Seeing Wu-Tang

GnarliamentGnarliament 375 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Is it worth $35 dollars?

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Is it worth $35 dollars? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Your avatar is answering for you.

• my boy went to the last show they did in chi. got kicked out for trying to bring in a blunt. he was like dude...its a wu tang show?!?

• don't do it.

• stay home and play a bunch of your favorite songs, but only one verse. abruptly transition from song to song with a shattering glass noise.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21stay home and play a bunch of your favorite songs, but only one verse. abruptly transition from song to song with a shattering glass noise. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21but make sure to invite thousands of annoying people over first.

• i saw them at rock the bells a couple years ago, it was great.b, 21i say yes

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21stay home and play a bunch of your favorite songs, but only one verse. abruptly transition from song to song with a shattering glass noise. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21but make sure to invite thousands of annoying people over first. b, 21b, 21h, 21

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21stay home and play a bunch of your favorite songs, but only one verse. abruptly transition from song to song with a shattering glass noise. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21but make sure to invite thousands of annoying people over first. b, 21b, 21h, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21And get a bunch of them to stomp around waving towels and shouting Wu! Tang! Wu! Tang! Wu! Tang!b, 21b, 21Also, replace the talented members with Killarmy, Shorty Shit Stain, and La the Darkman. Seriously--it's not like they have anything else going on.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Only go if you're interested in seeing 3 official Wu members and like 10 Royal Fam guys no one really cares about. And if you don't mind a crowd of lame ass f*cks who act like Wu Tang male groupies.b, 21b, 21One of the worst shows I've ever seen was Raekwon. He couldn't remember half the lyrics and got boo-ed for asking if anybody liked R&B years after he and fellow Wu members dissed it. I guess he got a taste of his own die hard fans.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hi.gif" alt="" 21

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 lame ass f*cks who act like Wu Tang male groupies.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21thats me!b, 21b, 21(and i'm still too smart to go see wu-tang live)

• you all sound old

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21you all sound old b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21^^^^ WAS NOT OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE FIRST WU ALBUM NOR THE SUBSEQUENT SOLO JOINTS; "SORTA REMEMBERS" HEARING SUPREME CLIENTELE AT HIS OLDER BROTHER'S FRIENDS HOUSE UPON ITS RELEASE; NONETHELESS SCHOOLS US ALL ON WU KNOWLEDGE ^^^^^

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Also, replace the talented members with Killarmy,b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I'd love to see Killarmy. The 9th grader in me would go nuts

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21you all sound old b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21^^^^ WAS NOT OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE FIRST WU ALBUM NOR THE SUBSEQUENT SOLO JOINTS; "SORTA REMEMBERS" HEARING SUPREME CLIENTELE AT HIS OLDER BROTHER'S FRIENDS HOUSE UPON ITS RELEASE; NONETHELESS SCHOOLS US ALL ON WU KNOWLEDGE ^^^^^ b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21img src="http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3277/weetangclanjl0.gif"1

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Depends which official Wu members are supposed to show up, which they might not do. Also, you wont get the full songs, just medley and probably lots of their solo shit on there.b, 21b, 21I saw Rza solo a few years back, and its was a half decent show, had a few weak ass tag alongs, but Im a fan of Rza so I enjoyed it and knew what to expect... plus we swiped his Hennesy bottle so I figured we got our moneys worth.b, 21b, 21Id rather see a GFK solo show though.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    If you have scene them before then nah. They usally do similar sets at shows. However if you've never caught the Wu live before I'd say it's worth the $35. Your basically paying for nostalgia at this point. It's fun to get drunk and chant wu tang, then sing along to all the classic joints made in a time when the Wu could do no wrong.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    who are you people?

• Probably not, but...it depends.b, 21b, 21I got free tix to Rock the Bells tour from work. Even though free, I was still debating if it was worth the drive on a work nite though.b, 21b, 21I did end up going, and I enjoyed myself. Also I'm a girl, and Meth crowd surfed right in my direction, and I got to grab his wrist to help support him as he surfed by, and I still haven't washed my right hand...sigh.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21who are you people? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Thursdays thread.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Only go if you're interested in seeing 3 official Wu members and like 10 Royal Fam guys no one really cares about. And if you don't mind a crowd of lame ass f*cks who act like Wu Tang male groupies.b, 21b, 21One of the worst shows I've ever seen was Raekwon. He couldn't remember half the lyrics and got boo-ed for asking if anybody liked R&B years after he and fellow Wu members dissed it. I guess he got a taste of his own die hard fans.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hi.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21RE: Raekwon's horrible act.b, 21b, 21I went to a DMC battle here in DC a couple years ago and the performers during the battle were: Raekwon, GhostFace, Slick Rick and one of Rae's proteges called Ice Water and like 20 other people who I have no clue who they were. Raekwon's performance and the performance of Ice Water and posse was one of the worst performances I have ever seen. Ghost killed it, Slick Rick really killed it and Rae, Ice Water and crew were just really bad.b, 21b, 21I think this was around the time the Pretty Tony album came out. Ice Water kept shouting "ICE WATER!" every 15 seconds. I just hope I caught Raekwon on a bad night.b, 21b, 21If you have never seen them before 35 bucks isn't too bad I guess. You can scratch it off a list of groups you never seen. Plus you might have fun you never know. I would probably go and make it the first and last time (your scenario) I go to see a Wu Tang show. Plus it doesn't really seem like "Wu-Tang" without ODB.

• I saw ghostface killah and raekwon at pitchfork....b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/NO.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 The 9th grader in me would go nuts b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" 21

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Watching them at Coachella, they can still hype the crowd.

• usernameusername 71 Posts
    Gnarliament said:
    Is it worth $35 dollars?

No. But for those who did pay it was part of reparations.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    DOR said:
    Watching them at Coachella, they can still hype the crowd.

many in that crowd drove hundreds of miles to stand in shit and listen to benny benassi and two chainz.

getting that crowd hype shouldn't be hard.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21stay home and play a bunch of your favorite songs, but only one verse. abruptly transition from song to song with a shattering glass noise. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21but make sure to invite thousands of annoying people over first.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Is it really worth it to see them after the passing of ODB? I haven't seen them live but they look like they are phoning it in when I see clips on Youtube. It would be awesome if they just did a show performing the 36 chambers record in it's entirely

• GRANDMASTER B WITH THE GUEST APPEARANCE.
    Attached files

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Raekwon is at the sneakerhead store for FOURTWENTY in Seattlle, Cappadonna is at the weed festival in San Francisco. #weed