CHRISTMAS MUSIC - yay or nay?

2»

Comments

• i listen to music on christmas so: yay

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Soulful Strings Christmas album is good.b, 21b, 21Personally, I'll ride for Johnny Mathis during Christmas time.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21i listen to music on christmas so: yay b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21MillionDollars, ladies and gentlemen.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21The only x-mas concept LP worth owning IMO.b, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21How can you go wrong with songs titles like "Santa Claus Goes Straight to the Ghetto?"b, 21b, 21And let's not forget the man died on x-mas day. RIP JB. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I found my copy at an outdoor flea market in the middle of summer...and I didn't wait till November to play it either!! JB's holiday rekkids are way better than Phil Spector's or Motown's.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21And the Motown holiday sides are even worse. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Never heard the Supremes one but I bet its hotb, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21The Supremes' Xmas album is straight-up corny.b, 21b, 21Exception: "Little Bright Star," which sounds Motownish and Spectoresque all at once. There may be more good songs on there - haven't spun this one in years - but basically every bad cliche of Christmas music is on this album at least once, right down to a noisy children's choir on "Children's Christmas Song."

• Quote:h, 21b, 21Rotary Connections album sucks but Silent Night is fun b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21There's actually three versions of "Silent Night" on that LP; which one?b, 21b, 21The Rotary Connection's holiday album is alright with me. My fave song is "Peace At Least" (a/k/a "Santa Smokes Mistletoe").

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I was in London the week before Christmas in 1999 and went to Bar Rumba that Monday to hear Gilles and them. Somebody, might have been GP, played the really funky cut on that album (I forget the name, "Soulful Christmas"?) and just slayed the joint. Or should I say, "sleighed" the joint, waka waka. b, 21b, 21b, 21A couple years later, sort of as a joke, my girlfriend (who I went on to marry) bought this CD and gave it to my family. We put it on and after that, to my surprise, it was officially added to the Christmas CD list, which historically been an exclusive group of titles from Bing Crosby, Johnny Mathis, Perry Cuomo et. al.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21I found my copy at an outdoor flea market in the middle of summer...and I didn't wait till November to play it either!! JB's holiday rekkids are way better than Phil Spector's or Motown's. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21That copy I got from Steve for a few bucks is VG+, despite the inches-long seam splits. SO glad I happened to actually check his LPs that day.b, 21b, 21Anyone check out the Marva Whitney pic on the back of the jacket? What a compromising position! She couldn't have been happy about that.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21I found my copy at an outdoor flea market in the middle of summer...and I didn't wait till November to play it either!! JB's holiday rekkids are way better than Phil Spector's or Motown's. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21That copy I got from Steve for a few bucks is VG+, despite the inches-long seam splits. SO glad I happened to actually check his LPs that day.b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21VG+, seam splits, styrene - damn, brother, you startin' to sound like a Goldmine ad! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /1

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21.b, 21b, 21But the Spector X-mas LP is still the GOAT in my book for christmas musicb, 21b, 21h, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" /1

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    param name="movie" value=""1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1