Fallout 3

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Best game evar? Could be.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21

b, 21b, 21This is some Mad Mad schitt. That video doesn't even begin to show what the game is all about. There's something like 16 square miles to walk through and the ending all depends on your good or bad actions. b, 21I'm not a big "gamer" or whatever, but this is unlike anything I've ever seen before and it's taken up most of my weekend (besides Madagascar 2 which is better than the 1st img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/krusty.gif" alt="" 21 ) . b, 21b, 21I've bought maybe 4 games in the last year and this is better than all of them. It definitely lives up to the hype. b, 21b, 21http://www.jsonline.com/features/technology/33613949.html

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" 21

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21:( b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Haha I had to do it dude. Schitt is MEGA.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    my laundry finished like two hours ago but i haven't stopped playing yet to put it in the dryer img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" 21

• three dog got that billie holiday heat!

• THIS MY SCHITT!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Better than "Resident Evil 4"?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21damn! is this on 360?!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i chose the path of evil. blew up megaton as soon as i could, kill almost everyone i meet that says something i dont like, etc. level 12 or something like that, haven't played in a few days. curious to what ending will hit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21damn! is this on 360?! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yes.b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Better than "Resident Evil 4"? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21HAIL YES. b, 21b, 21jump to 2:30 b, 21 b, 21b, 21It's way more than just another shooter. A lot of what happens in the game has to do with how you interact with people and the decisions you make (blowing up a town with a nuclear bomb like Thrope mentioned, etc.). I found a side story at the bottom of the map in Andale where everybody was living like Happy Days but...I don't wanna spoil it so I'll just say they were doing some ill shit down there.b, 21b, 21You don't have to follow a set path or mission, so you can pretty much just do what you want to mile after mile, or you can follow the main storyline of the game and be good or evil. Shit is truly img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lvl.gif" alt="" 21

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Resident Evil might be a better straight up shooter but all the other shit in Fallout more than makes up for it. Like day said, the game is really open-ended so you can pretty much do anything you want. b, 21b, 21The basic premise of the game is your character is living in a "vault" (think of it like a sealed off super underground nuclear shelter) in post-nuclear war DC. One day, your dad leaves the bunker without telling you and the game really starts with you going after him to figure out what's going on. b, 21b, 21The game is dialog driven and really builds up a story. The main storyline with your dad is one thing but there are several other factions within DC that you interact with that build up several side stories. I could go on and on but that video day posted probably covers a good bunch of stuff.b, 21b, 21One last thing is the voice acting. They got Liam Neeson as your dad, Malcom McDowell as the "President", Ron Pearlman as the narrator, and I'm not sure who does Three Dog (radio DJ) but he does a great job. All of them are great and probably worth everything penny they had to pay them for this.

• snosno 332 Posts
    I played for about 2 hours and I realise I cannot do my usual run-and-gun routine on so many Xbox 360 titles (I have not played an RPG for like decades). Fallout 3 demands you to take your time to invest into its universe, and you will be rewarded handsomly for your effort. b, 21b, 21Love the Mad Max-ish vibe. The introduction/training sequence is absolutely brilliant with Neeson's calm voice guiding you the basic operation.b, 21b, 21Out of topic...anybody copped Gears of War 2? Anyone interested in co-op? feel free to hit me up at PM for gamertag details!

• i still havent left the vault yet. i got my ass kicked by butch and i have like 5 coffee cups, 3 clipboards and the bobble head toy. yay! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• snosno 332 Posts
    You mean the episode at birthday party? keep running like a kid being bullied and the grown up will intervene in a couple of minutes.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Oh shit. My girl bought Fable II on friday so I decided to hold off picking this up and focus on one epic game at a time. However, best believe this will be purchased in the next few weeks as the more I see of this game the more I love it.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    as a hardcore nerd for fallout 1 and 2, there was too much expectation...hoping i can let go of that and play it trhough a couple more times.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nice article on the gameb, 21b, 21As far as immediate impact goes, the addictiveness and resonance of Fallout 3 (Multi/Bethesda, Bethesda) felt like a megaton blast to my now frazzled senses. It???s quite possibly the most frightening, immersive game ever, and the deep-seated fear that will grip anyone willing to jump into this startling world is only magnified by the vast ambiguities of how to play.b, 21b, 21Not unlike 2007???s BioShock, Fallout 3 bears little resemblance to its predecessors and stars a living, engrossing world that can be experienced as fast or as slow as the player desires. In a nuclear war ravaged 2277, Washington D.C. is reduced to a wasteland inhabited by bandits, skinless folk and mutants duking it out for the remaining rations.b, 21b, 21The overworld is massive, depressing and largely unpopulated; famous monuments lie in ruin, with stretches of loneliness dotted with deadly fire fights against packs of equally desperate foes. The hopelessness is visible the haunting, decaying buildings and the polluted waters???Fallout 3???s world is constantly creepy and eerily quiet.b, 21TERRIFYING EPIC: Fallout 3b, 21b, 21A mix of action and role-playing gameplay, the hero (a young person who just escaped an underground vault in search of his/her father) must deal with the inevitable scarcity of post-apocalyptic America. Fallout 3???s dreariness is more than imagery???you are constantly dying in this world, if not from radiation poisoning then from crippling injuries. Food is a primary method of regaining health, meaning you???ll resort to consuming cockroaches and even human flesh to survive. Hoarding scraps is essential for bartering with traders and fixing your gritty weapons.b, 21b, 21The only items seemingly in abundance are enhancement drugs, capable of temporarily improving physical and mental skills but eventually ravaging the body. Play long enough and paranoia will undoubtedly set in since everything from contaminated food, weapon corrosion to addictions could prove fatal. Fighting is done through the turn-based V.A.T.S. system. When confronting an enemy, time is stopped so the player can choose a specific target to attack. Characters move in real-time otherwise, so battles are not simply menu-based.b, 21b, 21The system was designed as a compromise between old Fallout fans demanding an adherence to the classic turn-based gameplay and the need to maintain constant action, yet the result surpasses those conciliatory goals and is as involving as any first-person shooter.b, 21b, 21The choice exists in Fallout 3 to become either good or evil. In reality, it???s just a means of deciding how one develops their S.P.E.C.I.A.L. (strength, perception, endurance, charisma, intelligence, agility and luck) skills. Frankly, if you play the game once (which will take enough time) you???ll likely not even realize the potential story branches. No matter though, because if the only option was to save your father and help others, Fallout 3 would still be an epic, unforgettable adventure in a terrifying universe.

• I've been pretty hooked on this game, makes it hard to get any work done from home... I love the post apocalyptic aspect and how you constantly have to scavenge to get money, ammo ect. Right now I just made it to rivet city and I'm doing as many side stories as I can. My character has really high karma and people try to kill me because of it. b, 21b, 21Couple things I'm not too crazy about are the slow motion blood and gore shots. I dunno I just don't think it's necessary/dirty. Also I don't like how dark it is in the subway tunnels, shit freaks me out, maybe a better flashlight would help. b, 21b, 21p.s. If you guys are playing fallout and haven't tried Oblivion yet you should.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Ok, I found my lil homie. Now I can chill on this for a minute.b, 21b, 21b, 21PLAY THIS ONLY AT NIGHT (otherwise you won't get shit done)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    My dog died img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" 21b, 21I got an ant costume yesterday though!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I seriously need to get on a work on music for an hour and then do a quest in Fallout schedule or I might as well sell off all this shit already.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I seriously need to get on a work on music for an hour and then do a quest in Fallout schedule or I might as well sell off all this shit already. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21This sentence barely makes any sense. b, 21b, 21p.s. I know what you're going through

• been playing the SCHITT out of this game. the whole drug dependency thing is damn brilliant.b, 21b, 21also, anyone excited for mirror's edge?b, 21b, 21/object1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21been playing the SCHITT out of this game. the whole drug dependency thing is damn brilliant.b, 21b, 21also, anyone excited for mirror's edge?b, 21b, 21/object1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yeah played a demo of this and it was as fantastic as it promised to be though not sure about the longevity (may have to be a rental first b/w I sound poor). Just looking at the new/upcoming releases on the 360 until xmas is making me feel slightly ill as it's going to take me till next month to finish Fable II unless i do the honourable thing and quit my job.....b, 21b, 21Gears Of War 2b, 21Fable IIb, 21Fallout 3b, 21Far Cry 3b, 21Dead Spaceb, 21Left4Deadb, 21Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Boltsb, 21Mirror's Edge

• Just finished it for the second time. This game is seriously fantastic.b, 21b, 21If you're in Rivet City be sure to rock the run-away android quest (Blade Runner anyone?) because the reward..... if done like a bad person there's actually 2 rewards, are GREAT.b, 21b, 21I played the hell out of 1 & 2, played tactics a bit, this fits well into the canon, and it's a very good if different game. HIGHLY recommended.b, 21b, 21Also: Dead Space. Just played it for 30 mins. Hollywood production values anyone? DAMN.

• jeez im so behind on games. My brother just mailed me dead space.b, 21b, 21anyone else on ps3?b, 21b, 21PS3 ID = Houseface

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Just beat the game and I am now free of PS3 servitude. Great f*cking game, I'll probably play through it again a year from now or so and try being evil.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Just beat the game and I am now free of PS3 servitude. Great f*cking game, I'll probably play through it again a year from now or soin 20 minutes and try being evil. b, 21b, 21h, 21

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    No way man. I have so much personal stuff I've neglected in the past week because of it. b, 21b, 21Where you at in the game day?

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    been playing this for about a week now and overall it's way better than any sandbox game I've played. Plus the railway gun's TOOT TOOT might be the best use of a sound effect ever

• HamHam 872 Posts
    "Democracy is not negotiable!"b, 21"Communist target acquired!"b, 21b, 21etc. that was ill