WTF is wrong with Kanye. Really. Autotune-R

1235»

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21 1). I've been bumping rap these past few months more than I have in a long time. So many good records are dropping from all over the spectrum.b, 21b, 212).What's wrong with Doc McCoy not liking rap anymore? Jesus, you make it sound like it's an abomination on humanity. Let the dude live. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21It's not that I don't like rap anymore - I do. I've never not liked it, but it's just that this year's seemed kinda dry for me in terms of must-have records, and when I haven't heard anything I've really liked for a long while, I start thinking, "Is it me? Am I getting too old for this shit?" Matters haven't been helped by a few of my favourite spots closing down. There aren't actually too many places in London that sell hip-hop anyway, and those that do tend to stick to either the major label stuff or the Stones Throw end of the indie spectrum. Those of us who like the shit in between as well get a raw deal.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Crazy, indulgent album. I think its genius.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21 1). I've been bumping rap these past few months more than I have in a long time. So many good records are dropping from all over the spectrum.b, 21b, 212).What's wrong with Doc McCoy not liking rap anymore? Jesus, you make it sound like it's an abomination on humanity. Let the dude live. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21It's not that I don't like rap anymore - I do. I've never not liked it, but it's just that this year's seemed kinda dry for me in terms of must-have records, and when I haven't heard anything I've really liked for a long while, I start thinking, "Is it me? Am I getting too old for this shit?" Matters haven't been helped by a few of my favourite spots closing down. There aren't actually too many places in London that sell hip-hop anyway, and those that do tend to stick to either the major label stuff or the Stones Throw end of the indie spectrum. Those of us who like the shit in between as well get a raw deal. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21WHATEVER! GO DOWN THE ROAD YOU FAIR-WEATHER FAN AND TAKE YOUR COFFEE PRESS WITH YOU!

• I'll buy this album. I think I'll listen to it a lot too.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Only heard it all the way through once so far and Love Lockdown was still the only one that really stuck in my head. This era of disposable music makes it harder and harder for me to bother going back and reappraising albums that don't grab me from the first couple of listens but I'm going to give this a go over the next week.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this is not a rap album

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Only heard it all the way through once so far and Love Lockdown was still the only one that really stuck in my head.b, 21b, 21h, 21

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Not sure what to tell ya... I'm feeling this album. Still don't like Love Lockdown though. Seems like alot of the vocal effects/autotune were appropriate and not done out of "hotness". b, 21b, 21Standouts to me:b, 21Say you willb, 21Welcome to the Heartbreak b, 21Paranoidb, 21See you in my nightmaresb, 21Heartless (the more I hear it the more I like it)b, 21...most of Robocopb, 21b, 21I think when autotune dies, these songs would still have merit performed without the effect (granted that dude does some vocal coaching)...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "Robocop" is so bad it's almost good. ALMOST.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Took another listen myself last night and was actually mistaken. "Love Lockdown" is good; "Paranoid" is awesome, I love that song. The stuff is catchy as hell.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    img src="http://www.rappersiknow.com/images/rogerteddy_doa.png"1 b, 21b, 21Good initiative... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/595.gif" alt="" /1

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21"Robocop" is so bad it's almost good. ALMOST. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21It's like a big grimy electronic distorted coldplay song. It's becky fodder for sure, but damn... I had to listen to it like three times before I could even decipher what was good/bad about it. This shit is coming at an angle that I'm not musically used to. -- not sure if that even makes sense.