Heading to Taipei next week

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Hey there, I'm heading to Taipei next monday. Be there for about 2 weeks for work. Anybody interested in hanging out let me know.b, 21b, 21Last time I was there I did a little record digging with mr. sheep. this time i'm insterested in some folk music instruments or traditional taiwan/chinese instruments like flutes or bowed instruements and stuff. anybody know of any stores that sell that kind of stuff? and if so how much are they? i tried to look on google but didn't find much info. it would probably be easier to get traditional chinese instrements that traditional taiwanese instruments I would imagine.b, 21b, 21anyways, i'm staying at the far eastern so at the very least we could get a beer at saints and sinners or something.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Don't forget to revisit that classic thread to get advice on how to bed hot Chinese women every night. You too could be living the dream, then bragging about it on the 'Strut!

• what thread is this?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21what thread is this? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 = b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ss.gif" alt="" /1

• "naw flex, turn them flutes off.. turn that happy flute shit off"

• Quote:h, 21b, 21Don't forget to revisit that classic thread to get advice on how to bed hot Chinese women every night. You too could be living the dream, then bragging about it on the 'Strut! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i think bragging about it is part of the dream...

• gary i'm in taipei, if you want to hang out or dig or something, let me know. the traditional chinese music is pretty common here, i'll show you some spots.b, 21b, 21oh yeah and the girls are beautiful here.

• there was a shop around the corner from me that had traditional instruments but it went out of business and/or moved, i'm not sure since i couldn't read the sign. i'll ask around though i'm sure they would be plentiful here, i see guys in the park playing erhoos (sp) all the time.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    erhu (i looked it up).b, 21b, 21b, 21the pipa looks really cool, and the Dizi seems like you could get one for pretty cheap. Hulusi. I'm looking at this shit on youtube. pretty cool.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Whats up. I'm in Taipei now, jet lagged and whatwho. I have a meeting from 10 to 12 and then that's it for the day. The real work starts tomorrow. what should I do today? The weather looks like it will be nice. I'm at the Grand Hyatt by 101. b, 21b, 21Starbucks is a few blocks away and does open until 0730. can you beleive that shit?