impeaching bush

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Well I wish...but if you want to sign the petition, this is the last political thread i will do for the year, I promise:b, 21b, 21"Impeach Bush Before He Pardons Himselfb, 21b, 21According to Seymour Hersh there is a conga line of insiders waitingb, 21until January 20th to spill the beans on the gross criminality of theb, 21Bush/Cheney administration. Waiting . . . because if they did it nowb, 21the two of them would be tarred and feathered on the way out theb, 21door.b, 21b, 21But we the people do not have to wait. We can and must demand theb, 21immediate impeachment of both Bush and Cheney for what is alreadyb, 21known. At the very least the defiance of congressional subpoenas atb, 21the behest of the White House is an open and shut case forb, 21accountability now.b, 21b, 21Impeach Now Action Page: http://www.usalone.com/impeach_now.phpb, 21b, 21Because as his final constitutional insult, his final spit in theb, 21face to the American people and all rule of law, it is transparentlyb, 21obvious that Bush is planning the most wholesale and wrongful pardonb, 21of the worst political criminals in American history, his wholeb, 21criminal gang, INCLUDING himself.b, 21b, 21And don't think that is not their precise plan. Please, what powerb, 21has Bush NOT abused? What heinous, self-serving, shameless andb, 21dishonest act has he ever shied away from, when he was torturing andb, 21eavesdropping and lying us into wars of corporate aggression. Doesb, 21anyone doubt that is what he is planning on doing?b, 21b, 21And when you submit this action page, you will have one last chanceb, 21to get one of the "Impeach Both!!!" caps, which after January 20thb, 21will no longer be available from us for love or for money.b, 21b, 21Impeach Now Action Page: http://www.usalone.com/impeach_now.phpb, 21b, 21Will Congress now act? That is not the yardstick of the worth of ourb, 21activism. We speak out because we must speak out, whether we areb, 21heeded or not. Let history record that we spoke out until the lastb, 21minute to the eternal shame of those who did not. Because when enoughb, 21of us speak out at once, the worst thing that can possibly happen isb, 21that we are building the progressive base for the REAL change of theb, 21future.b, 21b, 21So Bush most certainly is planning on pardoning himself. And all theb, 21right wing lock down ideologues in the corporate controlled mediab, 21will call it "healing". Let's all make nice with war criminals? Shallb, 21we all make nice with the gang rape of our economy, our environmentb, 21and our Constitution? We think not.b, 21b, 21And one more thing. You know that come January 20th the right wingb, 21will start calling for the impeachment of our new president, over ab, 21endless litany of the most ridiculous of trivial trifles. In fact itb, 21has already started even though he has not even taken office. If theyb, 21are so hot on impeaching someone, let them speak out now, when itb, 21truly is called for, or shut the hell up in 73 days.b, 21b, 21Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposedb, 21to be ours, and forward this alert as widely as possible.b, 21b, 21If you would like to get alerts like these, you can do so atb, 21http://www.usalone.com/in.htmb, 21b, 21Or if you want to cease receiving our messages, just use the functionb, 21at http://www.usalone.com/out.htm"

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    This really isn't going to happen, but worth following through if only to leave a nasty taste in GW's mouth should the petition garner enough names and some kind of media exposure.b, 21b, 21Maybe the new film will push this along?b, 21b, 21b, 21I could drop a sh*t sandwiche on demand if I knew he'd be eating it.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Impeachment would be great but most likely W will just have to witness to the worldwide street party on Jan 20th. I'll be toasting him. Cunt.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snapgraem26wuch9.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21On 5 September 2007, the National Security Archive (NSA) and Citizens for Responsibility andb, 21Ethics in Washington (CREW) sued the White House and the National Archives and Recordsb, 21Administration (NARA) seeking the recovery and preservation of more than 5 million White Houseb, 21e-mail messages that were apparently deleted from White House computers between March 2003 (theb, 21invasion of Iraq) and October 2005 (the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina). White House officialsb, 21acknowledged that e-mail was missing from the White House archive, and that the Executive Officeb, 21of the President (EOP) in 2002 abandoned the electronic records management system put in placeb, 21under his predecessor Bill Clinton. In November 2007 and January 2008, a federal judge ordered theb, 21EOP to preserve all e-mail backup media under its custody or control and to answer questions aboutb, 21the location of the missing e-mails. From 2004, NARA had reportedly warned the White Houseb, 21repeatedly about the risk of lost e-mails. In October 2005, the EOP first discovered that potentiallyb, 21millions of e-mail messages were missing. The loss of White House e-mail first surfaced on 23b, 21January 2006 in conjunction with the investigation into the leak of Valerie Plame???s identity by viceb, 21presidential aide Scooter Libby when prosecutors were unable to provide copies of e-mail records.b, 21After several contradictory statements, the White House admitted on 6 May 2008 that it had no emailb, 21back-up tapes with data written between March and May 2003 (the invasion of Iraq). An earlierb, 21lawsuit had produced landmark rulings in the early 1990s that e-mail had to be treated as governmentb, 21records. Those rulings led to the preservation of more than 30 million White House e-mail messagesb, 21from the 1980s and 1990s.b, 21[Sources: National Security Archive, Updates (Washington) 5 September & 29 October & 13b, 21November & 14 December 2007 & 8 January & 16 January & 26 February & 18 March & 17 April &b, 2124 April & 6 May & 29 July 2008.]

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    On 28 November 2001, the American Historical Association, the Organization of Americanb, 21Historians, the National Security Archive, historian Stanley Kutler, professor emeritus of historyb, 21and law, University of Wisconsin, and other public interest groups filed a suit in a District Court inb, 21Washington, D.C., to stop implementation of President George W. Bush???s 1 November 2001b, 21Executive Order (EO) no. 13233 which gave former Presidents and their heirs or designees (as wellb, 21as former Vice Presidents) broad authority to withhold or delay release of White House records, andb, 21was thought to violate the 1978 Presidential Records Act. The suit requested to prevent the Archivistb, 21of the United States from implementing the EO and to compel the release of 68,000 pages of recordsb, 21from former President Ronald Reagan???s files withheld since January 2001 despite the requirements ofb, 21the Act. On 1 October 2007, a federal district court judge ruled that the EO was, in part, invalid. Theb, 21judge struck down the EO section that allowed former presidents to delay the release of recordsb, 21indefinitely. The court did not address the issue, however, of whether it was permissible for Bush tob, 21extend the authority over disclosure of presidential papers to a former president???s heirs or to formerb, 21vice presidents. On 31 December 2007, amendments to the 1976 Freedom of Information Act wereb, 21signed into law. In 2008, the House of Representatives passed legislation to revoke EO no. 13233 andb, 21the Senate held hearings on overturning it.b, 21[Sources: National Coalition for History, ???Federal Judge Invalidates Order Allowing Formerb, 21Presidents to Withhold Records??? (2 October 2007); National Security Archive, ???Historians, Publicb, 21Interest Groups Sue to Stop Bush Order; Say New Restrictions on White House Files Violateb, 21Presidential Records Act??? (press release; Washington 28 November 2001); Idem, Update (1 Octoberb, 212007); M.J. Sherwin & L. White, ???Democracy Requires a Past???, Chronicle of Higher Education (13b, 21June 2008).]

• people seem to be happy that he's graciously handing over the white house. Nobody gives a F*ck about him anymore. They're too excited about who is moving in. I'm guessing the general feeling is that people are done with him, just knowing he's out for sure. Why waste all that time, money, and effort impeaching him when his bags are packed.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 Why waste all that time, money, and effort impeaching him when his bags are packed. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Well, I have little confidence an impeachment would be successful,b, 21but the threat of it might have some effect on his willingness tob, 21pardon everyone involved in his mess. At least maybe some peopleb, 21can be held accountable for the bullshit that's been going on.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21people seem to be happy that he's graciously handing over the white house. Nobody gives a F*ck about him anymore. They're too excited about who is moving in. I'm guessing the general feeling is that people are done with him, just knowing he's out for sure. Why waste all that time, money, and effort impeaching him when his bags are packed. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21uh........b, 21b, 21http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21people seem to be happy that he's graciously handing over the white house. Nobody gives a F*ck about him anymore. They're too excited about who is moving in. I'm guessing the general feeling is that people are done with him, just knowing he's out for sure. Why waste all that time, money, and effort impeaching him when his bags are packed. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I started to say.b, 21b, 21All this talk about impeachment would probably have been a right-on idea five years ago, when he still had some time left, but now he's got two more months to run...??? In our minds, he's already been impeached.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21uh........b, 21b, 21http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21awesome. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21I'm just saying that an impeachment is not going to happen. I'm guessing that (most) people are happy to move on and are just glad change is coming and that there is a specific date associated with that change. I'm not defending Bush, but I just don't see this even picking up much steam, especially at this point.

• It's a little too late in the day.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Considering the all the crimes that have occurred in our name with our tax money it would be nice to be a little tougher about it.b, 21b, 21HAPPY VETERANS DAY EVERYONE!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    But you know, you can't force democracy on a people, they have to really want it.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21But you know, you can't force democracy on a people, they have to really want it. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21You can no longer force folks to move here either...they have to really want to.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21uh........b, 21b, 21http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21awesome. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21I'm just saying that an impeachment is not going to happen. I'm guessing that (most) people are happy to move on and are just glad change is coming and that there is a specific date associated with that change. I'm not defending Bush, but I just don't see this even picking up much steam, especially at this point. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21most likely. sadly if it didn't happen then it won't happen now. however, I do think it is important for historical reasons