Covers You Fukin Hate :-)

2»

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    There was some Target or Gap commercial a while back that had some whiny pop-punk rendition of "What A Wonderful World" in it that brought be close to throwing a chair at my TV set. Who gave the green light on that? b, 21b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bucs.gif" alt="" 21

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Archies - Sugar Sugar - what a sap dripping turd of a tune.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21El Chicano does a version of 'Sugar Sugar' that is absolutely killer summer soundtrack material, kinda like War crossed with Jimmy McGriff. But I actually like the tune by the Archies, too.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Ha! That's the very version that inspired this whole thread!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21THAT'S the version you hate? It sounds so little like the OG (I mean, if you hate the tune) and has such a different rhythym and vibe, it seems weird that this is the one that would get anyone's goat. Unless of course you hate latin-tinged organ jazz rave-ups.

• Can't stand Joe Cocker doing "A Little Help from My friends" or any of the other covers he made a career out of performing.

• For the record: the Archies did the original "Sugar, Sugar"...so no sense in mentioning them in a thread like this.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21For the record: the Archies did the original "Sugar, Sugar"...so no sense in mentioning them in a thread like this.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21would you just play nice.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21For the record: the Archies did the original "Sugar, Sugar"...so no sense in mentioning them in a thread like this.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21would you just play nice.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21although, i'll tell ya, man:b, 21b, 21you know how somebody just said that el chicano's version of this song was like a cross between war and jimmy mcgriff?b, 21b, 21well, mcgriff did a version of this song that is totally horrendous...and normally ill ride for him too, but inspiration was on vacation that day! he didn't transform it like wilson pickett did, he basically did it true to the original...and while I like the original, it sounds mighty hokey as an organ instrumental

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21There was some Target or Gap commercial a while back that had some whiny pop-punk rendition of "What A Wonderful World" in it that brought be close to throwing a chair at my TV set. Who gave the green light on that?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bucs.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah that was bad. Most of the covers i hear in tv commercials are usually awful, but i heard a slow and spacey rendition of "Hanging on the Telephone" by The Nerves a few years ago that had to be Chan Marshall singing and I was img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Zig Zag People do a cool version of "Sugar Sugar" on thier Decca LP.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO SAVEDBYZERO

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Watermelon Man.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Elenor Rigby.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Even the Trudy Pitts version?

• lets face it folksb, 21b, 21"eleanor rigby" is just a terrible song and should have stayed in lennon-mccartey's wastebasket. why he write this shit!!b, 21b, 21only two good versions i know ofb, 21b, 21one is by booker t. & the MG's, but y'all know about that oneb, 21b, 21the other is this messed-up funk version by Overton McGriff and the Harlem 110th St. Rhythm Band on Enjoy. I believe it was Dante C. and Mr. Finewine who put me up on this one. b1THIS TUNE IS THE [i]CUT/i1!!! IF IT AIN'T, THEN THIS AIN'T OLE PICKWICK33 TALKIN' TO YA!!![/b]b, 21b, 21For years this mellow groove was so crucial I had to keep it to myself, but I had to share it, so I thought I'd put it on Youtube. This one has a SICK breakbeat at 0:20!!b, 21b, 21this track is, like, the essence. let me know what y'all think.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headz.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/game.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ss.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1