3 1/2 stars is such a cop-out review.

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
a href="http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/24024301/review/24597774/808s__heartbreak" target="_blank"1http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/24024301/review/24597774/808s__heartbreakb, 21b, 21b, 21I guess its silly of me to look to rolling stone to say anything definitive about anything music related in 2008. Still, I was disappointed that they gave kanye another 3 1/2 stars of "I don't really get this, but its probably going to make me seem out of touch if I totally trash on it". b, 21b, 21b, 21I mean, even 3 stars is a definitive mediocre. 4 stars is a firm endorsement. 3 and a half? I just seems like the reviewer couldn't make up his mind. b, 21b, 21b, 21Plus, this is clearly a 2 star album. Who would've thought that love lockdown would be the most completely thought out song on here. Its just a rambling mess. b, 21b, 21I'm not really mad at dude for releasing it though. I mean, it seems very with the times to just dump out whatever you feel like at the moment onto the public. I just feel like kanye was one of the last really album oriented artists out there today. b, 21b, 21Even when I saw it at target today, I wanted to pick it up. The packaging is dope, it looks like something I'd want to own. But the music is so half cooked. b, 21b, 21I'm not one of those people that pines for another college dropout either. I actually think his best album is probably graduation. So I'm already in the minority there. I'm a pretty open minded kanye fan, I'd even be cool with him doing the auto tune thing the whole record, if the songs were good. b, 21b, 21But they aren't. They are incomplete and forgettable as hell. With the exeption of love lockdown, which has grown on me. b, 21b, 21Maybe the rest of the record will to, but i kinda doubt it. Anyone still listening to it? Or is it in the recycle bin already?

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21love lockdown
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21I think somebody said it best that by the time they blast that shit 20 billion times into your ear, you start liking it. I was humming that shit today...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Canadian Reviews are where it's at.b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/nmkdo2.jpg"1

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Canadian Reviews are where it's at.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I had no idea nickleback was so vulgar......The lyrics I mean. I was well aware that the music was vulgar.

• Nickelback is one of the worst bands I've ever heard. I've been saying that for years...that rock star song is horrible, nothing good about them at all

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Rock Star song makes me want to stab others and then myself.