does the strut fusk with Grace Jones?

2»

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21so do you all like boy george as well?
    b, 21
    b, 21i think the new grace jones cd sucks monkey butts! it's music for extranvagant night clubs and their drama queens. soulstrut dj music!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Do you party? The ladies don't want to hear crusty psych shit on a friday night.b, 21I like ladies at a party (preferably dancing), not OCD shut-ins who hang around the turntables all night talking about uruguayan garage raers.b, 21b, 21And forget Boy George, it's all about my man Pete Burnsb, 21b, 21img src="http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/tunetable/pete_burns_spinning_you_right_round.jpg"1b, 21Grooooope, join the dark side, embrace your inner hipster b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/646.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21You heard that new Pilooski edit of "My Heart Goes Bang"? HOT!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21so do you all like boy george as well?
    b, 21
    b, 21i think the new grace jones cd sucks monkey butts! it's music for extranvagant night clubs and their drama queens. soulstrut dj music!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Do you party? The ladies don't want to hear crusty psych shit on a friday night.
    b, 21I like ladies at a party (preferably dancing), not OCD shut-ins who hang around the turntables all night talking about uruguayan garage raers.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/581.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21i really don't like that grace jones cd.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21thats from her best of LP right? I saw that shit going for $50AUD (25US) the other week at a spot.
    b, 21Is that a correct value?
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pc.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21A$10-15 record b, 21b, 21It's good to see someone truly worthy of soulstrut love getting some. Definately if you hate grace you hate yourself unfuckwithable as an artistb, 21b, 21b, 21

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'm just kidding, Grope. The new GJ cd is not superduper legendary, but it's got some songs I enjoy.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i ve been playing "La Vie en Rose (Mark E Edit)" a LOT lately.
    b, 21this works so well. Mark is on fire.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Where to cop this? Mark E is usually on point.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21dont know if its officially out. i got it from a secret dude i cant name. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ss.gif" alt="" 21b, 21friends of him though.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21been playing the hell out of my "private life" 12-inch lately.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pasue23is.gif" alt="" 21

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Oh, and the disco/boogie versions of "William's Blood" are hot. Get the 12" if you can find it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1anybody got these? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-mp3jammin.gif" alt="" 21

• Her new album is really good.b, 21b, 21I was surprised to find out, upon reviewing the new ZTT box set, that Slave To The Rhythm[/b] was actually intended as Frankie Goes To Hollywood's second album, to the point where there are demos featuring their vocals. There has been word in the last few years that an FGTH box set will materialize, and it would be interesting to hear those demos. The album works great with Grace Jones, and I can't imagine what it would sound like with Holly Johnson over them.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's really cool, John.b, 21b, 21And yes, I've heard some good things about the new album. By the way the Paul "Groucho" Smykle remix of her shit kills me every time.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Plus she got painted by Keith Haring...about as cool as it getsb, 21b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.haring.com/art_haring/images/bodypainting_maple03.jpg"1

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "La Vie en Rose" (Tom Moulton mix) is the one I can listen to on endless repeat.b, 21b, 21I love Grace Jones!b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21And Grope, I also dig Boy George and Annie Lennox. DEAL.