Master Jay Michael Dee 12" on TSOB

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
What's the word? Need a copy, OG, with INSTRUMENTAL. Will pay $$$$$. Holler.

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    It's a good record, eh? I'd sell you mine, but I'm fond of it. I don't think it ever sells for much on ebay, though.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    this is like a 30 joint that sounds like a million$$$$$.

fucking instrumental is ballistic. sorry no spare.

danno- i played the whole fucking instrumental at the goods. went over swell.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word up.

Let me know if any floats anyone's way.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    i played the whole fucking instrumental at the goods. went over swell.

though obviously a new york record the instrumental version was a hit in the 80s house scene in chicago and is still considered a classic.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Word up.

Let me know if any floats anyone's way.

Shit... I had one of these for sale a few months back and I just saw one sell here, but it went for like $50-60 bucks.

Dope record.. Love the instrumental.

PM me if ur willing to spend around that. I might be able to get you one from the same dude. If my friend is willing to part with his, I might be able to get you it on the cheap...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Cosmo,

Did you ever get this? Hope you copped it!

Just to let you know...

I believe that it also goes under the title "Ready To Rock" if you see it around.

I know you'll find a copy on the cheap tho and if I see one, I'll let ya know.

Billy

This is the one I see once in a blue moon.

Just saw this one at my friends shop.

Never seen this one. Boot maybe?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, what were the prices again? I really need to cop that.

• What's the deal with that label?

I have a couple of 12"s a really like on it... the sound of brooklyn, can anyone suggest others/point me towards a discography.

thanks

• Cosmo,

Did you ever get this? Hope you copped it!

Just to let you know...

I believe that it also goes under the title "Ready To Rock" if you see it around.

I know you'll find a copy on the cheap tho and if I see one, I'll let ya know.

Billy

This is the one I see once in a blue moon.

Just saw this one at my friends shop.

Never seen this one. Boot maybe?

*ahum* (the plot thickens)

• I think the TSOB with the weird logo and pale blue was the first pressing and the plain TSOB with just the text is a later pressing, or a bootleg. I have other TSOB twelves with the former logo, but I've never seen any besides this Jay/Dee bearing the latter. I also have a copy of "T.S.O.B." with the TSOB with the weird logo (that sounds confusing), but with a faded teal-to-yellow rather than pale blue label. Has anyone ever seen anything else on the Jocka label?

Cosmo - Are you still looking for one?

• i always thought this is the first issue as it's clearly the first release on the label (ts-1000) and i figured they just didn't have the logo designed yet.

this would be the second issue

all later releases on the label have this color pattern

and even later they changed the logo

btw, there's a brand new re-edit 12" from chicago out right now with an edit of the tsob instrumental and the dells' "no way back" on the flip. should be widely available on the net and specialized shops. it looks like this:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I think the TSOB with the weird logo and pale blue was the first pressing and the plain TSOB with just the text is a later pressing, or a bootleg. I have other TSOB twelves with the former logo, but I've never seen any besides this Jay/Dee bearing the latter. I also have a copy of "T.S.O.B." with the TSOB with the weird logo (that sounds confusing), but with a faded teal-to-yellow rather than pale blue label. Has anyone ever seen anything else on the Jocka label?

Cosmo - Are you still looking for one?

Yeah, I prefer an OG with instrumental...

... but at this point I'll take an MP3

• Yeah, I prefer an OG with instrumental...

... but at this point I'll take an MP3

like king to the third, I don't wear underwear...

when i punched him in the brain, he did the freak...

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=206LA6A126HH00BNX53CVNANKG

dude, holler at your boy.