Kids faces while video gaming...

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
a href="http://video.nytimes.com/video/2008/11/21/magazine/1194833565213/immersion.html" target="_blank"1http://video.nytimes.com/video/2008/11/21/magazine/1194833565213/immersion.htmlb, 21b, 21Sorry if this is a repost...b, 21b, 21The totally detached emo girl and the kid who busts out crying freaked me out.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    wow that was buuuuuuuugged out. thanks for posting it.

• I did not know the times online had videos. this is great.

• How long before someone does a masturbation parody?b, 21b, 21bwb, 21b, 21That long-haired kid with no emotion scares me. He seems like he was training instead of playing a game. [i]Sofocused.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    My sons are killing Super Smash Brothers Melee all day...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Isnt a persons video game playing/ guitar soloing/ record scratching face = their F*ck/cum face?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21That long-haired kid with no emotion scares me. He seems like he was training instead of playing a game. [i]Sofocused.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21wasn't that a girl? the one that had hip hop playing in the game?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Seriously though... Moms and Dads step up here:b, 21b, 21How old would your kids have to be before you let them dwell in front of a TV / with a handheld for hours and hours on end? My son is coming up to 6 years old and he's expecting a Nintendo DS or PSP for Christmas 'cos other kids at school have 'em. I am sure there are kids his age doing GTA / COD. I think I am fairly liberal but I dunno, that don't seem right to me.b, 21b, 21He's getting a 2nd hand bike and Guitar Hero. Don't want him ending up like a href="http://www.ulillillia.us/mainindex.shtml" target="_blank"1http://www.ulillillia.us/mainindex.shtml/a1 - the "Showers are rare", pizza-mopping, video-game-mp3-speeded-up Get On My Level dude. b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/GetOnMyComp_gm.jpg" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/GetOnMyComp_gm.jpg" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/GetOnMyComp_gm.jpg" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/GetOnMyComp_gm.jpg" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/GetOnMyComp_gm.jpg" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/GetOnMyComp_gm.jpg" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/GetOnMyComp_gm.jpg" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/GetOnMyComp_gm.jpg" alt="" 21 b, 21 [shudder]

• damn, man, let your son play video games if he wants. No doubt you got kid eating f*cking veggie burgers and reading him bed time stories that revole around what a moral imperitive recycling is. Let him has at least some joy in his life.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21damn, man, let your son play video games if he wants. No doubt you got kid eating f*cking veggie burgers and reading him bed time stories that revole around what a moral imperitive recycling is. Let him has at least some joy in his life.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Sounds like someone ate too many veggie burgers.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21damn, man, let your son play video games if he wants. No doubt you got kid eating f*cking veggie burgers and reading him bed time stories that revole around what a moral imperitive recycling is. Let him has at least some joy in his life.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hard2.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Isn't this the guy that freaked out in the John Woo thread? I think he has some masculinity issues or something.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    someone needs to buy that hooked nosed dancing kid some new headphones. dude has 2 rolls of duct tape on them shits

• Everything in moderation. I'd just want my kids going outside, having conversations, and reading more than killing things virtually. Maybe I need to stop eating veggie burgers.

• i think you wanting your kid to be active and all healthy is a great thing... but when i was a little kid, i had to go to sleep at 8pm. seems harmless enough, but i couldn't engage in all the school yard conversations about all the tv programs that came on at 8 and after. you know what tv programs came on after 8? THE BEST ONES! im not trying to be preachy, but i just think that if i ever had a kid, i don't think i could deny them something as popular as a videogame (within reason.. if im broke, lil timmy is gonna have to mow some lawns for COD 2021) because that's how kid's socialize and connect. b, 21b, 21b, 21just my deuce. nrr related.