SICK

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Im sick.b, 21b, 21im home from work with the flu. fever, coughing up what can only be described as the unholy and generally feeling like shit.b, 21b, 21and im bored.b, 21b, 21post some links, tell a story, make me laugh.b, 21b, 21please.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Which technically impossible power would you most like to have?b, 21b, 21For me, it would be the ability to stop the world (for everything and everyone except myself) with a click of the fingers, a la Nicholson Baker.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    dude, seriously.b, 21b, 21stopping time is the shit.b, 21b, 21all other powers are stopping time's bitch.

bastards.

• My wife was sick last week. She kept calling me at working asking what to do with herself. She said she felt useless. I told her she was sick which made her effectively useless until she got better and she should just go back to bed. She stopped calling and watched a movie.b, 21b, 21There is a lesson in there for you somewhere.b, 21b, 21That or check out http://gamesbyemail.com/b, 21b, 21I am hooked on the WWII game.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I dedicate this song to you then. well...the chorus at least.b, 21b, 21

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I can't remember the last time I called out of work sick... I went to work with walking pneumonia two years ago

• Here is your daily does of WTF?b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21Don't ask me why this is popular on the YouTube other than its train wreck appeal... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I can't remember the last time I called out of work sick... I went to work with walking pneumonia two years ago b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-gangsta.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I get my flu shot today...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    NZ, don't you have kids? if they aren't there right now I would be trying to sleep my ass off and get better. b, 21b, 21If you're equipped to handle them in your state, however, more power to you.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I was sick as shit last week. Coughing up all kinds of shit, throat was jacked, headache chills, but now Im back to normal. f*cking terrible though. Im just happy it was when it was a little warmer out instead of this freezing weather we got now in nyc.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I can't remember the last time I called out of work sick... I went to work with walking pneumonia two years ago b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21This is how disease spreads.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I can't remember the last time I called out of work sick... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I never miss work when Im sick...I take the sick days when Im feeling good so i can enjoy the day off. I figured if Im gonna be feeling like crap all day i might as well be at my desk getting paid for it!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I can't remember the last time I called out of work sick... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I never miss work when Im sick...I take the sick days when Im feeling good so i can enjoy the day off. I figured if Im gonna be feeling like crap all day i might as well be at my desk getting paid for it! b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21You sound unAustralian!b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I can't remember the last time I called out of work sick... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I never miss work when Im sick...I take the sick days when Im feeling good so i can enjoy the day off. I figured if Im gonna be feeling like crap all day i might as well be at my desk getting paid for it! b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21You sound unAustralian!b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21According to Rupert Murdoch Im just another aussie bludger!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21all other powers are stopping time's bitch. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21"Pageant Verses"b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Mr. Thomas More in his youth devised in his father's house in London, a goodly hanging of fine painted cloth with nine pageants, and verses over every of those pageants, which verses expressed and declared what the images in those pageants represented. And also in those pageants were painted the things that the verses over them did in effect declare. Which verses here follow.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the first pageant was painted a boy playing at the top and scourge, and over this pageant was written as followeth.b, 21b, 21 b, 21CHILDHOOD.b, 21b, 21I am called Childhood, in play is all my mind,b, 21To cast a quoit, a cokstele and a ball,b, 21A top can I set and drive it in his kind;b, 21But would to God these hateful bookes allb, 21Were in a fire burnt to powder small;b, 21Then might I lead my life always in play,b, 21Which life God send me to mine ending day!b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the second pageant was painted a goodly fresh young man, riding upon a goodly horse, having a hawk on his fist and a brace of greyhounds following him. And under the horse's feet was painted the same boy that in the first pageant was playing at the top and scourge. And over this second pageant the writing was this.b, 21b, 21 b, 21MANHOOD.b, 21b, 21Manhood I am, therefore I me delightb, 21To hunt and hawk, to nourish-up and feed,b, 21The greyhound to the course, the hawk to the flight,b, 21And to bestride a good and lusty steed???b, 21These things become a very man indeed.b, 21Yet thinketh this boy his peevish game sweeter,b, 21But what, no force, his reason is no better.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the third pageant was painted the goodly young man (in the second pageant) lying on the ground. And upon him stood Lady Venus, goddess of love, and by her upon this man stood the little God Cupid. And over this third pageant this was the writing that followeth.b, 21b, 21 b, 21VENUS AND CUPID.b, 21b, 21Whoso na knoweth the strength, power, and might,b, 21Of Venus and me her little son Cupid;b, 21Thou Manhood shalt a mirrour been aright,b, 21By us subdued for all thy great pride,b, 21My fiery dart pierceth thy tender side.b, 21Now thou who erst dispisedst children smallb, 21Shall wax a child again and be my thrall.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the fourth pageant was painted an old sage father, sitting in a chair. And lying under his feet was painted the image of Venus & Cupid that were in the third pageant. And over this fourth pageant the scripture was this.b, 21b, 21 b, 21AGE.b, 21b, 21Old age am I, with lockes thin and hoar,b, 21Of our short life the last and best part,b, 21Wise and discreet; the public weal thereforeb, 21I help to rule, to my labour and smart.b, 21Therefore Cupid withdraw thy fiery dart.b, 21Chargeable matters shall of love oppressb, 21Thy childish game and idle business.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the fifth pageant was painted an image of Death, and under his feet lay the old man in the fourth pageant. And, above this fifth pageant, this was the saying.b, 21b, 21 b, 21DEATH.b, 21b, 21Though I be foul, ugly, lean, and mishape,b, 21Yet there is none in all this world wide,b, 21That may my power withstand or escape;b, 21Therefore sage father, greatly magnified,b, 21Descend from your chair, set apart your pride,b, 21Vouchsafe to lend, tho' it be to your pain,b, 21To me, a fool, some of your wise brain.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the sixth pageant was painted Lady Fame, and under her feet was the picture of Death that was in the fifth pageant. And over this sixth pageant the writing was as followeth.b, 21b, 21 b, 21FAME.b, 21b, 21Fame I am called, marvel you nothing,b, 21Though with tongues am compassed all round,b, 21For in voice of people is my chief living,b, 21O cruel Death, thy power I confound.b, 21When thou a noble man hast brought to ground,b, 21Maugre thy teeth, to live cause him shall Ib, 21Of people in perpetual memory.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the seventh pageant was painted the image of Time, and under his feet was lying the picture of Fame that was in the sixth pageant. And this was the scripture over this seventh pageant.b, 21b, 21 b, 21TIME.b, 21b, 21I whom thou sees with horologe in hand,b, 21Am named Time, the lord of every hour,b, 21I shall in space destroy both sea and land.b, 21O simple Fame, how darest thou man honour,b, 21Promising of his name an endless flower;b, 21Who may in the world have a name eternalb, 21When I shall in process destroy the world and all.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the eighth pageant was pictured the image of Lady Eternity, sitting in a chair, under a sumptuous cloth of state, crowned with an imperial crown. And under her feet lay the picture of Time, that was in the seventh pageant, and above this eighth pageant was it written as followeth.b, 21b, 21 b, 21ETERNITY.b, 21b, 21He needeth not to boast, I am Eternity,b, 21The very name signifieth well,b, 21And mine empire infinite shall be.b, 21Thou, mortal Time, every man can tell,b, 21Art nothing else but the mobilityb, 21Of sun and moon, changing in every degree;b, 21When they shall leave their course, thou shalt be brought,b, 21For all thy pride and boasting, into nought.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21In the ninth pageant was painted a poet sitting in a chair; and over this pageant were there written, these verses in Latin following.b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21THE POET.b, 21b, 21Has fictas quemcunque juvat spectare figuras;b, 21Sed mira veros qui putat arte homines,b, 21Ille potest veris animum sic pascere rebus,b, 21Ut pictis oculos pascit imaginibus.b, 21Namque videbit uti fragilis bona lubrica mundi,b, 21Tam cito non veniunt, quam cito pretereunt.b, 21Gaudia, laus et honor, celeri pede omma cedunt,b, 21Quid manet excepto semper amore Dei?b, 21Ergo homines, levibus jam jam diffidite rebus,b, 21Nulla recessuro spes adhibenda bono.b, 21Qui dabit ??ternam nobis pro munere vitamb, 21In permansuro ponite vota Deo.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21/object1b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Dress up like this guy, and shake your money-maker to this:b, 21b, 21Brian Hyland - gypsy woman (edit) b, 21Wax Stag - fantasy gay b, 21Rubies ft. Feist - i feel electric (Tiedye remix) b, 21Gatto Fritto - bursting the bubble b, 21Kathy Diamond - all woman b, 21Moby - i love to move in here (Holy Ghost remix) b, 21Time Bandits - only shooting love b, 21John Daly - move b, 21Shalamar - right in the socket b, 21Force Of Nature - i-ight b, 21Metronomy - heartbreaker (Discodeine remix) b, 21Lullabies In The Dark - song for marie and elsie (aeroplane remix) b, 21Holy Ghost - hold on b, 21Hercules and Love Affair - raise me up b, 21Bell X1 - flame (Chicken Lips remix) b, 21Giorgio Moroder - i wanna rock you b, 21Aeroplane - aeroplane b, 21Fleetwood Mac - never forget b, 21Lifelike - so electric b, 21Alloy Mental - secondsb, 21b, 21for DL at www.ebss.co.uk/a1b, 21b, 21b, 21Works for me everytime.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm sick as hell...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I'm sick as hell... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21if you are healthy enough to post on SS you are healthy enough to go to school!!!!b, 21b, 21i had a pretty severe cold last week. i think it might of been the start of a flu and i kicked it. i felt like ass!!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I'm sick as hell... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21me too, and it's either a relapse or my second illness this month. haven't had a bad run of health luck like this in many years. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Oil of oreganob, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/game.gif" alt="" /1

day four with no voice.b, 21b, 21went to work and coughed and hacked all over my coworkers.b, 21b, 21this shit sucks.