Test your record cover skills

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
a href="http://thequietus.com/articles/00760-it-s-a-question-of-mime-play-the-quietus-album-cover-quiz-game" target="_blank"1http://thequietus.com/articles/00760-it-s-a-question-of-mime-play-the-quietus-album-cover-quiz-gameb, 21b, 21(I got my ass kicked even though I recognized some of these...just couldn't remember the damn titles)

Comments

• that was hard. Even though some look familiar it's different enough that you can't really place it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    They all looked like Bob Geldof solo lps to me.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I hate mimes.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i'm just not very good at remembering album titles. if it were multiple choice, that would be a different story.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i got two of them.b, 21b, 21doors and nirvana, if you have to ask...b, 21b, 21yeah i said it that's all i got

• Great link, thanks for sharing it. I got about 6 or so...I recognized an AC/DC and a Scorpions one but couldn't remember the album titles.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I think these dudes are over thinking the whole sleeveface phenomenon......

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21(I got my ass kicked even though I recognized some of these...just couldn't remember the damn titles)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21EXACTLY.b, 21b, 21Could we use this as an opportunity to bring back that SPEED DIGGING thread that was surprisingly fun?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I got more than half of them - but some I may have never seen. Now I need to know the rest.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I got more than half of them - but some I may have never seen. Now I need to know the rest.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21That's pretty impressive. I don't know anyone who's gotten over 5 yet. I could only manage two: Nirvana and Michael Jackson. I recognized several others but not the actual album title: Roxy Music, Pink Floyd and AC/DC among those.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I got Heroes, Nevermind, Country Life, Saturday Night Fever, Thriller and Is This It. There were a lot more that I recognized but couldn't remember the name of the albums (the Iggy Pop jawn, the Bruce Springsteen jawn among others.) But yeah, 6 was the best I could do.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Thriller
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Crap, was that what it was? I thought it was something by David Bowie until I just looked at the covers. On some of them I knew the artist but not the title (like the Patti Smith one). Moby I got, and with him I know knew of three titles and fortunately got it right the first time. One of them I thought was Diana Ross.b, 21b, 21Anyway, it didn't show my score but I got probably a 1/3 right or so.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I got more than half of them - but some I may have never seen. Now I need to know the rest.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21That's pretty impressive. I don't know anyone who's gotten over 5 yet. I could only manage two: Nirvana and Michael Jackson. I recognized several others but not the actual album title: Roxy Music, Pink Floyd and AC/DC among those.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21A few more that I can remember without transcribing (SPOILERS):b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Sonic Youth's "Goo"; The Saturday Night Fever OST; Bruce Sprinsteen's "Born To Run"; Iggy Pop's "The Idiot"; Elvis Costello's "This Year's Model"; The Best Of The Doors; Dizzee Rascal's "Boy In Da Corner"; U2's "Boy"; The Eurythmics' "Touch"; The Strokes' "Is This It"; King Crimson's "In The Court Of The Crimson King"; Moby's "Play", etc. I got something like 450-460.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I did it again and I got about 550-560. It doesn't help when the guy's not exactly right on, as in the case of David Bowie's "Heroes," even though it was easy enough to get. And - jesus - that hipster's teeth are jacked up.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21That's pretty impressive. I don't know anyone who's gotten over 5 yet. I could only manage two: Nirvana and Michael Jackson. I recognized several others but not the actual album title: Roxy Music, Pink Floyd and AC/DC among those.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I played again just to mark down what I knew and which once I had to cheat with. The ones marked with an asterisk are those I knew the artist but had to do a search for the title.b, 21b, 21Heroes (*)b, 21The Best Of The Doorsb, 21Goob, 21Country Life (*)b, 21This Year's Model (*)b, 21Born To Runb, 21Wish You Were hereb, 21Boyb, 21Easter (*)b, 21Faithb, 21Nevermindb, 21Purple rainb, 21Is This It (*)b, 21Saturday Night Feverb, 21In The Court Of The Crimson Kingb, 21b, 21b, 21I knew the one for b1Wish You Were Here[/b] before it happened, and it was confirmed when the guy on the right waved his hand over his head as if it was flames.b, 21b, 21I got 10 without looking, 5 where I had to. I thought one of them was the Blind Melon album.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i recognized 6 of them. couldnt remember the titles of that roxy music or nirvana album for the life of me!