WASHED UP.

13»

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I'd pay some money to see D-Nice deejay, assuming he's using his 'portable dj booth' (ala' I'm Gonna Get You Sucka)b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    I heard Young MC was a jack of all trades and a master of three:b, 21b, 21* Rocking the tablesb, 21* Rocking the micb, 21* Rocking the young lay-deezb, 21b, 21So where is he?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21lil jon started out as a dj dude
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21was gonna say...

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Aside from Jeru, who else would be in this category? Certainly not Biz Markie...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21one of the worst DJs I've ever seen/heard.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21i agree. walked into the room briefly where he was playing and after trainwrecking and ADD-mixing a handful of songs mid-verse, i was much happier back in the other room. he was awful
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21real talkb, 21b, 21he f*cking sucked balls. and dude has personality of a sand bag on stage.b, 21b, 21I was killing 'em in the other room though

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Aside from Jeru, who else would be in this category? Certainly not Biz Markie...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21i agree. walked into the room briefly where he was playing and after trainwrecking and ADD-mixing a handful of songs mid-verse, i was much happier back in the other room. he was awful
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21real talk
    b, 21
    b, 21he f*cking sucked balls. and dude has personality of a sand bag on stage.
    b, 21
    b, 21I was killing 'em in the other room though
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^b, 21Mad cuz he can't cut with his bellyb, 21b, 21b, 21I heard Rampage Da Last Boyscout is DJing now. But that doesn't work in this thread because I don't think anybody ever considered him a rapper.

• Not a rapper, but who's seen questlove DJ?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21real talk
    b, 21
    b, 21he f*cking sucked balls. and dude has personality of a sand bag on stage.
    b, 21
    b, 21I was killing 'em in the other room though
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21i saw him dj a krs/redman show about 10 years ago and he was great as a no mixing dj. he just kept cutting off songs and yelling "'member this??!!??", then slamming into some old school classic.b, 21b, 21then i saw him a few years later at a club and he actually started out the night with an attempt at a battle routine using old breaks....that was not very impressive, but he was trying. overall, he was much worse than the opening dj, but better than most rapper/djs i have seen.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Not a rapper, but who's seen questlove DJ?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21He used to be mad shitty but I saw him in L.A. at some random house party a few years back and he was kiiiiiiilling it with disco raers in teh microwave.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21He spun before a Roots show I saw in like, '94 or '95 and he was pretty cool. Old school set and he was cutting "Good Times" back and forth like Flash and shit. and no big deal. No announcement. Just somebody playing records and you look up and see a silhouette of the afro and the pick. b, 21b, 21I heard him play at this party at WMC in Miami and he was tepid. He was mainly playing a break, and then mixing into the hip-hop song that sampled it. Technically it was ok, but it was a backpackery snoozefest. If Faux was there he would have started fighting people.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I heard him play at this party at WMC in Miami and he was tepid.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Me too! I think it was around 99 or 2000. He played a bunch of random crud like Culture Club and Guns n Roses "Welcome to the Jungle". was not into it

• Wow, wasn't expecting to see so much Biz hatt, I thought he was universally loved on the strut. I saw him play the afterparty at Spike Lee's last premiere -- he seemed pretty lazy in the beginning of the night, but picked it up as the dancefloor filled. Nothing mindblowing (McFadden & Whitehead seemed to be the peak of his set) but he definitely kept the party rocking till the lights came on. I drunkenly yelled from the crowd to "play mardi gras without the bells" and he looked up for a second like img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I heard him play at this party at WMC in Miami and he was tepid. He was mainly playing a break, and then mixing into the hip-hop song that sampled it. Technically it was ok, but it was a backpackery snoozefest. If Faux was there he would have started fighting people.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I saw him play in Orlando back in '02 or so, same deal. Everyone just kinda stood around scratching their chins while he'd play like, Bobby Caldwell and it'd get to the part that was sampled, causing nods and ohh's. Then he just veered far left and dropped Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"... and then played 80's boogie and dance stuff for the rest of the night which was actually really good.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21He spun before a Roots show I saw in like, '94 or '95 and he was pretty cool. Old school set and he was cutting "Good Times" back and forth like Flash and shit. and no big deal.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i'm almost positive this was not him djing in '95. i've heard him a few times over the past several years and thought he was very img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ehhzu7.gif" alt="" 21

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Times are getting tough out there...b, 21b, 21 img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/rjk5k7.jpg"1

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21He used to be mad shitty but I saw him in L.A. at some random house party a few years back and he was kiiiiiiilling it with disco raers in teh microwave.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I believe you were so overcome with emotion that you had to text me a description.

• young mcs is one thing for sure if nothing else.b, 21b, 21the originator of all this foolish "YOUNG"_______ (INSERT BUCK,NEEF,CHRIS,L.A.,ETC..)b, 21b, 21i fell asleep in munich, i guess amir was banging on the door...still didnt wake up...then finally he calls me from the gig ! "get up wtf you doing, you sposed to be spinning NOWWWW "!b, 21b, 21comfy hotels+ jetlag= no showb, 21b, 21b, 21Guys...its getting like chris rock said up in here tho... nobody working a 9-5 really wanna hear bout your career. limos, flights...hotels...late checkouts, soundcheck. oh its soooooo hard.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    The Roots hate DJ's, I think I remember that being in the manifesto...b, 21b, 21That, and having a beatboxer? b, 21b, 21RRRRRRRRRRR!b, 21make me angryb, 21b, 21I still own a few Roots records though...