• yeah...i do see him nodding head to his ipod as he circles the block. confrontation in order, slated for manana

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    it's hard to believe that some of this Juice Crew stuff didn't come out back when it was 1st recorded

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'm guessing 'i declare war' ran into problems with that survivor sample.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what would be the reason for shelving this stuff.sample clearence wasn't that tuff back then right?pre-turtles/biz lawsuit schitt was wideopen no?