I got the best request while DJing last night!!

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I had a gig last night, great turnout, it was a cool night, I was mainly playing some disco/funk joints mixed with some newer uptempo tracks. Anyway, this woman is sitting near the DJ area and she kind of leans over to me and says "I have a crazy request for you, and I know it might sound strange." I say "Go for it"."Do you have any Leo Sayer?"NO JOKE.I had to hold back the laughter, it was so hard because I was a few Stellas deep.She said he is her favorite artist of all time... I couldn't speak, I just said: I have tons of his records at home, I just didn't bring them tonight, maybe "next time".Anyone else get a request for the Sayer?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I had a gig last night, great turnout, it was a cool night, I was mainly playing some disco/funk joints mixed with some newer uptempo tracks. Anyway, this woman is sitting near the DJ area and she kind of leans over to me and says "I have a crazy request for you, and I know it might sound strange." I say "Go for it".

"Do you have any Leo Sayer?"

NO JOKE.

I had to hold back the laughter, it was so hard because I was a few Stellas deep.

She said he is her favorite artist of all time... I couldn't speak, I just said: I have tons of his records at home, I just didn't bring them tonight, maybe "next time".

Anyone else get a request for the Sayer?

"I run this shit - you better ask somebody!"