500 records.what to do?

1manband1manband 34 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Hey'allb, 21i know this is gonna get a lot of comedy(cool with that),but i'm waiting some serious tips too..b, 21So,i produced a 12",no labels only distribution..i sent the master and they sent me back 500 copies..DEAD WRONG.b, 21the records sound shitty for some technical issues i'm not explainig here,so they re-printed it and sent me back again,finally working.b, 21Now i got these unlisteneable 500 copies and god knows i want to get rid of that schit..what the hell can i do with that?b, 21Let the hillary clinton begins..

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    b, 21This seems like a perfect job for cratediggers.com. Contact the guy who runs that site and tell him you have 500 records to recycle.b, 21b, 21I seriously can't think of a better (or another) idea.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21the records sound shitty for some technical issues
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Sell them at waxidermy as "AVANT NOISE PRESSED IN SMALL QUANTITY".b, 21b, 21Shoot the covers with paint ball gun.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21the records sound shitty for some technical issues
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Let the Strut be the judge of that.b, 21b, 21Post a soundclip of the record, or you're soft.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Now i got these unlisteneable 500 copies and god knows i want to get rid of that schit..what the hell can i do with that?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.jeanshin.com/images/installations/Soundwave_2.jpg"1

• Yes donating them to the art world is one of the first things i thought,but honestly i'd prefer to try to get some(little)money for that big amount of plastic..b, 21b, 21@bluesnag:what's the site you mentioned above?a label or what?tnx for the tip anyway..b, 21b, 21@JLR:it's not THAT bad

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    They didn't send test presses for you to give the go ahead?b, 21What did they screw up?

• Send them to Raj to use as packaging material.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Hey'all
    b, 21i know this is gonna get a lot of comedy(cool with that),but i'm waiting some serious tips too..
    b, 21So,i produced a 12",no labels only distribution..i sent the master and they sent me back 500 copies..DEAD WRONG.
    b, 21the records sound shitty for some technical issues i'm not explainig here,so they re-printed it and sent me back again,finally working.
    b, 21Now i got these unlisteneable 500 copies and god knows i want to get rid of that schit..what the hell can i do with that?
    b, 21Let the hillary clinton begins..
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You should immediately feel guilty for not a href="http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1235314&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD" target="_blank"1living green/a1 and bringing excess vinyl into the world.

• sounds to me like you accidentally went indie platinum. I'd call it a success. b, 21b, 21just write "free 192 kbs promo" on the label and people will understand the quality issue.

• Ill take one, otherwise , GREENCR8

• Dump them on the side of the road, or better still a stream or small brook.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21They didn't send test presses for you to give the go ahead?
    b, 21What did they screw up?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21They didn't.their excuse was that it was june and they were in a rush to close up all the works before summer and basically didn't do any test press..b, 21Without going too much technical,they fucked up all the high frequencies so the record was totally dull..

• do you people really think greencr8 will drive out to Rome, Italy.b, 21maybe i shouldn't ask that.

• i was totally unware of greencr8,i'll try to email 'em and try to figure out something..b, 21Thanks everybody.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i was totally unware of greencr8,i'll try to email 'em and try to figure out something..
    b, 21Thanks everybody.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Awesome.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21They didn't.their excuse was that it was june and they were
    i1
    in a rush to close up all the works before summer[/b]/i1 and basically didn't do any test press..b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21man, I really need to move to Europe. "We fucked up because we were in a big hurry to stop doing anything." b, 21b, 21Working at a distributor during the summer sucked because all of our European suppliers would shut the F*ck down. If not that, then the labels weren't releasing anything to give to them to sell us. Tough life they got there.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I'd give them away as a bonus with the better sounding ones. Tell people they get a back up copy they can use to scratch with so they dont ruin the better pressed version.... people love 2 for 1 shit....