REGGAE IS WORLDWIDE

thewaxbanditthewaxbandit 112 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
kinda following on from my post the other week....b, 21b, 21a friend of mine just hipped me to this crewb, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1 b, 21b, 21i think they're Czech or somethingb, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• I remember, way back, some dude always trying to talk to me about the apparently huge German reggae scene.

• "How many Polish guys does it take to make a reggae video?"b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21lawd have mercy

• reggae has been world wide for some time now

• I've been traveling around the world since the early 80's and have been to about 45 countries and I have yet to go to a country where I haven't heard Bob Marley at least once. Pretty universal I'd say.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    img src="http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8391/excuseids6.gif"1b, 21b, 21b, 21/font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21JAH have mercy
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I remember, way back, some dude always trying to talk to me about the apparently huge German reggae scene.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21They do. This dude's pretty big thereb, 21b, 21a href="" target="_blank"1 21b, 21he also gets love in JAb, 21b, 21a href="" target="_blank"1

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I remember, way back, some dude always trying to talk to me about the apparently huge German reggae scene.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21They do. This dude's pretty big there
    b, 21
    b, 21
    a href="" target="_blank"1
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21he also gets love in JA
    b, 21
    b, 21
    a href="" target="_blank"1
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21yes, he was even one of the first white nonjamaicans who performed a show on the island. reggae is indeed pretty big over here with lots of soundsystems which have international respect. the soundsystem from my small German hometown once opened up for Bounty killer in Brooklyn. We have some serious heads over here. sometimes some people try to be more jamaican than the jamaicans themselves, then it gets a bit weird, like talking patois to an all German student crowd who dont understand s*it. b, 21b, 21But Gentleman does his thing since 93...he is from cologne, originally named tillmann otto and is really huge over here. Usually in the Eastern countries the reggaeculture is limited to looks and images used due to the language barrier. But I went to a czech reggaefestival once and it was okay, apart from the fake patois and the world music feel...these guys above are worse though sheeesh...

• aser and i saw some batty german ras trents on the set in shanghai china. my mind was blown.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21One word:
    b, 21
    b, 21
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I think the UK is exempt from "Worldwide" status being that it's the 2nd Jamaica.

object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21Me and Empanadamn saw these chics p-popping on handstands way back in the day...

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    reggae seemed pretty big in Brazil the times I went down there - esp in Bahia - one of the nicest times I've ever had on vacation was sitting in a lounge chair on the beach in Salvador draining a few beers while a monster sound system thumped away behind meb, 21b, 21they pronounce 'R' as 'H' down there so it was all 'Hasta' this 'Hasta' thatb, 21b, 21pretty funny

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    .b, 21b, 21just want to say I was here.b, 21b, 21that's all I can manage right now.

object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21Former world cup champs, Mighty Crown outta Japan...b, 21b, 21Seriously! Look at that crowd. Stadium steez...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Former world cup champs, Mighty Crown outta Japan...
    b, 21
    b, 21Seriously! Look at that crowd. Stadium steez...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21That's insane. INSANE.b, 21b, 21(I think they actually won World Clash for the second year running tho) b, 21b, 21b, 21The Japanese are crazy for reggae it would seem. They have everything from cod pop reggae girl groupsb, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21to bizare "reggae dancer" pron. img src="http://images2.tsunami-ent.com/web_img/covers_sm/amateur_-_double_reggae_dance_fuck.jpg"1

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21My man Soul One brought Mighty Crown to town a few years back,b, 21those dudes were sick, heavyweight dub plates all night!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21My man Soul One brought Mighty Crown to town a few years back,
    b, 21those dudes were sick, heavyweight dub plates all night!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Did you watch that interview with Jeremy Harding? He says that dub plates are one of the sure ways a reggae/dancehall artist can make money. So all you have to do is go to JA with a stack of cash and most artists are more than willing to cut you a track. The whole soundclash thing has become its own little separate industry.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21My man Soul One brought Mighty Crown to town a few years back,
    b, 21those dudes were sick, heavyweight dub plates all night!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Did you watch that interview with Jeremy Harding? He says that dub plates are one of the sure ways a reggae/dancehall artist can make money. So all you have to do is go to JA with a stack of cash and most artists are more than willing to cut you a track. The whole soundclash thing has become its own little separate industry.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21It's been like that for years. Not only on JA, but also in NYC or England...b, 21b, 21more German reggae related: check Sentinel Sound performing on Jamaica:b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Sentinel Sound from Germany leave a lasting impression on the audience when they came to kill sounds all the way from Europe to Jamaica Countryside at Elderslie in St. Elizabeth and received major forwards for dubplates by Queen Ifrica, Terry Linen, Busy Signal or Vybz Kartel. Sentinel was the first european sound ever to come to Jamaica for a clash in 2003 when they killed Turbo Force in their own Yard near Kingston. This clash here took place October 18, 2008 and they were up against Killamanjaro, Blackkat, Silverstar and Synemax as the only foreign sound to mash up the venue and win the three first rounds straight. check
    a href="http://www.sentinelsound.de" target="_blank"1www.sentinelsound.de
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1