california on fire... again.....

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
hope everybody cool.b, 21b, 21b, 21good lord we catch on fire alot.

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    Everything's good. Second f*cking fire in Sylmar and other Foothill cities within the last month! Luckily (for me), this time I wasn't evacuated. Unfortunately, I witnessed a neighborhood down the hill near the college I attend burn within the course of 10 minutes. We're a tight knit community up here, so I hope that we could get those poor people back on their feet via a fund drive or something.

• I'm in Westwood right now and I smell smoke strongly, my lungs are buring and my skin itches. Holy crap. Big Fire.

• I hate that smell of burning plastic. b, 21b, 21That's how you know homes are burning. b, 21b, 21It's really strong right now. b, 21b, 21Very sad.

• long beach is coated in a thin layer of ash. cant be outside for more than 30 seconds without looking like you have a severe dandruff problem.b, 21peace, stein. . . img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    600 homes. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21

• It's frustrating...moms lives in Yorba Linda in a currently voluntary evacuation zone and is staying put. My friend's parents house live next door to a house that just burned down, and their out watering their house. What is up?!? b, 21b, 21Hopefully the fires will get contained-all this hopscotching is driving me crazy, especially since my mom thinks that if shit gets crazy the police or neighbors will knock on her door and tell her to leave- I've been trying to convince her that really folks will be scrambling and not having her on their #1 list... also, how could anyone go to sleep with the possibility of their street in flames??b, 21b, 21I've been checking this throughout the evening and it's not good for my health- I've seen the acreage burned go from 1000-7000+ acres in a few hours and the volunteer to mandatory evacuation area grow. b, 21b, 21b, 21I think I need to call my mom again.

• The view down the street yesterday. b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Ash is also falling like snow!

• Yea its snowing here in culver city as well... why is the ash worse in culver city than it was in westwood.b, 21b, 21This shit is killing my eyes and lungs.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    And its hot too. The fires aren't affecting us in SD, but its just hot. Hot and dry. ITs f*cking november for cristsakes and I took 2 showers today.

• Hazy in LAb, 21b, 21Golden hue lighting from smokeb, 21b, 21Like sunset all day

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah I know how it is.b, 21b, 21It sucks.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Hazy in LAb, 21b, 21Golden hue lighting from smokeb, 21b, 21Like sunset all day b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Fixxed

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    fires...when will they end. i lost 1/2 of my house to the porter ranch fire...my condolences go out to anyone else on here who had their home lost or damaged. it's a headache..i know. stay strong.

• hazy in SF but too far away to be related I imagine.

• very close to my mom's (this is my sister's friend's house)b, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21

• per0per0 153 Posts
    Seeing as it seems to be an annual event over there, has anyone thought of backburning?

• per0per0 153 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21very close to my mom's (this is my sister's friend's house)b, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21F*ck.